Spring 2017 Track Thread for Miami Recruits

Bandy at the Nike Nationals this past summer 2016 ran a laser 4.51--40 much faster than the American Heritage Nike of 4.68 some 5 months earlier. The Nike Nationals is a week long and the coaches there had time to work with the players on the 40, start, lean, arm use and finish unlike the other earlier combine were you more-or-less show up and run due to time constraints.

Advertisement
Kids like Abdullah is what the U was built on. Underrated , freak athlete. Bring him to me and redshirt.

He's not a freak athlete though. Speedy guy, playing out of position in high school, and may grow into LB'er. Corner, WR, or safety with good speed right now.

Have you watched his junior tape?

He looks explosive and strong playing DL at 190 lbs. You're right he's really not a freak athlete now, but he looks like a kid that can put on 25-30 lbs and still keep the explosion and speed. That speed at 225 lbs would make a freak safety or olb IMO.

Ni, I haven't watched a full game or full games. Highlights are great and all, but they don't tell anywhere close to the entire story. I don't care how he looks at DE, there's no way he's ever one in college.

I don't think he's a DE in college either. But from his highlights you can definitely tell he's got the ability to be a big time athlete.

View attachment 43578

Haha it's like the kid reads this board

I first saw his play for Cypress Lakes over in Ft. Myers as a freshman and he was a safety then.

You're opinion is well respected on CiS. What do you think of him as an athlete, and then as a CFB player?

Thanks for the compliment but there are others on here with good insight. Abdullah has great speed even for his "light" weight as a LB. I saw him play in Ft. Myers as he looked a little stiff at the DB position even at safety. He was really great at attacking down hill with that explosion and speed and he really put hits on RBs and QBs.

That said he was a little slow in turning and running even though at that time he was in the lower 11s at 11m. As one posted stated on here he has great speed but athletic ability is good but not great like Linegrad, etc. who are in a class of their own.

If he can get to about 200-205 as an OLB by the time he leaves Carol City the bulk can be added though a good college S&C Program. At combine was 6-1/188 so 15-20 lbs over that period of time is not out of the realm at all. Will never be huge in college in all probability but a 220 pounder with that kind of speed would be something.

Remember his 10.75-100m so far this year compares with Henderson's 10.77, Linegrad's 10.70, Harley's 10.78 so this guy can fly.

If he does not make it as a starter that kind of speed, size, and physicality is really needed as a "gunner" on kick offs and punt coverages.

MR and staff will be able to really utilize his abilities should they get him.

Just my opinion on him

Last edited:
Abdullah....with that kind of speed combined with everyone saying size is an issue, why isn't he talked about as a safety? I haven't seen his highlights, but ****....he can run. What makes him a LB'er is he is light for the position?

weighed in about 2 weeks back at about 6'1 185pds. Mostly plays rush end....thats real light..considerin were bringing in a few dbs bigger than him in the class.
So he has the height. Don't you think he can add 20 pounds in our S&C program? 6'1 is good height for a LB the question is can he add the muscles. Jermaine Grace was the same height I believe but he added more weight in his senior year. Abudllah is a playmaker regardless.

By the way, Sean Spense in his senior year was 6'0 190. Here is his ESPN profile Sean Spence - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Spence played LB his whole HS career if I'm not mistaken.

even played it at the optomist level.

Advertisement
For perspective Shakima Wimbley just ran a 51.07 to win the National Championship today.

Men's world record around 43.

The 400 is pretty much irrelevant in terms of relating it to football speed. It's such a different race, a modulated sprint. Yes you have to be fast to run good times in the 400, but you can run average 400 times, like Harley, and still be fast in the 100 and 200. Some fast sprinters are just not cut out for 400

Agree with this. I don't give a **** if Harley's 49.85 400m time is considered elite or not. What I do know is that Harley has more than enough speed to stretch a defense and blow the top off a secondary.

Bandy at the Nike Nationals this past summer 2016 ran a laser 4.51--40 much faster than the American Heritage Nike of 4.68 some 5 months earlier. The Nike Nationals is a week long and the coaches there had time to work with the players on the 40, start, lean, arm use and finish unlike the other earlier combine were you more-or-less show up and run due to time constraints.

That's impressive to me. A laser time 4.51 40 is fast. We are starting to inject some legit speed into our secondary. Bandy, Young, Delaney and Dean can flat out run. Once the 2018 kids arrive we will improve our speed at the safety position as well. Guys, this is starting to get fun again! Been too long.

That's impressive to me. A laser time 4.51 40 is fast. We are starting to inject some legit speed into our secondary. Bandy, Young, Delaney and Dean can flat out run. Once the 2018 kids arrive we will improve our speed at the safety position as well. Guys, this is starting to get fun again! Been too long.

Here are his Oregon National Nike results---July 8-13 2016---4.51--40
Football Recruiting - Trajan Bandy - Player Profiles - ESPN

View attachment 43578

Haha it's like the kid reads this board

I first saw his play for Cypress Lakes over in Ft. Myers as a freshman and he was a safety then.

You're opinion is well respected on CiS. What do you think of him as an athlete, and then as a CFB player?

Thanks for the compliment but there are others on here with good insight. Abdullah has great speed even for his "light" weight as a LB. I saw him play in Ft. Myers as he looked a little stiff at the DB position even at safety. He was really great at attacking down hill with that explosion and speed and he really put hits on RBs and QBs.

