Spring 2017 Track Thread for Miami Recruits

Spartan Invitational…………Feb 25, 2017………..Timing/Results MOGO Electronic Timing Inc.

25 school attended

100m---(run into a very slight headwind) HS National elite standard is 10.80
1… Tyler Harrell…….. 11… Christopher Columbus HS…… 10.68…. -0.12…(6-0/180 WR Columbus--this time 10th fastest in nation so far)
2… Steven Stallings.. 11… G. Holmes Braddock HS……… 10.73…. -0.1
3… Yasir Abdullah… 11… Miami Carol City HS……..….… 10.78…. -0.1 …Remember a LB
4… Nigel Bethel……… 11… Miami Northwestern HS….…. 10.80…. -0.1

300MH
1… Thomas Burns…… 11… Miami Northwestern HS……… 36.55……(This time is the 3rd fastest in US High schools so far.)

Hey PAR how about not cutting and pasting other peoples posts without giving credit. **** just post the link or the contributors name.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...results/117858?highlight=spartan+invitational

Advertisement
Abdullah....with that kind of speed combined with everyone saying size is an issue, why isn't he talked about as a safety? I haven't seen his highlights, but ****....he can run. What makes him a LB'er is he is light for the position?

His junior highlight tape is strictly at DE and it's pretty impressive. Incredibly quick off the line. Was able to get under, around, and through the tackles he was facing.

But if you watch his sophomore film the very first play is him at safety.

To be honest this kid looks like he could play DE, OLB, or S.

Abdullah....with that kind of speed combined with everyone saying size is an issue, why isn't he talked about as a safety? I haven't seen his highlights, but ****....he can run. What makes him a LB'er is he is light for the position?

weighed in about 2 weeks back at about 6'1 185pds. Mostly plays rush end....thats real light..considerin were bringing in a few dbs bigger than him in the class.

weighed in about 2 weeks back at about 6'1 185pds. Mostly plays rush end....thats real light..considerin were bringing in a few dbs bigger than him in the class.

Sounds exactly like the weaver twins.

Advertisement
For perspective Shakima Wimbley just ran a 51.07 to win the National Championship today.

Men's world record around 43.

The 400 is pretty much irrelevant in terms of relating it to football speed. It's such a different race, a modulated sprint. Yes you have to be fast to run good times in the 400, but you can run average 400 times, like Harley, and still be fast in the 100 and 200. Some fast sprinters are just not cut out for 400

So he has the height. Don't you think he can add 20 pounds in our S&C program? 6'1 is good height for a LB the question is can he add the muscles. Jermaine Grace was the same height I believe but he added more weight in his senior year. Abudllah is a playmaker regardless.

By the way, Sean Spense in his senior year was 6'0 190. Here is his ESPN profile Sean Spence - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Last edited:
He's fast and explosive on tape. I'm sure he'll be considered a plus athlete by other measurements by the time he's peaked.

So he has the height. Don't you think he can add 20 pounds in our S&C program? 6'1 is good height for a LB the question is can he add the muscles. Jermaine Grace was the same height I believe but he added more weight in his senior year. Abudllah is a playmaker regardless.

By the way, Sean Spense in his senior year was 6'0 190. Here is his ESPN profile Sean Spence - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Spence played LB his whole HS career if I'm not mistaken.

Advertisement
Stop with comparisons to Vilma and Spence. Those are two of the most instinctual, smartest and natural LBs to ever come they here.

With that said, Abdullah's freakish athleticism def makes him a very intriguing prospect

6'1 and 185....that is light. So basically he's a corner of receiver at this point. Yes, he's fast, but I expected him to be a bit bigger than that. That's part of why he's that fast, even if he plays some DE which he clearly won't at this level.

Jon Vilma was also 6'1", 190 as a senior Lb at the Gables.

Running a 4.9 at best. All this to say Vilma was developed. This kid can too. No one is asking this kid to play a year or maybe 2 so he can pack on good weight onto his frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
MORe than his size, I think his ability to read the play is the key factor. Converting DEs to LBs frequently doesn't work well. DEs often don't have the ability to quickly read the play and find the ball-carrier like a kid that has played LB all his life. This isn't a skill that a player easily picks up in a few months.

If he's played LB (or even S) in the past, that works in his favor.

Advertisement
Jon Vilma was also 6'1", 190 as a senior Lb at the Gables.

Running a 4.9 at best. All this to say Vilma was developed. This kid can too. No one is asking this kid to play a year or maybe 2 so he can pack on good weight onto his frame.

Wow

Yes sir. He was like my big bro and on paper was slow as dirt but boy when the lights came on at gables different story.

When we play the turds and Henderson catches a ball, I guarantee he runs a 3.5 over to pop his ***

Advertisement
Back