Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I think Baltimore has their backup qb.
His contract expires at end of the year. While I expect him to resign, it wouldnt be 4 years. IMO

Taking King allows him to be stashed on PS and called up for games that Lamar misses. 3 QBs fitting your scheme is a good thing right now.

Deriq is too young and too athletic to hang up his cleats and begin a coaching career. I can see him in the NFL as a backup or practice squad player, at QB or another position. I can also see him trying out for the CFL.

Once he's done with all that, then, maybe, he'll want to come back to try out coaching. But he has a lot of leadership potential, and he's very likeable. I can also see him in business or in broadcasting. He's got options.

What does that have to do with it? Dorsey is a UM grad. I find it hard to believe Venables, an industry vet, would not even talk to the top OC talent in the game before he hired a guy with only a year of play calling experience. That’s weird.

Would you find it hard to believe that alot, if not most, of the industry vets didn't have Marcus Freemam on speed-dial until, what, 2-3 years ago.
It happens....look on the other side of the ball with the guys on the Mike Leach coaching tree.
Alot of the highly-regarded coaches don't start their careers on third-base. Some have to struggle at sht, no win, gigs and sometimes get fired along the way.

Advertisement
I keep seeing Masons name popping up for DC. I think he’s paid $1.5M, just started at Auburn last year, gets top talent there, and if he does well for a couple years the HC offers will start rolling in again. Not sure I understand his incentive to come here? Would be a great hire but it wouldn’t make sense to me.
The Sarah Fuller fiasco is enough reason to keep Derek Mason far away from UM.

Gotta think he'd at least attempt a year or 2 as a NFL QB if he doesn't get drafted. Can always be a GA for Briles when he gets a HC gig.
Exactly. Even if he attempts to switch positions and just makes an NFL practice squad that's still a salary of over $250k a season. GA's get paid in bologna sandwiches and the promises of being able to take grad level classes that most never even have the time to go to.

Love King but there are some serious orange and green glasses views happening here. Even at his very best I didn't think he was close to NFL material. At least not at QB. Would love for him to prove me wrong but I just don't see it.

Advertisement
Love King but there are some serious orange and green glasses views happening here. Even at his very best I didn't think he was close to NFL material. At least not at QB. Would love for him to prove me wrong but I just don't see it.
Agreed. Good chance we go 2-1 (or better) against MSU/UVA/UNC if TVD starts the season.

Yeah
Agreed. Good chance we go 2-1 (or better) against MSU/UVA/UNC if TVD starts the season.
yeah, I was against King coming back because I was just ready to move on to a more pocket passing QB. I felt we were limited with king as a passer, and you need to throw the ball to win big in college football.

Crap. Wish I caught you in time. Didn't even think about it until OCC mentioned Hana. Next trip to Hana ask about Kaihalulu, the red sand secret beach behind the general store below the resort. It's hidden in a cove you can't see from anywhere on the island. It's technically private property, but you can go. Have to take a narrow cliffside trail around the hill though. Not for the overtly obese or immobile.

View attachment 169137
Yes - I knew about this beach. We had a car tour podcast going (pretty cool. It syncs up with your phone GPS and then plays as a tour guide). It said that it can be a very dangerous hike to this place (not sure if true or not) so not something I was going to venture on with 3 kids. I do want to check this out though, another time. Thanks for the pic. Looks amazing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Screenshot_20211223-134332_Chrome.webp

Advertisement
I keep seeing Masons name popping up for DC. I think he’s paid $1.5M, just started at Auburn last year, gets top talent there, and if he does well for a couple years the HC offers will start rolling in again. Not sure I understand his incentive to come here? Would be a great hire but it wouldn’t make sense to me.
If harsin has another season like last year he’s getting fired, he’d have more stability here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back