That said he was a little slow in turning and running even though at that time he was in the lower 11s at 11m. As one posted stated on here he has great speed but athletic ability is good but not great like Linegrad, etc. who are in a class of their own.

If he can get to about 200-205 as an OLB by the time he leaves Carol City the bulk can be added though a good college S&C Program. At combine was 6-1/188 so 15-20 lbs over that period of time is not out of the realm at all. Will never be huge in college in all probability but a 220 pounder with that kind of speed would be something.

Remember his 10.75-100m so far this year compares with Henderson's 10.77, Linegrad's 10.70, Harley's 10.78 so this guy can fly.

If he does not make it as a starter that kind of speed, size, and physicality is really needed as a "gunner" on kick offs and punt coverages.

MR and staff will be able to really utilize his abilities should they get him.

Just my opinion on him

Always appreciate the opinion of someone who has seen he kid live. Like INCaneFan said highlights can be deceiving sometimes

Hopefully Carol City gives him some time at OLB this year, I really like his athleticism if he can learn the position.

Advertisement

Here are his Oregon National Nike results---July 8-13 2016---4.51--40
Football Recruiting - Trajan Bandy - Player Profiles - ESPN
With very good short area speed/burst, those are good numbers. Wish he were an EE.

These are the physically underdeveloped kids Butch David destroyed people with. Abdullah the Butcher is freakishly fast for a potential LB. I don't need my LBs to all be 240 pounds unless they can really run at 240. Miami wasn't built on 240 pound HS LBs.

I'd love to see how Abdullah's short area quickness numbers compare. I don't know a ton about him as a player, but Rick and Diaz are always preaching about speed and old school UM football. Abdullah clearly has unconscionable speed for a LB. Is he quick? Does he have good football instincts? Is he violent in his approach? These are all big factors too.

This. Not understanding all this talk about him being 185lbs like this is James King we are talking about here. And someone brought up the Weaver twins? From what I can see this kid is on a whole different level athletically. AND he is only a Junior!

I said this before, we took Wilder (who at one point in his recruitment as a Jr was the #1 defensive player on most peoples boards on CIS) and he was only 195lbs. But we dont take this kid who has room to get bigger and is a better athlete AND Pete said was the best player on defense for CCHS last year?

For perspective Shakima Wimbley just ran a 51.07 to win the National Championship today.

Men's world record around 43.

The 400 is pretty much irrelevant in terms of relating it to football speed. It's such a different race, a modulated sprint. Yes you have to be fast to run good times in the 400, but you can run average 400 times, like Harley, and still be fast in the 100 and 200. Some fast sprinters are just not cut out for 400

Agree with this. I don't give a **** if Harley's 49.85 400m time is considered elite or not. What I do know is that Harley has more than enough speed to stretch a defense and blow the top off a secondary.

400 speed isn't as irrelevant as you're making it out to be. A good 400 is a good indicator of strength, endurance and long speed. A lot of good/great football players were also excellent quarter milest. Bennie Blades comes to mind.

Advertisement
Only someone that knows nothing about track or football makes the arguments [MENTION=10805]PAR[/MENTION] makes.

He's like a chick that only has surface basic knowledge. Breaking down a 4x100 like he did proves he knows nothing about how a relay works.

I'm still waiting for you to show me a secondary full of 11.1

Bandy Hasn't played a down yet so you don't know **** about him getting the job done and you still haven't showed me a secondary full of 11.5 guys "getting the job done" whatever that ***** means. And I could careless if other posters don't get or understand a concept it's nothing new... these Same guys crowned Golden. Silly people can do a lot of damage in large groups look at the ****'s.

I appreciate all the info. But A football player will never run 100 m except maybe on a kick off. Shoot, You rarely run 40 yards especially in a straight line. It shows athleticism, but a football player plays football.

There's a reason why teams like to use indicators to show a players speed rather it be the 40, 100m 200m etc., The best players have an element of speed to go along with their football intellect and if you don't have enough of it you aren't going to worthy anything. The best player have all the elements it takes to be a good football player, football IQ, awareness physical ability etc.

Advertisement
Ed reed, Rump and Rolle were all 4.5 guys in the 40. I've never seen a guy who can run a 4.5 40 not be able to run faster than 11.1 in 100m. The only reason why a guy couldn't is because of laziness or being out of shape.

The consensus is he is football player who loves the game, loves to hit, played multiple positions over the years and with elite speed to boot. Sounds no brainer to me.

Ed reed, Rump and Rolle were all 4.5 guys in the 40. I've never seen a guy who can run a 4.5 40 not be able to run faster than 11.1 in 100m. The only reason why a guy couldn't is because of laziness or being out of shape.

So how many verified 4.5 guys do you know their verified 100 times? You say all that info like you have verified info. It seems you are just talking.

So how many verified 4.5 guys do you know their verified 100 times? You say all that info like you have verified info. It seems you are just talking.

I'm talking from experience. All these guys claiming it's common for a college secondary to boast 4 guys running 11.1-11.5 range are the ones who are talking. You might see some BS like that at smaller schools but not big time div 1 football. If you're an 11.5 guy you just aren't going to have the speed to run with most any div 1 wr. I'm talking championship level football.

People keep bringing up rumph but he was a 4.4 guy who also long jumped so he had some lively legs. Same with reed. Pretty sure he jumped over 24 Ft in the long jump and triple jumped in the high 40's...you need lively or explosive legs to do that. Couple that with his 4.51 40 yea I'm pretty confident he's running better than 11.1 in the 100.

Advertisement
Back