Spring Game

Advertisement
I don't disagree with you on the Heat game. There was a post earlier that BY NCAA RULES (which set a certain number of days from the beginning of practice until the end), the Spring Game MUST happen today, or not at all.

The tough part is that the Heat playoff schedule was set much more recently, but will draw more viewership. Completely understand that. I'm just pointing out that the CONFERENCE needs to do a better job of scheduling these games. All of them, not just UM's.

Also, it would have been easier to reschedule the UM spring game to not conflict with the Heat IF THE GAME WAS ON THE WEEKEND. But there is no flexibility with a Friday night slot.

That's all. It's not some big shocker that "all-football-content" has become more and more popular. Nobody would have aired a spring game 20 years ago, now everyone wants to see what is happening. Things change, and it would be helpful to not be stuck in some dead-end argument about how it's just IMPOSSIBLE to find broadcast slots for the spring games.
agreed on that. i wouldnt have put it on a friday to begin with. its miami on a friday night. thats going to be hard even for a reg season game let aloen a spring game in a market that isnt college football crazy like other places. on top of that, you have drive all the way to north broward to watch it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gimme that link

swollenpaws.jpg

This is the ****-y move that you tend to pull. "Do you have any evidence to support that?"

Not for you, I don't. I didn't think ahead enought to reduce my conversations to writing, just to respond to some snotty "do you have evidence to support that" challenge. The funny thing is, you have no idea of my past experience and the friends I have in the sports broadcasting industry. And I also don't make stuff up just to say random things.

The spring games are incredibly well-viewed. But because they only happen once a year, for a couple of hours, no network can sell a whole advertising package for "spring game coverage". But they are certainly not the "loss leader" that you make them out to be.

It's just ridiculous that you and some other porsters think that every business takes every action perfectly-and-without-fail in a way that generates the most money possible. There are all kinds of business factors involved, including the braindead obsession to put content on streaming for a period of time before broadcasting it (check out the number of shows on AMC and FX that are "streaming-only" initially).

You want to believe that the spring games are not televised live because nobody watches them? Hilarious.

It was a simple question and for a poster that always likes to appear that he knows everything, I guess you were just talking out your ***. It wasn't meant to be rude, I was genuinely curious if there were some numbers out there supporting your claims. Not second or third hand information gleened from someone you fellate in a pathetic attempt to call yourself an insider and as such can't view objectionably. Want to be a ****, I'll return it.

We barely get people to games and you're trying to sell the idea thay Spring games are high on peoples must watch list? Mmkay, sure, do carry on though.

It was a simple question and for a poster that always likes to appear that he knows everything, I guess you were just talking out your ***. It wasn't meant to be rude, I was genuinely curious if there were some numbers out there supporting your claims. Not second or third hand information gleened from someone you fellate in a pathetic attempt to call yourself an insider and as such can't view objectionably. Want to be a ****, I'll return it.

We barely get people to games and you're trying to sell the idea thay Spring games are high on peoples must watch list? Mmkay, sure, do carry on though.

What a dip**** response. You realize there are other teams in P5 conferences besides Miami, right?

Good lord...what a low-intelligence porst...

Advertisement
Advertisement
So does Ruiz actually reveal the BIG NEWS today about the stadium as he said would. We shall see! A couple of months ago he tweeted out that he had a major update and the official stadium design. We shall see

So does Ruiz actually reveal the BIG NEWS today about the stadium as he said would. We shall see! A couple of months ago he tweeted out that he had a major update and the official stadium design. We shall see
Nope. Let me find his tweet.

Advertisement
Back