Stay tuned

Advertisement
It went beyond that.
He’s been in Gville for **** near a decade and I’ve never heard anything bad about him other than being weird , arrogant and not loving recruiting. He’s not a very personable fella but with all the sleaze balls in coaching he’s a saint. A saint that can coach qb’s and offense. Knowing the people we had in charge before I’d definitely lean it was a them problem unless he started whacking off during the interview or chowing down on boogers.

I don't think that is a good point in Dan's favor. It took me all of 5 seconds to see Trask was a better qb. He had him sitting on the sidelines for 2 years because Mullen wants running qb's. Wasted a superior qb talent to play his system. Sound familiar?
Mullen has 2 NCs as an OC....He also worked with, and developed
Tebow (Heisman)
Leak
Trask
Dak Prescott....his resume shats on Gattis's...

I don't think that is a good point in Dan's favor. It took me all of 5 seconds to see Trask was a better qb. He had him sitting on the sidelines for 2 years because Mullen wants running qb's. Wasted a superior qb talent to play his system. Sound familiar?
Trask was backup in HS for most of his career. He didn’t have much physical talent, no UF fan or coach saw that coming. He has a very long history of being right , no coach is perfect.

Advertisement
I hear ya.

I just think we need to put a premium on coaching "fit" this time around, and I'm not sure Mullen "fits". Unless Mario is setting up the Nick Saban Memorial School for Football Coaching Rehab - South Campus...and Mullen wants to humbly enroll for a couple of years...
I was just thinking this that Mario could adopt the NSMSFCR model and bring in 1-2 ex HC’s. Strong could be the considered the cornerstone hire and 1st class President.

Trask was backup in HS for most of his career. He didn’t have much physical talent, no UF fan or coach saw that coming. He has a very long history of being right , no coach is perfect.

He's been successful literally everywhere he went, doing it multiple different ways with multiple different skill sets.

In 2016, he had 2 kids on the same **** team who couldn't have had more different skill sets, and all they did was win a natty. He's a weirdo, he's arrogant, his wife makes out with kids. All true. I wouldn't want him as my head coach. But as an OC? FOH. Dude is the literal defintion of a coach. Take who you got a mold a successful unit. That's exactly who he is.

Advertisement
Mullen has 2 NCs as an OC....He also worked with, and developed
Tebow (Heisman)
Leak
Trask
Dak Prescott....his resume shats on Gattis's...
Well if you are going that route he did his best work with Alex Smith at Utah. No argument he is an upgrade. My point is he isn't exactly quick to adjust either. Another stubborn coach that didn't see the error in his ways. He had a vastly superior qb sitting on the sidelines with a loaded roster. His impetus on having a qb that can run is a big red flag for me. Granted I'm more of an old school pro style guy.

He's been successful literally everywhere he went, doing it multiple different ways with multiple different skill sets.

In 2016, he had 2 kids on the same **** team who couldn't have had more different skill sets, and all they did was win a natty. He's a weirdo, he's arrogant, his wife makes out with kids. All true. I wouldn't want him as my head coach. But as an OC? FOH. Dude is the literal defintion of a coach. Take who you got a mold a successful unit. That's exactly who he is.
I believe he’s the best non air raid offensive mind/play caller in the business

In a vacuum or a video game, sure. In the real world where staff chemistry matters and is the reason we are in this mess, he‘d be a bunt attempt with 2 outs and runners on the corners.
Bunt Ichiro GIF - Bunt Ichiro Home Run GIFs

Mario needs to stop with that "It's my offense, or none"....that sh*t needs to stop. If this yr doesn't tell him he needs a new offensive philosophy...then nothing will.
This. Also (1) herman runs a power type spread that actually is up Mario’s alley and (2) Mario met with him in early 2015 to learn that offense from him.

Advertisement
My expectations is what I’m confident will happen. I haven’t said anything unrealistic. We’ll have a good amount of flips , we’ve already had some since I posted that and more to come. Short term and long. I also said it’ll be a good finish , maybe better than I originally thought. Anybody that knows how I do things knows I’m conservative with my posts. For multiple reasons.

With this week I said two commits was likely. One would be a surprise. I’m half way home. There’s so many guys in play that it could be more but I’m posting what I know , not hearsay. This stuff changes fast.
I know you know.

Everyone knows you know.

You are my favorite of all posters.

But getting the mongaloids excited, only means they'll ***** they imagined it would be better.

I'm definitely NOT telling you what YOU should say, but if I knew what you know, I'd say something like...

"Recruiting is very fluid. I've not heard of any commit we're likely to lose, but you never know. On the other hand, Mario is relentless, and some commits elsewhere are listening. All in all, I'm very encouraged but what I've heard so far. Will any top 250 player flip to us? I don't know, but having Mario here has given me real reason to hope, and even hope there's more than one"

I believe he’s the best non air raid offensive mind/play caller in the business

I'm not gonna rank him a certain way, but all I know for a ******* fact is the dude can coach QBs and he can coach offense. Period. He is the literal exact opposite of Josh Gattis. He's a PROVEN dude, who has done it for multiple years in multiple places working for multiple coaches and had multiple coaches working for him and he's had successful years and players over and over and over.

Advertisement
I know you know.

Everyone knows you know.

You are my favorite of all posters.

But getting the mongaloids excited, only means they'll ***** they imagined it would be better.

I'm definitely NOT telling you what YOU should say, but if I knew what you know, I'd say something like...

"Recruiting is very fluid. I've not heard of any commit we're likely to lose, but you never know. On the other hand, Mario is relentless, and some commits elsewhere are listening. All in all, I'm very encouraged but what I've heard so far. Will any top 250 player flip to us? I don't know, but having Mario here has given me real reason to hope, and even hope there's more than one"
You go to the bathroom for @Cribby too? I think he could say whatever he wants.

What he did with Trask was mind blowing for a guy who’s always been a power spread / option type. He spread teams out and throwing the ball all over the lot. Using Pitts / Toney like Hill / Kelce in KC. It looked nothing like his previous offenses.

Herman or Mullen wouldn't run a offense Mario wants to run, both could probably get head coaching jobs at smaller schools if they want rather then being a OC somewhere.
2E5EB8B1-A81A-466B-8182-A869B7849844.png

Disagree. Sounds like exactly what Mario would like to do.

I can’t speak to his extracurricular activities as rumored by others, but looking at purely from a football perspective...his scheme would be a great fit with Mario and our athletes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back