The Bank (5/19)

View as article
Data driven, huh? Lol. If u think that’s what I am, then my friend…yeah, I’ll just leave it like that.

But you're doing it right now. Miami, who according to @DMoney is leading for their top C and top OG, is having trouble getting Baker because of Francis and Samson and you're saying that top programs don't have that problem, denigrating Miami in the process. You pointed to UGA, but we showed that UGA had the same difficulty. @supacane (post #82) also showed that Texas, who had a top 3 overall class last year had the same problem after their elite OL class the previous year even though they were recruiting incredibly well overall. So you made some weird excuse for UGA because of "defensive priorities" when they in fact signed a full 5-man class where they were only able to land lower ranked players than usual, but we aren't allowed to have the same playing time issues top recruiting programs like UGA (you brought them up!) and Texas have?

Am I wrong?

You're gonna drop all that and punt? Come on meng.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Selling 2 Nat’l Titles, huh?

OK, then riddle me this:

What were they selling in 2017-2019 when they signed Wilson, Thomas, Slayer, Mays, Webb along the OL?

Georgia won 13 games in 2017 and 11 in 2018. And that doesn’t even get into the respective results of Georgia and Miami for the decade before that. Or the fact that many of those kids lived within driving distance of Athens.

This isn’t that complicated, fellas.

People on here complaining like that wasn’t mostly really good news. We just signed arguably the best OL class I can remember here and people are mad we can’t stack talent like teams that have been in the top 5 for **** near a decade while we haven’t even been ranked.

We aren’t UGA or Bama, maybe we get back there but this is about showing improvement on the field while continuing to improve depth while adding big time pieces where we can.

This is just a generalized question/comment...

Why do certain posters feel COMPELLED to mention the name of every top recruit that @DMoney does NOT mention in every Bank or podcast, as if the omission of certain names is a reflection that Miami is no longer recruiting any of the guys that @DMoney didn't mention?

Hey, @DMoney , how about in every Bank you list every name, and then for the guys for whom there is "no new news", you just indicate that by typing "NNN". In that way, you can save hundreds of questions on every Bank and Podcast that start "Hey, @DMoney , what about Recruit X, why did Miami drop him?"

Georgia won 13 games in 2017 and 11 in 2018. And that doesn’t even get into the respective results of Georgia and Miami for the decade before that. Or the fact that many of those kids lived within driving distance of Athens.

Not to mention that they were handing out real bags, while ours had Starbucks gift cards, Chapstick, and five Sacagawea dollars.

Advertisement
Also, I find it hilarious that u’re somehow trying to imply that we’re stacked at OL to remotely put ourselves in this same scenario. Lol.

I find it hilarious that you're inferring that I'm implying that because I haven't at all.

We have two 5-star tackles. They are both true freshmen. There are two tackles on the field at a time. They are primed to be starters here through the 2025 season at a minimum. It's going to be hard to sign another 5-star OT who wants to play and start early in his career.

That is what I said. That is what I'm saying. And we showed that UGA (your example) and Texas (best OL class in recent memory) had the very same issue.

If you think I am "somehow trying to imply" anything else then you are mistaken.

Can we honestly stop asking why Georgia and Alabama can do things that we can't? It's blatantly obvious that those schools win championships and put guys into the first round yearly. While we're hoping to improve to 7-5 and finish in the top half of the ACC. Miami just doesn't have the credibility that the powerhouse programs have. Maybe if we start to win and turn a couple 5 stars into 1st rounders, we can do things that Alabama and Georgia do.
Yeah so our expectation bars are set to immediately be at the same level as the two best teams in college football who also happen to be established blue bloods with huge budgets.

Forget learning to walk before you run, thats like going directly from crawling to driving a porche. Its fair to criticize last seasons on field performance but to criticize the recruiting since Mario came on board is just crazy talk.

It astonishes me that fans of a 5-7 team coming off the most talentless, dysfunctional, coaching-inept season in program history - preceded by nearly two decades of mediocrity, mind you - are wondering why we're not already at the "stacking chips" phase of recruiting.

Advertisement

Its because the bank was too positive, and its a shonda but porsters need to kvetch non stop about ganze drek. Amirite @RVACane ?

Yes.

