Tennessee fans saying byrd is a vol .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This is why they think he will flip.

"At first, they respected my commitment and they never pressured me out of respect for me," Byrd explained. "And even after the coaching change they didn't do it too much until these last two weeks. Since then, they've really been pushing for me to come take a visit.

"Then, Carlin has kept telling me to come see it and that it's beautiful. Coach Scott has told me how beautiful it is. Coach Jones kept saying, 'It's really a nice place to be so just come check it out. If you don't like it, then ok. But you didn't miss out on the opportunity.'

"They never pushed me or made me feel uncomfortable. They always sat back and let me know the door is always open. That has told me the type of people they are."

"I want to make it clear that I would have taken the visit without coach Scott at Tennessee," Byrd said. "But, with him there it's a bonus factor. Not only are these guys saying it's a great school, but coach Scott is someone I trust."

"I like their vibe a lot, especially coach G's vibe," Byrd said. "He and Carlin have a good relationship. It makes you want to be around them. They laugh and they joke.

Byrd was just at Miami for his official visit last weekend and after being there numerous times already, he said there wasn't much left for him to see.

"I didn't see much. We went to a basketball game and had dinner. That was about it. They showed us how the defense would play," Byrd said.

As for this weekend's visit to Rocky Top, he's expecting big things out of Tennessee.

"I don't know what I'll see. I think I'm going to get blown away," Byrd said. "The way Carlin talks about it, when I step on campus, I might just be like, 'Wow. Ok. Now I see what Carlin is talking about it like this.'"

"My biggest thing is being able to make an impact wherever I'm thrown. Offense, defense, special teams," Byrd said.

Yeah, I'm a little nervous.

Anyone more familiar with his family situation? He lived with Carlin and they're "like brothers," but his family (mom? dad? brothers?) lives somewhere in South Florida?

This is why they think he will flip.

"At first, they respected my commitment and they never pressured me out of respect for me," Byrd explained. "And even after the coaching change they didn't do it too much until these last two weeks. Since then, they've really been pushing for me to come take a visit.

"Then, Carlin has kept telling me to come see it and that it's beautiful. Coach Scott has told me how beautiful it is. Coach Jones kept saying, 'It's really a nice place to be so just come check it out. If you don't like it, then ok. But you didn't miss out on the opportunity.'

"They never pushed me or made me feel uncomfortable. They always sat back and let me know the door is always open. That has told me the type of people they are."

"I want to make it clear that I would have taken the visit without coach Scott at Tennessee," Byrd said. "But, with him there it's a bonus factor. Not only are these guys saying it's a great school, but coach Scott is someone I trust."

"I like their vibe a lot, especially coach G's vibe," Byrd said. "He and Carlin have a good relationship. It makes you want to be around them. They laugh and they joke.

Byrd was just at Miami for his official visit last weekend and after being there numerous times already, he said there wasn't much left for him to see.

"I didn't see much. We went to a basketball game and had dinner. That was about it. They showed us how the defense would play," Byrd said.

As for this weekend's visit to Rocky Top, he's expecting big things out of Tennessee.

"I don't know what I'll see. I think I'm going to get blown away," Byrd said. "The way Carlin talks about it, when I step on campus, I might just be like, 'Wow. Ok. Now I see what Carlin is talking about it like this.'"

"My biggest thing is being able to make an impact wherever I'm thrown. Offense, defense, special teams," Byrd said.

Jesu Christo. I understand some kids from the hood that have never been more than 10 miles from their house in their entire lives but this kid is talking like he's expecting to visit Bora Bora instead of some city in freakin' Tennessee. News flash: There are a TON of actual college towns/cities in this country that are every bit as "spectacular" as one another. Eff outta here with Knoxville being anything more or less unique and beautiful than about 50 other places.

Advertisement
Theyre str8 disrespecting over on the UT boards.

I hope we get Byrd, Latrell, and snag one of their guys last minute and put those ****** hicks in a body bag.

Cedrick Wright is on Byrd lol

2016 All- American ‏@_CedTooLive 9m9 minutes ago

@D1fuzzymuffin17 so what's the play bruh?

would Byrd really leave his girlfriend so close to home and a place where he is almost assured a starting position at a top rated academic university?

Also,his mother is here,not in Tennessee.Cane lock.

Yeah, I'm a little nervous.

Anyone more familiar with his family situation? He lived with Carlin and they're "like brothers," but his family (mom? dad? brothers?) lives somewhere in South Florida?

Yes.Plus,in another post,Shaq's dad asked Byrd if he was a "mommas boy like Shaq" and Byrd said yes he is.Sounds to me like he is staying home.

Fils-Aime talking about fcking Knoxville like it's Wizard of Oz ****. Fils-Aime has a future as a used car salesman at Pierre LaFont Used Cars the way he's pitching that **** hole. Has the kid ever been out of his house? He must be bubble boy stuck in a plastic bubble his whole life if he thinks Knoxville is Mecca.

Knoxville is a fcking hayseed redneck Walmart town full of fat hillbillies with one tooth flapping in their stinky low-IQ mouths. What the fck is so beautiful about Knoxville?

Listen, I love Hillbilly Jim as much as the next guy, but to act like he's going to Oz I hope the dude gets a dose of reality.

Advertisement
First time I've heard this one....

