Spring 2017 Track Thread for Miami Recruits

Ed reed, Rump and Rolle were all 4.5 guys in the 40. I've never seen a guy who can run a 4.5 40 not be able to run faster than 11.1 in 100m. The only reason why a guy couldn't is because of laziness or being out of shape.

So how many verified 4.5 guys do you know their verified 100 times? You say all that info like you have verified info. It seems you are just talking.

I'm talking from experience. All these guys claiming it's common for a college secondary to boast 4 guys running 11.1-11.5 range are the ones who are talking. You might see some BS like that at smaller schools but not big time div 1 football. If you're an 11.5 guy you just aren't going to have the speed to run with most any div 1 wr. I'm talking championship level football.

People keep bringing up rumph but he was a 4.4 guy who also long jumped so he had some lively legs. Same with reed. Pretty sure he jumped over 24 Ft in the long jump and triple jumped in the high 40's...you need lively or explosive legs to do that. Couple that with his 4.51 40 yea I'm pretty confident he's running better than 11.1 in the 100.

DukeJuke9 are you trying to bring this stuff over from the InsidetheU site? Sounds just like your know-it-all personality/responses that is over there as I am over there.

Advertisement
If you guys wanna think that there are a bunch of big time div 1 secondary's with a bunch of guys running 11.5 or whatever then be my guest.

I had Sean Spence in the Scout Combine at the same age and he measured 5'10.5" & 181 lbs. and ran a 4.78 40. When we went to 7 on 7 and individuals not one person mentioned his size and speed. I've seen this kid, he's perfect for Diaz defense.

Advertisement
Bandy at the Nike Nationals this past summer 2016 ran a laser 4.51--40 much faster than the American Heritage Nike of 4.68 some 5 months earlier. The Nike Nationals is a week long and the coaches there had time to work with the players on the 40, start, lean, arm use and finish unlike the other earlier combine were you more-or-less show up and run due to time constraints.

That's impressive to me. A laser time 4.51 40 is fast. We are starting to inject some legit speed into our secondary. Bandy, Young, Delaney and Dean can flat out run. Once the 2018 kids arrive we will improve our speed at the safety position as well. Guys, this is starting to get fun again! Been too long.

Here are his Oregon National Nike results---July 8-13 2016---4.51--40
Football Recruiting - Trajan Bandy - Player Profiles - ESPN
With very good short area speed/burst, those are good numbers. Wish he were an EE.

4.5 and is still in high school. Barring injury, could be a 4.4 guy. Corn Elder is slower and will be getting a paycheck on Sundays.

Bandy's more than fast enough already.

Ed reed, Rump and Rolle were all 4.5 guys in the 40. I've never seen a guy who can run a 4.5 40 not be able to run faster than 11.1 in 100m. The only reason why a guy couldn't is because of laziness or being out of shape.

So which is it? He hasn't topped the 11 second mark, but ran a 4.51 at the Oregon Mike event. Is he just lazy, clearly he isn't out of shape, or are you just talking out your rear to prove a point many appear to disagree with.

Now you can't say I've never....so what's next?

If you guys wanna think that there are a bunch of big time div 1 secondary's with a bunch of guys running 11.5 or whatever then be my guest.

Football and track weight and body types are two completely different things. Some guys just lace them up on the track, are naturally fast, and half *** it. Add in diagnosing the play, apply change of direction speed, and you may be slower in a straight line (on a track), but faster on a football field than the guy you lost that 100 or whatever to.

Advertisement

Football and track weight and body types are two completely different things. Some guys just lace them up on the track, are naturally fast, and half *** it. Add in diagnosing the play, apply change of direction speed, and you may be slower in a straight line (on a track), but faster on a football field than the guy you lost that 100 or whatever to.

Lmao. You tryin to hard

Only someone that knows nothing about track or football makes the arguments [MENTION=10805]PAR[/MENTION] makes.

He's like a chick that only has surface basic knowledge. Breaking down a 4x100 like he did proves he knows nothing about how a relay works.

I'm still waiting for you to show me a secondary full of 11.1

Bandy Hasn't played a down yet so you don't know **** about him getting the job done and you still haven't showed me a secondary full of 11.5 guys "getting the job done" whatever that ***** means. And I could careless if other posters don't get or understand a concept it's nothing new... these Same guys crowned Golden. Silly people can do a lot of damage in large groups look at the ****'s.