I would also add that I hope that people will stop expecting us to ACTUALLY BE the recruiting equivalent of UGa/Bama within a year or two of Mario's arrival.

It's gonna take a couple of years to get to their level of "2-deep full of 5-stars".
True, a couple more! I think we will be percolating by the time '24 playoffs roll around.

There is a thing called a "fan" and fans have a thing called "hope". So until those teams actually BEAT us this season I am pulling for the W.

Hey friend, I hope our Canes get the dub-u too.

Rationally for this season however, we'll know more by week 5/6.

I'm a fan of Elle McPherson blowing me, yet I don't believe The Body has rationally come to same conclusion.

Like without Canes, give her time.

Its because the bank was too positive, and its a shonda but porsters need to kvetch non stop about ganze drek. Amirite @RVACane ?

Yes.

This is why we can never have nice things, or five minutes of optimism. People gotta take a dump in a Bank thread?

COME ON, NOW! Let's get back on track. Y'all ain't gotta slurp, but you can smile every once in a while...

Advertisement
Yes.

I would also add that I hope that people will stop expecting us to ACTUALLY BE the recruiting equivalent of UGa/Bama within a year or two of Mario's arrival.

It's gonna take a couple of years to get to their level of "2-deep full of 5-stars".
You could argue Mario's Miami Machine* is already showing some elements of Bama/Jawga prowess.

I think Clemson is falling off a cliff...

I find it hilarious that you're inferring that I'm implying that because I haven't at all.

We have two 5-star tackles. They are both true freshmen. There are two tackles on the field at a time. They are primed to be starters here through the 2025 season at a minimum. It's going to be hard to sign another 5-star OT who wants to play and start early in his career.

That is what I said. That is what I'm saying.

If you think I am "somehow trying to imply" anything else then you are mistaken.

THERE ARE MORE THAN TACKLES THAT PLAY OL!! Like what r u talking about?? If TWO OTs r scaring off guards, C’s, IOLs, then something else is going on. I gave an example of UGA, in which @DMoney said what’s the real issue, something I’ve said several times already. Winning matters! That’s all I was trying to get to.

Listen, b/c I’ve been through 3 previous regimes already, & I’ve seen the same counter arguments used during each regime, I’m not going to exhaust my time.

I’ll acquiesce.

One thing I'll say about this staff, and only time will tell if they're ultimately right, but they seem to absolutely trust their own evals. The guys we've seen with early offers that are starting to blow up have me really excited.

Advertisement
THERE ARE MORE THAN TACKLES THAT PLAY OL!! Like what r u talking about?? If TWO OTs r scaring off guards, C’s, IOLs, then something else is going on. I gave an example of UGA, in which @DMoney said what’s the real issue, something I’ve said several times already. Winning matters! That’s all I was trying to get to.

Listen, b/c I’ve been through 3 previous regimes already, & I’ve seen the same counter arguments used during each regime, I’m not going to exhaust my time.

I’ll acquiesce.

But who said that our 5-star OT's are scaring off IOL? I don't think anyone has. If they have, they're mistaken. Certainly not me. I couldn't have been more specific, even naming Baker as the OT who doesn't want to follow Francis and Samson. As @DMoney said, Miami leads for the #1 center and and #1 OG on their board right now. OL recruiting is going fine, especially in a down cycle nationally for OL.

I've been through the same three previous regimes as well. I don't ever remember us having two freshmen 5-stars at the same position.

BTW it seems to me Bama is stalking us on the trail. I know it sounds absurd but some of these players like Keyshawn Flowers has mostly big ten and northeast offers, plus us.....then Bama. I expect them to just go after the top 5 at the position since they can, while we have to do some more evaluation. Based on their transfers lately, i dont think their talent recruitment is as sound as its made out to be. Seems they pretty much just load up and absorbed the bad evals in the past. But with the portal its kinda exposing some of it. Just some random musing.

BTW they offered Chris Cole as well who is similar to Flowers as well and rated 3 star. If you watch film you know those two players are no 3 stars. Even though they border on 4. Cole is Rohan nephew so i think we good there. And as of now Flowers has us as his only OV set up in 2 weeks.
Even if they are, which would make a ton of sense, Alabamas scouting department is ******* insanely big. They have connections into every recruiting hot bed and all it takes for them is one call to find out whether that guy has it or don't.

Advertisement
Back