Spring 2017 Track Thread for Miami Recruits

Advertisement
Can track guys give me a frame of reference? E.g. At what 100m time do you start getting things like power five conference track scholarships if you ARENT a football player?

It's hard to earn a full ride track scholarship. Even with those times he'd Polly be looking at a partial. Anthony Swartz could earn a full ride track scholarship. Most of it depends on the program and the coach. Could start off with a partial and end up with a full depending on how he progresses.

Yep.

And to further this point; The fastest kid in 60m in the NCAA and a 2016 Olympian is from the state of Georgia. He was also a multiple time state winner and state record holder in Georgia. UGA couldn't find a spot for him. But Tennessee did.

Can track guys give me a frame of reference? E.g. At what 100m time do you start getting things like power five conference track scholarships if you ARENT a football player?

It's hard to earn a full ride track scholarship. Even with those times he'd Polly be looking at a partial. Anthony Swartz could earn a full ride track scholarship. Most of it depends on the program and the coach. Could start off with a partial and end up with a full depending on how he progresses.

Advertisement
[TWEET]840377278194425857[/TWEET] oh my god.... video of lingard in the 100m

Notice where he is at 40M? He's fast as fvck on the top end, it's his start that keeps his 40 time from being amazing. This is not to bash the kid at all, just telling the folks that want to complain about his 40 that's not the only thing. If the D doesn't stop him in the first few yds of a run he's gone.

I noticed that too. He won't get ran down.

Advertisement
But, we actually had ****in trolls on here that compared this kid to James Wilder Jr in his original commitment thread smh...

And even two long time board vets that were "not impressed with his tape" & didn't think he was a legit 5-star smh

I know they were just trolling, but it's still astonishing that we landed literally one of the 3 best RB's in the NATION & we still had people nitpicking Lol.

Wow have to admit I'm shocked by that time..That 10.7 is very impressive.... but the way he runs and the way he starts is exactly why he looked kind of skeptical to some of us vets in his film. Kind of scary because his bursts probably cost him 0.3 seconds off his time...
Lol... I wasn't really going at you family, you good in my book... We'll always jab at each other, but I got nothing but respect for you.

It was more so for that Harrycary kid & Rok who was trying equate him with other 5-star RB's that turned out to be busts.

Last edited:
Miller 10.56

Devin Hester 10.87

Sam Shields 10.82

Adrian Peterson 10.61

Jeff Demps 10.37

Advertisement
The first thing I noticed wasn't his speed, it was how much more massive he was than the other runners. I agree he takes a fraction of a second longer to get going, but so does the greatest sprinter in history, Bolt. It's because of the inertia of that body mass. I'll bet if they used that new machine that measures force that was in the IMG story on Faleele, Lingrard would be off the charts for a HS RB.

I agree he doesn't need more muscle, don't want to go the James Wilder route. Hot Yoga all the way for this boy. The Gurley and Walker comparisons are legit, IMO. Is he truly 6'1" like those two? He looks it in the track vids. ... I'd like to know how much he weighs now. Boy looks stacked.

p.s., Twees, Miller as in Lamar Miller? I knew he was fast, but had no idea he was that fast. I think Lingard, while still a smudge stiff, has more lateral movement and burst, which is why I like the Gurley comparison over the Miller comparison. But that's trying to gauge high class diamonds at this point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lo doesn't run the 100m & 200m on a regular basis, so he obviously doesn't train for them. He ran those events yesterday to work on elements of his 300m hurdles. Yesterday was the first time in about a year that's he's ran either of those two events.

Advertisement
Back