Spring 2017 Track Thread for Miami Recruits

The first thing I noticed wasn't his speed, it was how much more massive he was than the other runners. I agree he takes a fraction of a second longer to get going, but so does the greatest sprinter in history, Bolt. It's because of the inertia of that body mass. I'll bet if they used that new machine that measures force that was in the IMG story on Faleele, Lingrard would be off the charts for a HS RB.

I agree he doesn't need more muscle, don't want to go the James Wilder route. Hot Yoga all the way for this boy. The Gurley and Walker comparisons are legit, IMO. Is he truly 6'1" like those two? He looks it in the track vids. ... I'd like to know how much he weighs now. Boy looks stacked.

p.s., Twees, Miller as in Lamar Miller? I knew he was fast, but had no idea he was that fast. I think Lingard, while still a smudge stiff, has more lateral movement and burst, which is why I like the Gurley comparison over the Miller comparison. But that's trying to gauge high class diamonds at this point.
I agree but I think a better comparison then Wilder would be Mike James. Wilder just wasn't a RB at all. No vision, instincts, footwork, etc....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Mike James? Great person, but not very good prospect. James should of played FB
All I'm saying is Mike James is a better example for Lingard's floor. His ceiling is AP.

BUT....Mike James was a better RB prospect than you give him credit for.
https://youtu.be/FDMCRuvpXkY

You must be one of these new school canes fan. James was not highly touted. He was a Randy special. Lingard shows zero comparisons to MJ. James was dirt slow and near as athletic as Lingard. This kid is an elite talent.

I never said James was highly touted. But the way you are shyting on him makes him seem like a JAG or Gus Edwards. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but he scored some crucial touchdowns to win us games while he was here..

Also I'm going to try this one more time. If Mike James is Lingard's floor, that simply means IF he busts, he will probably have a career similar to Mike James. Nothing more, nothing less...

And what does being a "new school caned fan" have to do with anything I said?
Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bill Wilson Invitational 3/11/17

100m... Trajan Bandy... 12 ...Christopher Columbus HS.... 11.25.... -2.8 mps (into a strong headwind)

Using the USTAFF formula this equates with 11.02 with no wind.

Last edited:
Won't be considered elite until he runs an 11.0 or better. Perhaps then he can run on his schools 4x100 squad.

9th Annual Miramar Invitational--3/11/17

Preliminaries---100m (national elite for high school 10.80)

1… Abdullah, Yasir … Miami Carol City … 10.89q
2… Davis, Camron … Miami Carol City … 10.94q (was unable to run in the finals apparently injury, etc)

Finals---100m

1… Abdullah, Yasir … Miami Carol City …. 10.75

Advertisement
Track speed LB? Opposing teams RB's.......here I come! He needs to be at Miami. Period. I don't care if he is not big. He is very fast, violent, and plays at CC. What else do you need?

9th Annual Miramar Invitational--

Harley runs the 400m for first time and wins easily----nearly makes national elite mark of 49.50 with no competition

1 ... Harley, Michael ... ST Thomas Aq .... 49.85
2... Simeon, Tyree ..... Northeast ........... 50.14
3 ... Hunter, Vincent ... Coconut Creek..... 50.77

I remember some on here were talking about Camaron Davis not being fast a little earlier in the track season. In those meets he was running against a strong head wind both times. Posted a 10.94 here in good conditions and will probably break that 10.80 national elite mark this year and next year for sure.

Advertisement
9th Annual Miramar Invitational--

Harley runs the 400m for first time and wins easily----nearly makes national elite mark of 49.50 with no competition

1 ... Harley, Michael ... ST Thomas Aq .... 49.85
2... Simeon, Tyree ..... Northeast ........... 50.14
3 ... Hunter, Vincent ... Coconut Creek..... 50.77

Kid is more known for 40m and 100m speed with his 100m under national elite but he can run all sprints up to 400m with speed.

He can shave 4 seconds off of his time & still not be close to winning states in the 400m. LOL

Advertisement
Abdullah....with that kind of speed combined with everyone saying size is an issue, why isn't he talked about as a safety? I haven't seen his highlights, but ****....he can run. What makes him a LB'er is he is light for the position?

Advertisement
That's a decent time...but in no way is 49.5 a national elite time...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's a decent time...but in no way is 49.5 a national elite time...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It would be best to research it and find out like I did that 49.50 is the national elite standard for 400m in high school. Do not be one of the modern day people that is a legend in their own mind--We had enough of those crackpots come out in the last election on both sides. A few clicks of the computer key and it is there.

Standards

Advertisement
Back