The Bank (5/19)

View as article
Arkansas has beat us out for Wiggins, Rose, and Singleton! And now we're scared of Tulane? Gtfoh
Not scared off. You missed the bigger part of @DMoney’s point, risk v reward. The player is not good enough (reward), that he is worth the risk, even if small. If we were talking about a top 5-10 player I guarantee you UM would be willing to take a big risk. But not for everyone.

Everything in life is risk v reward. I told this to clients every day when they “demanded” a trial regardless of the evidence against them and I explained the plea deal v the max sentence after trial.
Some cases were worth the risk, some were not. I turned down a 5 year plea deal on a murder case because we felt we could win at trial (and we did). OTOH, I recommended a 20 year prison sentence on a murder case because my client would have been convicted with a mandatory life sentence after trial.
I was not scared nor was my client. We just accurately analyzed risk v reward.

Advertisement
03Shavers1-superJumbo.jpg
Many fighters, including Ali, said Ernie Shavers was the hardest hitter they ever fought, and that includes Frazier and Foreman.

Hey @DMoney good work as always. What would you say regarding Breland & Cunningham on the DL? Could you see that being a package deal? How many bodies do you realistically expect the canes to take on DL? 7,8?

Advertisement
That's my thinking too how many on the d-line I'm thinking 7 maybe 8 if all blue chip guys want in
Just trying to put it together and the math ain’t mathing. T.A seemed like a Miami lean since spring game, especially with him transferring to Central.

Cunningham, Scott, Breland, Stone, Lightfoot, Jayden Jackson, Pickett Jr, Franklin, Jericho Johnson, Jones, Stewart, Jackson, Downs.

Seems like it might be a first come first serve. Similar to OL last year. You want in? Better hop on it. But that differs from the “don’t commit now, wait and make sure it’s the right move” we’ve been seeing.

Just trying to put it together and the math ain’t mathing. T.A seemed like a Miami lean since spring game, especially with him transferring to Central.

Cunningham, Scott, Breland, Stone, Lightfoot, Jayden Jackson, Pickett Jr, Franklin, Jericho Johnson, Jones, Stewart, Jackson, Downs.

That's what I'm thinking we might have to tell some people no, but I still we lead for TA, and Lightfoot, at DE but it's so many guys especially at DT I don't know how we narrow it down to say 4 DTs

Advertisement
That's what I'm thinking we might have to tell some people no, but I still we lead for TA, and Lightfoot, at DE but it's so many guys especially at DT I don't know how we narrow it down to say 4 DTs
Especially if the big fish don’t want in right away. How do you accept 3/4 commits when Breland, Stone, Scott haven’t decided yet? Will they actually take as many elite EDGEs that want in? **** it’s really possible Miami lands 5/6 top 150 DLs… if you take 3/4 before that then someone is being told to kick rocks.

People on here acting like @DMoney said we stopped recruiting the “Big name” OLineman that are spooked. You don’t think Mario knows he needs great trench depth year after year lol. We only can get who wants to come and compete. They’re still pushing for them but probably don’t get them because of early PT and lack of success.

Advertisement
Th
Especially if the big fish don’t want in right away. How do you accept 3/4 commits when Breland, Stone, Scott haven’t decided yet? Will they actually take as many elite EDGEs that want in? **** it’s really possible Miami lands 5/6 top 150 DLs… if you take 3/4 before that then someone is being told to kick rocks.

That's what I'm thinking too they gonna have guys wait for the heavy hitters like Scott and Stone, but hoping they make summer commitments to get more clarity to our board. And I got them with at least 3 edge guys maybe 4

Advertisement
In that case we have to go undefeated.
As of today's date ... I personally concede no game. Got to play them ... if somebody wants a W against us they have to beat us on the field. Every kid in that locker room and on green tree is working to get stronger, faster, better, and staff is game planning to win. Who am I at a keyboard to say they can't do it. Go Canes!!! 12-0 until proven otherwise.

Advertisement
Back