Well that post certainly went in a weird direction

Bandy at the Nike Nationals this past summer 2016 ran a laser 4.51--40 much faster than the American Heritage Nike of 4.68 some 5 months earlier. The Nike Nationals is a week long and the coaches there had time to work with the players on the 40, start, lean, arm use and finish unlike the other earlier combine were you more-or-less show up and run due to time constraints.

That's impressive to me. A laser time 4.51 40 is fast. We are starting to inject some legit speed into our secondary. Bandy, Young, Delaney and Dean can flat out run. Once the 2018 kids arrive we will improve our speed at the safety position as well. Guys, this is starting to get fun again! Been too long.

Here are his Oregon National Nike results---July 8-13 2016---4.51--40

Some write ups from NFL combine last week.
Fournette, a former LSU running back, ran a 4.51 on his first attempt Friday. That was just 0.01 of a second behind the time for Florida State’s Dalvin Cook (4.50). It was also a better time than Tennessee’s Alvin Kamara (4.53), and just 0.02 of a second off Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey (4.49). All times were unofficial.

Florida State running back Dalvin Cook ran a 4.49, shy of Stanford prospect Christian McCaffrey’s 4.48 and slightly better than LSU product Leonard Fournette’s 4.51 during Friday’s session of the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis.

Cook, who is widely considered a first-round pick for the draft, ran a 4.50 unofficial time in both of his attempts, which came after relatively underwhelming measurements in the vertical leap (30.5”) and broad jump (9’8”).

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love to see these track times, but these recruits will still develop in varying directions within the next 3-4 years - just like they did in high school. Marshon Lattimore never ran under a 11.8 100m in high school but just ran a 4.36 at the nfl combine. He is an outlier but, to state the obvious, most of these players need to enter a proper S&C program to reach their athletic peak.

100 meters is very hard to sustain full speed the whole sprint or at least 80% of it. Where as the 40 yard dash is geared more towards quickness, which is why the focus on the 10 and 20 yard splits lately. 11.02 won't win you any 100m or 4x1 relay state championships but in football if you ever running a 100 meter sprint, it better be out the back of the end zone headed to the locker room lol!!! We tried putting one of the fastest guys in the state of texas on my college team at kick returner/WR one year and that was a disaster. His name was Mike Martin, maybe some of you heard of him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love to see these track times, but these recruits will still develop in varying directions within the next 3-4 years - just like they did in high school. Marshon Lattimore never ran under a 11.8 100m in high school but just ran a 4.36 at the nfl combine. He is an outlier but, to state the obvious, most of these players need to enter a proper S&C program to reach their athletic peak.

Didn't you say just last week that someone can't run a 4.7 in highschool and then run a 4.3 in college?

+1

I'd like to add to this the fact that it is possible for guys to have great burst and acceleration but mediocre too end speed or ability to sustain a rate of speed for x distance. 100 meters is almost 3 times as long as a 40 yard dash. To act like there's a definitive conversion rate from the 100 meter to the 40 yard dash is just ignorant. Not surprising tho

So how many verified 4.5 guys do you know their verified 100 times? You say all that info like you have verified info. It seems you are just talking.

I'm talking from experience. All these guys claiming it's common for a college secondary to boast 4 guys running 11.1-11.5 range are the ones who are talking. You might see some BS like that at smaller schools but not big time div 1 football. If you're an 11.5 guy you just aren't going to have the speed to run with most any div 1 wr. I'm talking championship level football.

People keep bringing up rumph but he was a 4.4 guy who also long jumped so he had some lively legs. Same with reed. Pretty sure he jumped over 24 Ft in the long jump and triple jumped in the high 40's...you need lively or explosive legs to do that. Couple that with his 4.51 40 yea I'm pretty confident he's running better than 11.1 in the 100.

You're like a special needs tard that keeps obsessing on the same thing, over and over again.

What the fūck is wrong with you?

You've already proven you have no clue about the relationship between track and football.

And by the way, find me the actual posts where people actually said the following: "All these guys claiming it's common for a college secondary to boast 4 guys running 11.1-11.5 range". I haven't seen a single post where someone claimed this.

Advertisement
Back