Spring 2017 Track Thread for Miami Recruits

And by the way, find me the actual posts where people actually said the following: "All these guys claiming it's common for a college secondary to boast 4 guys running 11.1-11.5 range". I haven't seen a single post where someone claimed this.

LOL this. No one ever said that. He either got confused along the way as back and forth occurred or created a false argument to argue against in hopes of trying to look like he is right

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's exactly right, he's created a false argument. He sets up this strawman about people claiming something that they never did, just so he can argue against it. He's obsessed.

Lmao. incanefan said it on page 2 and 3. Don't act brand new. Y'all been cheerleading each other all this time and now y'all trying to find a way out. The comment is dumb as he'll. 11.5 is garages and you two dudes are cheerleading that chit. Lmao.

If you guys wanna think that there are a bunch of big time div 1 secondary's with a bunch of guys running 11.5 or whatever then be my guest.

Football and track weight and body types are two completely different things. Some guys just lace them up on the track, are naturally fast, and half *** it. Add in diagnosing the play, apply change of direction speed, and you may be slower in a straight line (on a track), but faster on a football field than the guy you lost that 100 or whatever to.

+1

I'd like to add to this the fact that it is possible for guys to have great burst and acceleration but mediocre too end speed or ability to sustain a rate of speed for x distance. 100 meters is almost 3 times as long as a 40 yard dash. To act like there's a definitive conversion rate from the 100 meter to the 40 yard dash is just ignorant. Not surprising tho

lmao..what the he'll you talking about now? If you can run you can run. What the **** do you think "track shape" is in reference too? You guys are agreeing with me and don't even know it.

11.5 and below isn't as bad as some make it out to be. That's plenty fast for most skill positions, in particular when you consider the fact that these guys play multiple sports. Were they to focus on track specifically, those times would drop as they would be molding their body for track, not both sports. Then there's the fact that some carry the football pads better than others. Additionally, some reach their too end quicker than others and you don't need 100 meters in football, never mind 200.

Lmao and g44 liked this comment

Advertisement
11.5 and below isn't as bad as some make it out to be. That's plenty fast for most skill positions, in particular when you consider the fact that these guys play multiple sports. Were they to focus on track specifically, those times would drop as they would be molding their body for track, not both sports. Then there's the fact that some carry the football pads better than others. Additionally, some reach their too end quicker than others and you don't need 100 meters in football, never mind 200.

11.5 is awful... ideally you want 11.0 or better depending on some things.... really under 11

As a dual sport athlete, in particular when someone is football first, I stand by what I said. It isn't elite, but you would be shocked at how many skill position players are in the 11 to 11.5 range apparently by what you've said. Nobody ever claimed that range is elite, but it's common.

gcane44 liked this comment as well....lmao 11.5? LMAO ok gcanes44. 11.5 LMAO

Lmao. incanefan said it on page 2 and 3. Don't act brand new. Y'all been cheerleading each other all this time and now y'all trying to find a way out. The comment is dumb as he'll. 11.5 is garages and you two dudes are cheerleading that chit. Lmao.

Actually, he didn't.

Actually, he didn't.

Yea he did. He said skilled positions. I guess next you're going to tell me secondary guys aren't a "skilled position". Lmao. 11.5? lmao. And y'all cheerleading this BS comment too. 11.5? lmao

There is no way you were any good at track or football if you think 11.5 is doing something,. Lmao. Say that weird *** comment to some real athletes and see what happens. 11.5?

Lmfao Yall can cheerlead each other all you want on this website just make sure you don't say that silly chit around some real athletes.

Advertisement
The virus is spreading ignorance at an alarming rate

Don't be scared now baby. Stick up for what you believe in. I'll make it a lil easier for you. Show me any div 1 secondary with 11.5 guys running around in the secondary **** wr positions too.

You cheerleaded that BS now put on the uniform and back it up.

Don't be scared now baby. Stick up for what you believe in. I'll make it a lil easier for you. Show me any div 1 secondary with 11.5 guys running around in the secondary **** wr positions too.

Strawman.

Not interested.

I just came to add 2 cents in pointing out some of your absurd claims and the clear leaps of logic taken in everything you type. I don't have the time or interest to be dragged to the level of the lowest common denominator.

Lok at this guy. Rapid fire posting his absurd bullshīt.

Like I said before, he's an obsessed fūcktard that is under the delusion he knows something about track and football.

