Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy if it's Briles, my only quibble is that I don't think it fits what TVD is as a qb (square peg : round hole). It also reinforces the criticisms of Mario about Herbert at Oregon.
Graham Harrell & Matt Mumme are my top two choices & I think they would be the absolute perfect fit for TVD & our WR/TE based offensive weapons in terms of maximizing productivity.

But I know Mario would never go with that style of offense because he wants to be a physical run the ball first type team, so the next best thing is find an OC that can orchestrate a run heavy offense while still maintaining a high octane passing principles so that we’re not completely incapable of moving the ball through the air.

Briles is as far as Mario will ever go to coming close to the Air Raid side of the rope in the offensive tug of war...

So I’ll take it lol.

Plus, it’ll probably be the best we can do as of right now considering all the top dog OC’s are already signed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Graham Harrell & Matt Mumme are my top two choices & I think they would be the absolute perfect fit for TVD & our WR/TE based offensive weapons in terms of maximizing productivity.

But I know Mario would never go with that style of offense because he wants to be a physical run the ball first type team, so the next best thing is find an OC that can orchestrate a run heavy offense while still maintaining a high octane passing principles so that we’re not completely incapable of moving the ball through the air.

Briles is as far as Mario will ever go to coming close to the Air Raid side of the rope in the offensive tug of war...

So I’ll take it lol.

Plus, it’ll probably be the best we can do as of right now considering all the top dog OC’s are already signed.
Tonight Show Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Im not super high on briles but as far as proven candidates at this level, he's by far the most proven guy ive seen mentioned. He has been in different conferences, had different style of QBs, different type of personnel disadvantages. Not saying he's the best we can get or perfect fit but he's proven and would be a good hire.

Advertisement

2:45 on as example.

From the playaction on an obvious passing down to wtfever that was at the end; that's the stuff that scares me about him. Random, ensequenced, gimmicky at times. Theoretically, brings what I would want, it's him that I'm worried about. I don't know if he takes TVD up a level.

One if the reasons I'm partial to Brady (understandably unlikely at this point) is that even though I have some concerns about him, mostly relative to experience, I'd hope he learned some lessons from spending a year coordinating at a pro level.

But Briles can be good. I watched a lot of mismanagement and lack of coordination at FSU and it's tough to forget it. Maybe Mario's presence can balance him out.

You make solid points but using the fsu time without context isn't fair and imo when u watch candidates u should look at the scheme and not the result of the plays its alot more that go's into it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Briles is a homerun hire and anyone disagreeing needs to change sports, because football is not the right one. Scheme wise, he gets the most out of his players and exposes the opposition.

With the talent we have on offense, plus a far better coached O-Line... whew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back