Spring 2017 Track Thread for Miami Recruits

Advertisement
Jon Vilma was also 6'1", 190 as a senior Lb at the Gables.

Running a 4.9 at best. All this to say Vilma was developed. This kid can too. No one is asking this kid to play a year or maybe 2 so he can pack on good weight onto his frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. Kid also can strike and plays the position. I'm a speed ***** and just don't see a big need for the big 6'2" 240+ LB'ers in the spread set era. If a kid has the prototype size fine, but if he can run a 10.75 100m then I don't give a ***** about a jet sweep. We got guys who can run that **** down. Kid can easily be 220lbs and that's good enough weight for a will.

I dont get why people are still surprised by Abdullahs speed. He's 185 pounds

No kidding. I expected maybe 205 to 210 at least weight wise. As I previously said, he's the size of a corner or receiver. He would still be a fast guy at either position, but he's a loooong way from what a linebacker at that size.

He can shave 4 seconds off of his time & still not be close to winning states in the 400m. LOL

Lol im guessing that was an exaggeration

No sir, Tyrese Cooper runs 45.2

That is world class for a kid still in high school. He would've made the semi-finals of the Olympics with that time. He also would have finished ahead of our third competitor there.

Its crazy he's run a time like that. Future star for sure.

Advertisement
He can shave 4 seconds off of his time & still not be close to winning states in the 400m. LOL

Lol im guessing that was an exaggeration

No sir, Tyrese Cooper runs 45.2

That is world class for a kid still in high school. He would've made the semi-finals of the Olympics with that time. He also would have finished ahead of our third competitor there.

Its crazy he's run a time like that. Future star for sure.

Schwartz from American heritage beat him in the 100m yesterday and it wasn't close

So you expect LB's this size to be that fast? Sean Spence was almost same size in his senior year (Abdullah has one more season to add more weight) but Sean didn't run track like that.

Abdullah....with that kind of speed combined with everyone saying size is an issue, why isn't he talked about as a safety? I haven't seen his highlights, but ****....he can run. What makes him a LB'er is he is light for the position?

weighed in about 2 weeks back at about 6'1 185pds. Mostly plays rush end....thats real light..considerin were bringing in a few dbs bigger than him in the class.
So he has the height. Don't you think he can add 20 pounds in our S&C program? 6'1 is good height for a LB the question is can he add the muscles. Jermaine Grace was the same height I believe but he added more weight in his senior year. Abudllah is a playmaker regardless.

By the way, Sean Spense in his senior year was 6'0 190. Here is his ESPN profile Sean Spence - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Spence played LB his whole HS career if I'm not mistaken.
He didn't need to be big to do this

Unknown.webp

Some people on here are Dumb as ****...........You shouldn't be talking **** about OUR RECRUITS........AND IF YOUR IGNORANT TO TALK ****....KNOW WHAT THE **** YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Only someone that knows nothing about track or football makes the arguments [MENTION=10805]PAR[/MENTION] makes.

He's like a chick that only has surface basic knowledge. Breaking down a 4x100 like he did proves he knows nothing about how a relay works.

I'm still waiting for you to show me a secondary full of 11.1-11.5 guys that actually won a championship in div. Col. Football.

You aren't funny so you might as well give that up.

WTF are you talking about you little *****? Since when did I get into a ****ing contest with a fūcktard like you. I tell you how it is and you shut your bītch mouth up.

I think the issue was that you showed your ignorance talking about track 100 times, and I shut your dumbass down saying that w/e 100 track time Bandy had (I think it was around 11.1 or 2) it didn't matter, he was fast enough to get the job done.

Then you got your dumbass smacked down by a bunch of other posters for your ignorance, including talking stupid shīt about a 4x1.

Take your L like a man and STFU

Last edited:
randolf...what facts are you talking about? If you can run a 4.5 40 you can run a 100 faster than 11.1. but like I said earlier... if your top speed is 11.1 and you have a secondary full of 11.5-11.1 guys your secondary will suck. Can you show me different?

And don't try to add in the fact that I don't think we have good players cause we do. That's a BS remark on your part.

Hold on, we're gonna go research the individual 100m high school times of every DB on every successful NCAA backfield ever.....

You're either a troll or a tard...

I appreciate all the info. But A football player will never run 100 m except maybe on a kick off. Shoot, You rarely run 40 yards especially in a straight line. It shows athleticism, but a football player plays football.

Advertisement
Only someone that knows nothing about track or football makes the arguments [MENTION=10805]PAR[/MENTION] makes.

He's like a chick that only has surface basic knowledge. Breaking down a 4x100 like he did proves he knows nothing about how a relay works.

I'm still waiting for you to show me a secondary full of 11.1-11.5 guys that actually won a championship in div. Col. Football.

You aren't funny so you might as well give that up.

Mike Rumph, Ed Reed, and Antrel Rolle all likely ran no better than 11 seconds in the 100 in high school. They were pretty alright I would say, but what do I or anyone know.

Nobody is saying that's an elite number, but its far more than acceptable at the high school level for a good prospect.

So you expect LB's this size to be that fast? Sean Spence was almost same size in his senior year (Abdullah has one more season to add more weight) but Sean didn't run track like that.
Thats not what I said. The point is he's not built like an LB, he's built like a safety. As someone already pointed out we signed DBs his size or bigger last year. So him being fast considering his actual size, not his position, isnt surprising

Advertisement

Sean Spence entered Miami at about 200lbs.

You could be right, but his ESPN recruiting profile in his senior year shows 6.0' 190.
Sean Spence - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Jon Vilma was also 6'1", 190 as a senior Lb at the Gables.

Running a 4.9 at best. All this to say Vilma was developed. This kid can too. No one is asking this kid to play a year or maybe 2 so he can pack on good weight onto his frame.

Good point. Kid also can strike and plays the position. I'm a speed ***** and just don't see a big need for the big 6'2" 240+ LB'ers in the spread set era. If a kid has the prototype size fine, but if he can run a 10.75 100m then I don't give a ***** about a jet sweep. We got guys who can run that **** down. Kid can easily be 220lbs and that's good enough weight for a will.

Completely agree. Additionally Diaz has already said on numerous occasions that he knows his defense wouldn't be as big at UM because he's preaching speed and setting the edge. Bring this kid with Reese and Rosendo and shut down shoppe.

That's a decent time...but in no way is 49.5 a national elite time...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It would be best to research it and find out like I did that 49.50 is the national elite standard for 400m in high school. Do not be one of the modern day people that is a legend in their own mind--We had enough of those crackpots come out in the last election on both sides. A few clicks of the computer key and it is there.

Standards

Now let's not get offended just because I don't agree with you "elite" standard. Your link says "Standard." Nothing about national elite standards. You use elite like it's going out of style. Everything that's good to you is elite. I'm not saying a 49.5 is slow, but it is not elite. Let's not try to be the expert about something you probably have no real first hand knowledge or experience in. I did run the 400 in high school, high 49's low 50's. Those times didn't get me, or any one else any where near the podium. A 49.5 in majority of track meets or state meets with good competition won't even get you in the top 5, or 5th maybe.

elite are the guys running 47's and below in my opinion. But it's just that...my opinion. A standard is just that, the standard. To be elite you don't achieve the standard, you go way above that. Here's what elite looks like...and it's no where near the standard.

High School - Men's 400 Meters Rankings

People are talking like Spence is the norm, which he isn't or wasn't.

Edit: I should say I'm not against signing this kid. I love speed, he may grow into a linebacker or you put him at safety.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back