Here come another 6 or 7 posts from him.

Advertisement

Strawman.

Not interested.

I just came to add 2 cents in pointing out some of your absurd claims and the clear leaps of logic taken in everything you type. I don't have the time or interest to be dragged to the level of the lowest common denominator.

Wrong. You can't devote anytime to supporting you're outrageous 11.5 claim. You realize how silly it is. You had the uniform/wig on ready to rock but when it came time to perform you realized you couldn't do the routine.

I love to see these track times, but these recruits will still develop in varying directions within the next 3-4 years - just like they did in high school. Marshon Lattimore never ran under a 11.8 100m in high school but just ran a 4.36 at the nfl combine. He is an outlier but, to state the obvious, most of these players need to enter a proper S&C program to reach their athletic peak.

Didn't you say just last week that someone can't run a 4.7 in highschool and then run a 4.3 in college?

I don't think Richards went from a 4.7 to a 4.3 in one year. Also, lattimore still ran a 4.48 at a high school combine

Like I said before, he's an obsessed fūcktard that is under the delusion he knows something about track and football.

11.5 more post to be exact. Lmao..you act like you're apart of some message board gang child please. 11.5 is garbage. That's why you couldn't find anything to back up that silly comment. Spent all that money on a cheerleading outfit and bra for what? To sit at home and type "
****tard" on your computer like a real G? lmao

Advertisement
You're completely missing INCaneFan's point that not all skill position players run track, and of those that do, many are more focused on football and not training seriously for track. That's why you can see someone with like Marshon Lattimore run a 4.48 40 at a high school combine, but have a PR 100 listed on milesplit of 11.6.

I went ahead and looked up the cornerbacks and safetys on Clemson's reported depth chart for the national championship game
CB
Ryan Carter - couldn't find track times but 247 profile listed a 4.59 40, not sure if that was electronically timed
Cordrea Tankersley - 10.88 (just ran 4.40 at combine)
Marcus Edmond - couldn't find 100 time, but 200 was 22.33, would guess that would put him right around 11 (milesplit lists US second team standards of 10.8 in the 100 and 22.0 in the 200, so estimating a 100 time just outside of that standard would seem to make sense for a 200 time just outside the same standard. However his 400 time was elite (47.87), so you could make the argument that he's more long speed)
Mark Fields - 10.82
Trayvon Mullen - 10.98

S
Jadar Johnson - 11.84 (just ran 4.6 at combine)
Van Smith - unable to find track times
Denzel Johnson - 11.14
K'von Wallace - 11.31

Only 3 of the 9 players on the national champion's depth chart ran under 11 seconds (Mullen barely doing so), one (Edmond) you could roughly estimate to be right around 11, and 2 may not have run track.

10.6 is the national 1st team standard and 10.8 the 2nd team, so none of Clemson's DBs would have been considered elite in the 100, even 4.40 Tankersley.

11.5 more post to be exact. Lmao..you act like you're apart of some message board gang child please. 11.5 is garbage. That's why you couldn't find anything to back up that silly comment. Spent all that money on a cheerleading outfit and bra for what? To sit at home and type "
****tard" on your computer like a real G? lmao

Nice thought talk on your keyboard.

I'll bet you're a real scary badass.

You're the special needs track tard on this site. Congrats.

Remember how this whole thing started, idiot. You taking a shīt on an 11.1 for Bandy. That's what this is all about. That, and the fact that your idiocy has been totally exposed by people that know what they're talking about. And also the fact that Bandy's already run a laser timed 4.5 40. There goes your fūcktard theory about bandy being too slow to be in the defensive backfield.

I'm not missing anything. I'm well aware there are guys like lovon ponder who don't run track. Lovon ponder sucked and if you had a secondary full of guys like lovon ponder you're secondary would be complete trash.

People keep using Lattimore for some reason. First off what's his injury history? How many times did he run the 100? Was he lazy? I'm telling y'all... if you have a guy on your team who runs a 4.4 40 but you can't get him under 11.1 then you either suck as coach, the guy is injured, out of shape etc.

As far as your Clemson research goes... they have 6 guys 11.1 or 5 guys 11.0 better. Far from the 11.1-11.5 range incanefan was talking about and again, you have those same question with those guys... Injury history, how many races, timing of year, workout etc. The vast majority of Clemson secondary can run.

Advertisement
Back