Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
******* right. With all of the DLCs to go with it. I play with a Khajiit modded, right bow at level 62 and haven't done the winterhold and civil war missions and I have an unmoved character, a redhguard with locs at level 32.
I usually going Breton with magic and sword. Crazy that game came out when I was 15 and the next game is still years away. Anniversary added some cool stuff. Even if it broke my mods for a while.

Kendal’s QBs:

2015 (Baylor): Seth Russell & Jarrett Stidham
2016 (Baylor): Seth Russell & Zac Smith
2017 (FAU): Jason Driskell
2018 (Houston): D’Eriq King
2019 (FSU): James Blackmon
2020 (Arkansas): Feleipe Franks
2921 (Arkansas): KJ Jefferson

Interesting Notes:
- 2015 Baylor was 8-0 going into week 9 against Oklahoma. They were ranked #6 in the country. They were putting up video game numbers with Russell (and Stidham in mop up duties as a TF). Unfortunately Russell got injured in week 7 and Stidham dealt with a myriad of injuries as well after taking over as a starter. They struggled down the stretch. But you want Air Raid concepts…there ya go.
- Oh and Corey Coleman won the Biletnikoff award in 2015 under Briles too.
- King had his best season under Briles. Not Lashlee. 36 passing TDs under Briles, 23 passing TDs under Lashlee. That’s a big gap.
- This QB list is not great. But when he’s had talent (King) or been in a strong offensive system (Baylor, FAU) he’s put up stupid numbers.

Some of y’all are high off your *** if you think Briles is trash. This is a young proven OC that’s never had the opportunity to coach a team with the talent we have.

Give him TVD, improved OL play, talented RB room, and a high end WR transfer and I think we finish top 40 scoring offense minimum. If he can put it all together than top 20 shouldn’t be crazy to think about it. In year one. In year two? Sky’s the limit.

Last edited:
What started out as an informative thread with lots of potentially good discussion is now officially full-******...lol at this Mike Sullivan confusion.
pam GIF

Advertisement
Imagine what he would do with Jacurri if we were fortunate enough to keep him for 3-4+?

I really don’t like D’Eriq for doing this lol. He has opened up a huge can of worms and he has no idea. The smoke had died down, now it’s even hotter.
If it's not him or somehow Joe Brady, I'm going to be pretty annoyed assuming it's one of the other names mentioned.....who all aren't worthy of being part of an $8 mil coaching staff.

Last edited:
Kendal’s QBs:

Interesting Notes:
- 2015 Baylor was 8-0 going into week 9 against Oklahoma. They were ranked #6 in the country. They were putting up video game numbers with Russell (and Stidham in mop up duties as a TF). Unfortunately Russell got injured in week 7 and Stidham dealt with a myriad of injuries as well after taking over as a starter. They struggled down the stretch. But you want Air Raid concepts…there ya go.
- King had his best season under Briles. Not Lashlee. 36 passing TDs under Briles, 23 passing TDs under Lashlee. That’s a big gap.
- This QB list is not great. But when he’s had talent (King) or been in a strong offensive system (Baylor, FAU) he’s put up stupid numbers.

Some of y’all are high off your *** if you think Briles is trash. This is a young proven OC that’s never had the opportunity to coach a team with the talent we have.

Give him TVD, improved OL play, talented RB room, and a high end WR transfer and I think we finish top 40 scoring offense minimum. If he can put it all together than top 20 shouldn’t be crazy to think about it. In year one. In year two? Sky’s the limit.
The fact he made Franks look decent speaks for itself.

Not going to be a hypocrite..I hated Briles as the #1 (Brady) or #2 (Mullen) choice but liked him as the #3..if that is where we are at now in the pecking order then F it..bring me Briles and let’s get this coaching staff rolling!

Gotta think he'd at least attempt a year or 2 as a NFL QB if he doesn't get drafted. Can always be a GA for Briles when he gets a HC gig.
If I was in King's circle of trust and giving him advising him on his career, I would nudge him in the coaching direction UNLESS he wanted to give slot WR a chance.......not QB. I see no reason for him to waste his time at the QB positions. Love what King brought to this program and locker room but it is what it is.

Advertisement
Kendal’s QBs:

Interesting Notes:

This is a well thought out and presented post. I'm convinced.

Did that yesterday morning. Left Kihei around 7am. It was raining. Beautiful drive despite the rain. The waterfalls were all overflowing. Went to the black beach at waianapanapa state park. Checked out some trails and waterfalls. Pretty awesome!

Crap. Wish I caught you in time. Didn't even think about it until OCC mentioned Hana. Next trip to Hana ask about Kaihalulu, the red sand secret beach behind the general store below the resort. It's hidden in a cove you can't see from anywhere on the island. It's technically private property, but you can go. Have to take a narrow cliffside trail around the hill though. Not for the overtly obese or immobile.

image.jpeg

Advertisement
If I was in King's circle of trust and giving him advising him on his career, I would nudge him in the coaching direction UNLESS he wanted to give slot WR a chance.......not QB. I see no reason for him to waste his time at the QB positions. Love what King brought to this program and locker room but it is what it is.
What makes you think he’s got potential to be a professional coach?

What makes you think he’s got potential to be a professional coach?

Absolutely nothing from an actual coaching perspective but he seems as one who players gravitate to and look to as a leader. That's a good starting point and with his QB background and years of training with coaches, it's a baseline to work with.

Ultimately, there's a lot more coaches than NFL QBs. Play the numbers.

Advertisement
10 assistants can recruit. Doesn’t look like Patke, Simpson, Justice, Lashlee, etc have been recruiting at all so he’s slotted into one of the ten slots right now. He can always revert back to off-field or operations or whatever he actually is (if he isn’t on-field anyway) when the 10 slots are filled.

Plus, it didn't say he was formally recruiting, it just said they had a conversation. I think even Rumph can "have a conversation" with recruits.

Sam Pittman leaves UGA to take the HBC job at perennial SEC doormat and 2-win Arkansas, and turns them into a winning program, beating #15 Texas, #7 TAMU, #17 MSST, LSU, and more.

Pittman becomes one of the hottest coaching properties in CFB, but his ties to ARKY are keeping him there. Many speculate he could be the next coach at Bama/UGA/etc when his time is done at ARK.

Briles is Sam Pittman's OC, and Pittman has publicly said he's desperate to keep him.

Briles has improved every offense he's ever taken over, and every one of them has declined after he left. He's never, ever had the tools that he would have to work with to execute his offense as he would at Miami.

Sometimes you really need to stop and not overthink it. Maybe Sam Pittman and the CFB industry know a little something? Like the draft, coaching hires can be a bit of a crapshoot. But Briles is a buy right now and would objectively be a very, very well-regarded score of a hire. And our offense would be EXCITING. I don't understand how a Lashlee fan could not want Briles. Most would say Briles is ahead of Lashlee as an OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back