Spring 2017 Track Thread for Miami Recruits

Lo doesn't run the 100m & 200m on a regular basis, so he obviously doesn't train for them. He ran those events yesterday to work on elements of his 300m hurdles. Yesterday was the first time in about a year that's he's ran either of those two events.

I'm not surprised by his times at all. Anytime you can run under 14 in the 110's you can run.

Advertisement
The first thing I noticed wasn't his speed, it was how much more massive he was than the other runners. I agree he takes a fraction of a second longer to get going, but so does the greatest sprinter in history, Bolt. It's because of the inertia of that body mass. I'll bet if they used that new machine that measures force that was in the IMG story on Faleele, Lingrard would be off the charts for a HS RB.

I agree he doesn't need more muscle, don't want to go the James Wilder route. Hot Yoga all the way for this boy. The Gurley and Walker comparisons are legit, IMO. Is he truly 6'1" like those two? He looks it in the track vids. ... I'd like to know how much he weighs now. Boy looks stacked.

p.s., Twees, Miller as in Lamar Miller? I knew he was fast, but had no idea he was that fast. I think Lingard, while still a smudge stiff, has more lateral movement and burst, which is why I like the Gurley comparison over the Miller comparison. But that's trying to gauge high class diamonds at this point.
I agree but I think a better comparison then Wilder would be Mike James. Wilder just wasn't a RB at all. No vision, instincts, footwork, etc....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The first thing I noticed wasn't his speed, it was how much more massive he was than the other runners. I agree he takes a fraction of a second longer to get going, but so does the greatest sprinter in history, Bolt. It's because of the inertia of that body mass. I'll bet if they used that new machine that measures force that was in the IMG story on Faleele, Lingrard would be off the charts for a HS RB.

I agree he doesn't need more muscle, don't want to go the James Wilder route. Hot Yoga all the way for this boy. The Gurley and Walker comparisons are legit, IMO. Is he truly 6'1" like those two? He looks it in the track vids. ... I'd like to know how much he weighs now. Boy looks stacked.

p.s., Twees, Miller as in Lamar Miller? I knew he was fast, but had no idea he was that fast. I think Lingard, while still a smudge stiff, has more lateral movement and burst, which is why I like the Gurley comparison over the Miller comparison. But that's trying to gauge high class diamonds at this point.
I agree but I think a better comparison then Wilder would be Mike James. Wilder just wasn't a RB at all. No vision, instincts, footwork, etc....

Mike James? Great person, but not very good prospect. James should of played FB

All I'm saying is Mike James is a better example for Lingard's floor. His ceiling is AP.

BUT....Mike James was a better RB prospect than you give him credit for.
https://youtu.be/FDMCRuvpXkY

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who compared this guy to James wilder?

No one. I agreed with the Gurley comparison and believe he doesn't need to focus on muscle mass but on flexibility to avoid getting too stiff like Wilder. He needs is NOT like Wilder at all. He's the total package.

No one. I agreed with the Gurley comparison and believe he doesn't need to focus on muscle mass but on flexibility to avoid getting too stiff like Wilder. He needs is NOT like Wilder at all. He's the total package.
He's going to put on weight. His frame can handle it. This is not a duke johnson situation. He's 6'1 now and will be around 210 after spring practice of next year

He's going to put on weight. His frame can handle it. This is not a duke johnson situation. He's 6'1 now and will be around 210 after spring practice of next year

I agree hence my point no need to focus on muscle. It's coming naturally. Keep pushing the frontier on flexibility and burst. His potential is as good as any of the legends.

Go check his original commit thread, the 50+ page one, a few trolls were comparing him to a bunch of awful RB's.

That's what I was referencing in my comment, that when he first committed to us, we had people on here trying to nitpick how good he really is.

Advertisement
What he run? I half-assed timed it and it was around 11 flat. If that's right, that's insanely fast for lineman/DE and someone his size.

Advertisement
Advertisement

All I'm saying is Mike James is a better example for Lingard's floor. His ceiling is AP.

You must be one of these new school canes fan. James was not highly touted. He was a Randy special. Lingard shows zero comparisons to MJ. James was dirt slow and near as athletic as Lingard. This kid is an elite talent.

You must be one of these new school canes fan. James was not highly touted. He was a Randy special. Lingard shows zero comparisons to MJ. James was dirt slow and near as athletic as Lingard. This kid is an elite talent.

I wouldn't call Mike dirt slow, whatever that means. He was a good athlete, strong as an ox, and one of the hardest working players in the history of the program. He would have had a place at UM in any era. And he was rather highly touted, although not an elite blue chip guy: Mike James, Tampa Bay, Running Back

That said, you are correct that he was not nearly as explosive as Lingard.

Last edited:

James wasn't elite rated but he was a 4 star on RIvals.

Advertisement
Back