Stay tuned

Again, this sounds great as a theory. Sprinkle a little bit of Mario dust on every department and let the nerds focus on scheme and personnel, it all evens out. In reality you are inserting someone who doesn’t enjoy or actively participate in the most fundamental principle of Mario’s approach to program building. That isnt a recipe for success, it’s putting reactive ingredients together into a pressure cooker.
How much do steele or gattis participate in recruiting rn? Their names come up the least often of any on field coaches.

If you have clearly defined roles and expectations with everyone on the same page (plus bring in a few of mullen’s guys) it could absolutely work.

Advertisement
Well if you are going that route he did his best work with Alex Smith at Utah. No argument he is an upgrade. My point is he isn't exactly quick to adjust either. Another stubborn coach that didn't see the error in his ways. He had a vastly superior qb sitting on the sidelines with a loaded roster. His impetus on having a qb that can run is a big red flag for me. Granted I'm more of an old school pro style guy.
Jacurri can run like a Gazelle....it'd be a match made in Heaven...alittle work on mechanics...and we'd be all set.

We asking insiders to give us... less info now?

Ron Burgundy What GIF

My expectations is what I’m confident will happen. I haven’t said anything unrealistic. We’ll have a good amount of flips , we’ve already had some since I posted that and more to come. Short term and long. I also said it’ll be a good finish , maybe better than I originally thought. Anybody that knows how I do things knows I’m conservative with my posts. For multiple reasons.

With this week I said two commits was likely. One would be a surprise. I’m half way home. There’s so many guys in play that it could be more but I’m posting what I know , not hearsay. This stuff changes fast.

What’s the number of players we’re looking at for the class, including transfers?

Advertisement
I'd be fine with Herman...better than Toilet water Gattis....just Love how Mullin works with QBs...especially athletic QBs.
Either would be home runs assuming they can mesh with Mario. Herman did great work with Greg Ward/Ehlinger (athletic) and JT Barrett/Cardale Jones (pocket guys). Both herman and mullen have shown they can adapt.

T

Those expectations that we so-called created are 100% undeniable truth....let's revisit your comment/s in the next week....

I'm not doubting you.... but for so many "fans" to be disappointed in hearing we flipped Collins means that some people will take positive prognostications and imagine the best possible scenario--- and complain when they should be ecstatic.

What purpose does it serve to make your encouraging statements? It doesnt help the outcome. It only serves to let people know just how connected you (and others) are.

Advertisement
What he did with Trask was mind blowing for a guy who’s always been a power spread / option type. He spread teams out and throwing the ball all over the lot. Using Pitts / Toney like Hill / Kelce in KC. It looked nothing like his previous offenses.

Exactly, and I said it a lot at that time. Going into the year, ****ting on the gator season outlook as I always do, my trolling included the fact that Trask was a statue and Mullen had no idea how to construct a pure passing offense and something not in the mold of Alex Smith, Tebow, Dak, etc.

And all he did was turn this dude into a ******* Heisman candidate and one of the most prolific passers in the country. I agree with you 100%, that was by far his most impressive coaching job to me. Remember, Kyle Trask couldn't start in HIGH SCHOOL. He ran the 40 yard dash in 5.08 seconds. He played absolutely zero for 3 years in college. And in that 2020 season, he led the entire country in passing TDs. In a guy's system who can't succeed without a running quarterback.

Again, that's the definition of a coach. I don't care who or what my personnel is. I will score points no matter who you give me. That's coaching.

I know you know.

Everyone knows you know.

You are my favorite of all posters.

But getting the mongaloids excited, only means they'll ***** they imagined it would be better.

I'm definitely NOT telling you what YOU should say, but if I knew what you know, I'd say something like...

"Recruiting is very fluid. I've not heard of any commit we're likely to lose, but you never know. On the other hand, Mario is relentless, and some commits elsewhere are listening. All in all, I'm very encouraged but what I've heard so far. Will any top 250 player flip to us? I don't know, but having Mario here has given me real reason to hope, and even hope there's more than one"
Don’t listen to him Cribby. A response like that, while professional and safe, is boring as fack.

Keep doing you and ***** the haters…

Jacurri can run like a Gazelle....it'd be a match made in Heaven...alittle work on mechanics...and we'd be all set.
He fits his style 100%. Just not the type of offense I want. He struck gold with Dak. A qb that could do it all. He hasn't had many that could. Big no for me. I want a pass first qb with ability to run. Not the other way around.

Advertisement
You go to the bathroom for @Cribby too? I think he could say whatever he wants.
of course Cribby can say what he wants. especially because we all know his credibility is beyond, beyond excellent.

I even said, he's my very favorite poster.

I'm just pointing out that it's no fun that a great pickup like Collins is viewed by many on this board as a disappointment.

Advertisement
Either would be home runs assuming they can mesh with Mario. Herman did great work with Greg Ward/Ehlinger (athletic) and JT Barrett/Cardale Jones (pocket guys). Both herman and mullen have shown they can adapt.
And they both worked for Meyer, who I imagine is difficult to work for.

I know you know.

Everyone knows you know.

You are my favorite of all posters.

But getting the mongaloids excited, only means they'll ***** they imagined it would be better.

I'm definitely NOT telling you what YOU should say, but if I knew what you know, I'd say something like...

"Recruiting is very fluid. I've not heard of any commit we're likely to lose, but you never know. On the other hand, Mario is relentless, and some commits elsewhere are listening. All in all, I'm very encouraged but what I've heard so far. Will any top 250 player flip to us? I don't know, but having Mario here has given me real reason to hope, and even hope there's more than one"
I was referring more to the comment about insiders setting the bar too high , something to that extent. I’m pretty conservative with things so i go out of my way to not lead people on.

As for the “ clout” comment I disagree. If I wanted clout I could‘ve done things that would’ve garnered me a lot more attention but passed. I’m just like all these guys here. A guy obsessed with Canes sports that lives and breathes for any info. I just lucked into a friendship years ago that allotted me info and opened doors for me. So I‘m doing what I’d loved somebody else to have done years ago when I didn’t know anything. Give an inside look into the program and share things responsibly. I’ve been given powers that most average fans don’t get lol. I’m not a Golden Cane or some big baller. I’m a nobody that’s just lucky.

Advertisement
Back