Tennessee fans saying byrd is a vol .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Nee just posted a new article about Byrd. Anyone care to summarize?

The Latest With Tyler Byrd

Was from this morning

- Giving them a look because of Fils-Aime
- Fils-Aime wanted to join Byrd in Miami, but Miami didn't want him
- Byrd very high on Miami and respects the school and coaches
- UM has a bigger need for him
- Richt made him a priority as soon as dead period ended
- Playing time tougher at UT because they return top 3 CBs and are favorite to land Nigel Warrior
- Miami gives option to be 3-4 year starter and family to attend games

**** Golden

Advertisement
Tennessee fans are more retarded than I thought. I guess being extremely dilussional is a requirement for being in the SEC. What does Tennessee really have to offer? You're not getting past Nick Saben or Les Miles any time soon. ****, even Florida has a better chance at winning the SEC than Tenn. Someone needs to let this kid Byrd know that he will never win the SEC as a VOL. He will never make the playoff, much less win an NC.

Meanwhile Miami plays in the coastal and should have a chance at winning the ACC every year after this upcoming season. Winning the ACC will almost guarantee a spot in the CFP. So does he want to play for NCs or does he want to play house with his "brother" in the SEC?

New one

Cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph and safeties coach Ephraim Banda stopped by to reinforce how strongly they feel about working with Byrd in the future.

"They came by school during my lunch period and we met then," Byrd said. "I had core classes I needed to go to so I didn't want to miss that. They just wanted to say they need someone like me at the 'U' and how much they like me. It was good to review a lot of things we had talked about before."

Many expected that Miami would push for Byrd (6-0, 194) to cancel his last trip. He explained that not only did it not happen but the Volunteers weren't even mentioned very much.

"They didn't actually say much about my visit to Tennessee," Byrd said. "I think they might be worried about me going up there but I have no idea for sure. They told me it would be a nice place but I should be part of changing Miami."

Byrd has never visited a school outside his home state so Knoxville will undoubtedly provide a different experience. He went over why he's spending the weekend on campus and what he's looking to get out of it.

"I'm going to see what the school is about, what's their message, if it's a nice place, and what education programs they offer," Byrd said. "I'm interested in the basic stuff but I also want to find out stuff beyond the basics. They didn't want to tell me about it so I could build my own perception."

What could be Tennessee's best shot at changing Byrd's mind? He has an idea but it probably won't solidify until the trip has concluded.

"I haven't really thought about that, it's just going to be about how I feel," Byrd said. "How comfortable I am around the coaches and players will probably be the biggest point of emphasis."

All in all, Byrd is in a position of getting more than he bargained for. He was a solid pledge for almost the entire way so now that it's in any doubt, the decision is weighing heavy on him.

"It started late so it's gotten very difficult and stressful," Byrd said. "I knew it would go like that but it's just a lot right now. My whole family is helping out, my parents and my other parents (Carlin Fils-Aime's). Their advice was to pick somewhere that feels right in my heart. Wherever I go, they're going to support me."

Byrd holds offers from Boston College, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Ole Miss, USC, and USF in addition to the two aforementioned programs.

Byrd's senior season included 38 tackles, 3 for loss, an interception, and 5 pass breakups. He added 36 catches for 641 yards and 9 touchdowns as a wide receiver.

Byrd is a four star prospect according to the 247Sports Composite, ranking him 86th overall in the nation, 10th at his position, and 15th overall in the state of Florida.

New one

Cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph and safeties coach Ephraim Banda stopped by to reinforce how strongly they feel about working with Byrd in the future.

"They came by school during my lunch period and we met then," Byrd said. "I had core classes I needed to go to so I didn't want to miss that. They just wanted to say they need someone like me at the 'U' and how much they like me. It was good to review a lot of things we had talked about before."

Many expected that Miami would push for Byrd (6-0, 194) to cancel his last trip. He explained that not only did it not happen but the Volunteers weren't even mentioned very much.

"They didn't actually say much about my visit to Tennessee," Byrd said. "I think they might be worried about me going up there but I have no idea for sure. They told me it would be a nice place but I should be part of changing Miami."

Byrd has never visited a school outside his home state so Knoxville will undoubtedly provide a different experience. He went over why he's spending the weekend on campus and what he's looking to get out of it.

"I'm going to see what the school is about, what's their message, if it's a nice place, and what education programs they offer," Byrd said. "I'm interested in the basic stuff but I also want to find out stuff beyond the basics. They didn't want to tell me about it so I could build my own perception."

What could be Tennessee's best shot at changing Byrd's mind? He has an idea but it probably won't solidify until the trip has concluded.

