Spring 2017 Track Thread for Miami Recruits

Advertisement
[TWEET]840377278194425857[/TWEET] oh my god.... video of lingard in the 100m

Just a junior in HS holy crap and he's already big! He's going to get faster you can just see it. I bet you can't watch just once. It's happening, I'm coming back to South Florida!

If his launch in the 100m was better he would have absolutely killed that 10.7 time.

His start is not very good at all. His speed is special, though.

Pretty easy to see why his 40 time doesn't match his 100m time. The 40 is all about immediate acceleration. It takes him a little while to open up. But once he's open, he's a locomotive!

Advertisement
[TWEET]840377278194425857[/TWEET] oh my god.... video of lingard in the 100m

Notice where he is at 40M? He's fast as fvck on the top end, it's his start that keeps his 40 time from being amazing. This is not to bash the kid at all, just telling the folks that want to complain about his 40 that's not the only thing. If the D doesn't stop him in the first few yds of a run he's gone.

If his launch in the 100m was better he would have absolutely killed that 10.7 time.

Pretty easy to see why his 40 time doesn't match his 100m time. The 40 is all about immediate acceleration. It takes him a little while to open up. But once he's open, he's a locomotive!

Exactly. He could shave two tenths of a second off if all he did was focus on his start and drive phase. He's one of the most awkward looking runners I've seen inna while, but he gets it done.

He's football all the way, but with a good amount of work with a legit coach, he could make a fairly good track guy if he ever focused solely on that. Again, not suggesting he does that, but he's just a fast guy naturally.... Very raw.

Exactly. He could shave two tenths of a second off if all he did was focus on his start and drive phase. He's one of the most awkward looking runners I've seen inna while, but he gets it done.

He's football all the way, but with a good amount of work with a legit coach, he could make a fairly good track guy if he ever focused solely on that. Again, not suggesting he does that, but he's just a fast guy naturally.... Very raw.

He should get into yoga immediately and work on opening his hips.. He seems tight in that area and somewhat overall.. Physical specimen for sure but he'd be scary with more flexiblity.

Advertisement
could his future be in track? would he take a track scholarship instead?

A4gjaRQ.gif

Lmao! Wtf kinda **** is this????

Downtown Y 5:30 AM sharpish. Bring your own olive oil and mouth guard.

Can track guys give me a frame of reference? E.g. At what 100m time do you start getting things like power five conference track scholarships if you ARENT a football player?

He should get into yoga immediately and work on opening his hips.. He seems tight in that area and somewhat overall.. Physical specimen for sure but he'd be scary with more flexiblity.

:6e482c_o:

Advertisement
But, we actually had ****in trolls on here that compared this kid to James Wilder Jr in his original commitment thread smh...

And even two long time board vets that were "not impressed with his tape" & didn't think he was a legit 5-star smh

I know they were just trolling, but it's still astonishing that we landed literally one of the 3 best RB's in the NATION & we still had people nitpicking Lol.

Wow have to admit I'm shocked by that time..That 10.7 is very impressive.... but the way he runs and the way he starts is exactly why he looked kind of skeptical to some of us vets in his film. Kind of scary because his bursts probably cost him 0.3 seconds off his time...

Can track guys give me a frame of reference? E.g. At what 100m time do you start getting things like power five conference track scholarships if you ARENT a football player?

As a junior, at that size, carrying football weight, poor form (again, not criticizing him), lots of room to improve (start and drive phase)....He would have an offer right now if he doesn't already.

Advertisement
Tried to look up Phillip Dorsett's HS times, found he didn't run the 100m much but he logged a 10.69 and a 10.74, to put this in perspective. This guy is an absolute freak. Probably be running in the 10.5s by next year, which is insanity.

Fwiw this is around the same time Todd gurley ran the 100m. What's great about it is lingard did this in his junior year with more time to develop

Advertisement
Back