"At first, they respected my commitment and they never pressured me out of respect for me," Byrd explained. "And even after the coaching change they didn't do it too much until these last two weeks. Since then, they've really been pushing for me to come take a visit."

So they didn't recruit him till the last week out of respect? Thats comical.

No....Byrd wouldn't talk to them until recentnly because he is 100% locked into Miami but wants to build some drama.

This is a bad bluff by Byrd....don't get fooled by this stuff rookies.

Also, anyone find it odd Fils Amine has taken a grand total of ZERO official visits?

I think the kid is nervous to go on the trip by himself. That's about the only reason Byrd is going with him.

"At first, they respected my commitment and they never pressured me out of respect for me," Byrd explained. "And even after the coaching change they didn't do it too much until these last two weeks. Since then, they've really been pushing for me to come take a visit."

No....Byrd wouldn't talk to them until recentnly because he is 100% locked into Miami but wants to build some drama.

Or there's some sort of bag and some sort of $$$ involved...

Fils-Aime talking about fcking Knoxville like it's Wizard of Oz ****. Fils-Aime has a future as a used car salesman at Pierre LaFont Used Cars the way he's pitching that **** hole. Has the kid ever been out of his house? He must be bubble boy stuck in a plastic bubble his whole life if he thinks Knoxville is Mecca.

Knoxville is a fcking hayseed redneck Walmart town full of fat hillbillies with one tooth flapping in their stinky low-IQ mouths. What the fck is so beautiful about Knoxville?

Listen, I love Hillbilly Jim as much as the next guy, but to act like he's going to Oz I hope the dude gets a dose of reality.

I went to Tennessee and I second this. There's absolutely nothing to do in Knoxville.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Byrd does not fit the profile of a kid with his hand out.

Or there's some sort of bag and some sort of $$$ involved...

this is fcking hilarious! good job on the narrative and description. lmfao

Advertisement
Byrd seems like a good kid. His "brother" and former recruiter at the school he's committed to want him to visit. Don't blame him for that. Now if the kid flips...

Chris Nee just posted a new article about Byrd. Anyone care to summarize?

The Latest With Tyler Byrd

Miami coach Mark Richt has done a nice job of keeping the majority of the 2016 commits intact since taking the job in December.

(Photo: Isaiah Hole, 247Sports)
One key commit that Miami will be monitoring over the final weekend before National Signing Day is cornerback Tyler Byrd.

Byrd is giving Tennessee a look because his teammate, running back Carlin Fils-Aime, is committed there and the two have a close relationship.

The relationship between Fils-Aime and Byrd is closer than a friendship. The two are like brothers. They have lived together for the last few years and are extremely close.

Early in the recruiting process, Fils-Aime hoped he could join Byrd at Miami, but the Hurricanes never showed significant interest. Tennessee, now, is doing their best of selling the opportunity of the two friends continuing their playing career together in Knoxville.

With that being said, Byrd is very high on Miami. He has a great respect for the program, impressed by the academics that UM can offer, and a big factor weighing in Miami’s favor is that the school is a two hour drive away from home. Byrd wants his family to be able to come to his games.

Beyond that, Miami has a legitimate big need for Byrd and that has been illustrated by the manner that Mark Richt has recruited him. Once the NCAA dead period ended, Byrd was the first recruit that Richt visited. Richt believes that Byrd is the most important commit that the Hurricanes need to keep in the class.

Miami returns starting cornerback Corn Elder, a rising senior, this season and beyond that they have four cornerbacks returning that will fight for the remaining playing time. The Hurricanes need a true freshman to come in and compete for immediate playing time and Byrd was identified as that player in the 2016 class.

The path to early playing time at Tennessee won't be as smooth as the Volunteers are returning their top three cornerbacks. Tennessee is also adding early enrollees Marquill Osborne and JUCO transfer D.J. Henderson this semester. Tennessee is also considered the favorite to land top 50 prospect Nigel Warrior on National Signing Day. With that being said, Byrd would be in line to compete for playing time in his second season at UT.

While Tennessee does have a lot of momentum and excitement with Byrd right now, Miami is hopeful that once his visit to Knoxville is over he will take a step back and not get caught up in that hype. Miami presents an opportunity to be a three or four year starter and Byrd understands that. The Hurricanes also present an option that allows his family and friends to come to all of his home games.

Byrd is expecting Miami cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph and safeties coach Ephraim Banda to visit today and UM will look to sell themselves before he makes his trip to Tennessee.

Im a student at Tennessee but a die hard canes fan. I hate the vols but yes these guys think they are getting him and I have to agree that the area around knoxville can be beautiful with the mountains and forests but the city and campus can can be pretty bad. Living on/near campus for the four years Ive been here if you live anywhere close to the school (im talking about within walking distance) its really not that nice. These guys up here love Butch right now but half way through the season they wanted him gone as badly as we all wanted Golden gone. I hope that we hang onto Byrd he's a great player that we desperately need.

Chris Nee just posted a new article about Byrd. Anyone care to summarize?

The Latest With Tyler Byrd

Was from this morning

- Giving them a look because of Fils-Aime
- Fils-Aime wanted to join Byrd in Miami, but Miami didn't want him
- Byrd very high on Miami and respects the school and coaches
- UM has a bigger need for him
- Richt made him a priority as soon as dead period ended
- Playing time tougher at UT because they return top 3 CBs and are favorite to land Nigel Warrior
- Miami gives option to be 3-4 year starter and family to attend games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back