Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Pittman leaves UGA to take the HBC job at perennial SEC doormat and 2-win Arkansas, and turns them into a winning program, beating #15 Texas, #7 TAMU, #17 MSST, LSU, and more.

Pittman becomes one of the hottest coaching properties in CFB, but his ties to ARKY are keeping him there. Many speculate he could be the next coach at Bama/UGA/etc when his time is done at ARK.

Briles is Sam Pittman's OC, and Pittman has publicly said he's desperate to keep him.

Briles has improved every offense he's ever taken over, and every one of them has declined after he left. He's never, ever had the tools that he would have to work with to execute his offense as he would at Miami.

Sometimes you really need to stop and not overthink it. Maybe Sam Pittman and the CFB industry know a little something? Like the draft, coaching hires can be a bit of a crapshoot. But Briles is a buy right now and would objectively be a very, very well-regarded score of a hire.
Briles must have his pick of jobs right now. Wonder what Venables offered him before moving on to Lebby. Surprised Briles would turn down that job.

Advertisement
Gawd**** autocorrect

🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

Man, if AutoCorrect did that to you, I don't want to know what you are normally typing...

KIDDING!

Haven't done any duck hunting since the 1980s in a videogame arcade. Don't eat duck, nobody in my family does, so no need to hunt for duck. ****, I'm from Missouri, and one of the popular hunting targets in Missouri and Arkansas is squirrel. And I don't hunt squirrel either, at least not since I was a kid and went out squirrel hunting with my cousins.

******* right. With all of the DLCs to go with it. I play with a Khajiit modded, right bow at level 62 and haven't done the winterhold and civil war missions and I have an unmoved character, a redhguard with locs at level 32.

I did not understand a single word in your post. Oh, except for "******* right"...

Advertisement
Fellas if it's indeed Briles, Mario just hit a home run!!!

Don't judge him too harshly on his time at fsu. He had the worst oline in fsu history and Blackmon to work with. YIKES

He learned under his dad, probably the best play designer and caller the college game has ever seen, Lane who's also very high on that list, Applewhite and some others, so it's fair to say he's learned from the very best, and it shows.

He's going to kill it here!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm good with Briles.

Uptempo spread? Check.
Runs the football? Check.
Uses the tight end? Check.
Good résumé? Check.
Good pedigree? Check.

Briles's hire would assuage my only major concern about Mario.

Is Briles perfect? No, but if we're using tempo, getting playmakers in space, and running the football, we'll be fine with the talent coming in.

Also, I remember reading a couple years ago that Kendal consults with his dad.

Art quit his job at some high school, so he's got free time to "spend with his grandkids" in Miami.

Advertisement
Ken Dorsey or GTFOH!
dave-chappelle-boo-this-man.gif

Lebby was always BV’s guy. He’s an OU grad. Venables didn’t offer the job to Briles.
What does that have to do with it? Dorsey is a UM grad. I find it hard to believe Venables, an industry vet, would not even talk to the top OC talent in the game before he hired a guy with only a year of play calling experience. That’s weird.

• Haha
Reactions: WIN
If Kendall is vaccinated for Covid, do you all think it's possible for us to use the microchip as a communication device between Kendall and Papa Briles?

It would be a great hire. Arkansas offense would have shredded us this year. I'll have to go and look how he used less mobile qbs like Dimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back