"I haven't really thought about that, it's just going to be about how I feel," Byrd said. "How comfortable I am around the coaches and players will probably be the biggest point of emphasis."

All in all, Byrd is in a position of getting more than he bargained for. He was a solid pledge for almost the entire way so now that it's in any doubt, the decision is weighing heavy on him.

"It started late so it's gotten very difficult and stressful," Byrd said. "I knew it would go like that but it's just a lot right now. My whole family is helping out, my parents and my other parents (Carlin Fils-Aime's). Their advice was to pick somewhere that feels right in my heart. Wherever I go, they're going to support me."

Byrd holds offers from Boston College, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Ole Miss, USC, and USF in addition to the two aforementioned programs.

Byrd's senior season included 38 tackles, 3 for loss, an interception, and 5 pass breakups. He added 36 catches for 641 yards and 9 touchdowns as a wide receiver.

Byrd is a four star prospect according to the 247Sports Composite, ranking him 86th overall in the nation, 10th at his position, and 15th overall in the state of Florida.

from reading this, its definitely not a lock. he lives with this other kid and they are like brothers so he is definitely going to love his visit. just have to hope logic wins out here but this thing can go either way.

New one

from reading this, its definitely not a lock. he lives with this other kid and they are like brothers so he is definitely going to love his visit. just have to hope logic wins out here but this thing can go either way.

i think people putting to much stock in fact he lives with fils aime. byrd says is a momma's boy and miami is way ahead. tenesee would have to do some amazing things to flip him

come signing day byrd is a cane i believe this. i just don't see him going to tennesee even with fils aime there.

Advertisement
This is why they think he will flip.

"At first, they respected my commitment and they never pressured me out of respect for me," Byrd explained. "And even after the coaching change they didn't do it too much until these last two weeks. Since then, they've really been pushing for me to come take a visit.

"Then, Carlin has kept telling me to come see it and that it's beautiful. Coach Scott has told me how beautiful it is. Coach Jones kept saying, 'It's really a nice place to be so just come check it out. If you don't like it, then ok. But you didn't miss out on the opportunity.'

"They never pushed me or made me feel uncomfortable. They always sat back and let me know the door is always open. That has told me the type of people they are."

"I want to make it clear that I would have taken the visit without coach Scott at Tennessee," Byrd said. "But, with him there it's a bonus factor. Not only are these guys saying it's a great school, but coach Scott is someone I trust."

"I like their vibe a lot, especially coach G's vibe," Byrd said. "He and Carlin have a good relationship. It makes you want to be around them. They laugh and they joke.

Byrd was just at Miami for his official visit last weekend and after being there numerous times already, he said there wasn't much left for him to see.

"I didn't see much. We went to a basketball game and had dinner. That was about it. They showed us how the defense would play," Byrd said.

As for this weekend's visit to Rocky Top, he's expecting big things out of Tennessee.

"I don't know what I'll see. I think I'm going to get blown away," Byrd said. "The way Carlin talks about it, when I step on campus, I might just be like, 'Wow. Ok. Now I see what Carlin is talking about it like this.'"

"My biggest thing is being able to make an impact wherever I'm thrown. Offense, defense, special teams," Byrd said.

Lol at Knoxville being a beautiful place. I spent 6 wks of two different summers at UT in high school. Besides the strip where all their bars are located, there is absolutely nothing to do in that city. We had to drive for over an hour away to find something and that was dollywood, or about 2 hrs to Chattanooga, and that place is really just for tourists. The only beautiful setting in Knoxville is the river and bridge right beside the stadium. And thats only at night time when its illuminated.....The coolest part about Knoxville was driving past the mountains from the airport into the city and even that ride took forever

Last edited:
I say he flips but not because Aime but because he seems to be looking for a new experience

I say he flips but not because Aime but because he seems to be looking for a new experience

How does a new experience add up to every reason he committed to Miami in the first place?

People always underestimate this over new News.

Dude wants to play for Miami, in Miami in front of his fam and his friends and he has already built bonds with Miami players.

I don't think he flips. Think he is pretty solid.

But if he does I will laugh my *** off and mark him as high transfer candidate after his first year.

Advertisement
Dont forget high profile kids love to get their share of the limelight. Its like they feel like they are missing out on something if they dont create the drama.

Hope he's a cane but.... You never know and Tennessee does actually have fils aime working in their favor

Advertisement
Advertisement
Knoxville is a decent sized city, but it's nothing special. Chattanooga is much nicer. Nashville is much nicer. UT's campus is big, but it's nothing special. UF and FSU have better (big state school) campuses. UGA has a nicer campus. All UT has going for it is a HUGE ******* stadium and nice facilities....insert the $EC, bagmen and hoes comments here__________.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back