Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still believe the whole staff is done already and they are just waiting until after the national championship games/bowl games.

Meaning we probably got some from the higher ranked teams.
My thinking as well

Reactions: sml
Advertisement
Why can't we just announce the friggin' hires? Guys still collecting paychecks elsewhere? Coaches being 'unofficial' a loophole allowing more frequent contact/visits? We're leaking like Titanic..wr/rb, st's/support, dl, oc (?), but nothing official. Why?

I still believe the whole staff is done already and they are just waiting until after the national championship games/bowl games.

Meaning we probably got some from the higher ranked teams.
I have no doubts the new staff will be in place before this recruiting dead period is over. On Jan 14 we will have numerous in home visits scheduled

Coach Field's most recent follow: Kendal Briles 👀
1640287965020.gif

Advertisement
What does that have to do with it? Dorsey is a UM grad. I find it hard to believe Venables, an industry vet, would not even talk to the top OC talent in the game before he hired a guy with only a year of play calling experience. That’s weird.
Lebby is awesome though

Solid hire. It’ll be a great hire if we can actually get Polynesian’s to Miami but I’ll believe that when I see it.

I’d like it even more if he only coached DTs and we had a DE/OLB coach to go with him.
You think we're moving to a 3-4?

Advertisement
What does that have to do with it? Dorsey is a UM grad. I find it hard to believe Venables, an industry vet, would not even talk to the top OC talent in the game before he hired a guy with only a year of play calling experience. That’s weird.
Lmao who says he is the top OC talent InThe game? You? Lebby just as respected if not more because he has less baggage.

Advertisement
Yes - I knew about this beach. We had a car tour podcast going (pretty cool. It syncs up with your phone GPS and then plays as a tour guide). It said that it can be a very dangerous hike to this place (not sure if true or not) so not something I was going to venture on with 3 kids. I do want to check this out though, another time. Thanks for the pic. Looks amazing.

No worries. FYI I would be ok with taking kids 6 or 7 and up on it. There are a couple of spots where you want to be careful and take your time but its only a 5 minute hike. It's not dangerous unless you do something dumb.

Last edited:
So far it seems like we’re basically going to have Mario’s staff at Oregon with a couple of new names at coordinator.
Mirabal, Salave'a, Mastro, T-Rob and B-Mac are some of the best at their respective positions so not sure how much better we would be able to do on the open market. OC/DC will be the big shoes to drop

Advertisement
So far it seems like we’re basically going to have Mario’s staff at Oregon with a couple of new names at coordinator.
I expected that for the most part. Oregon had a good bit of Money to hire assistants, so it's not like he was bargain shopping there. He brought over the guys who he figured were the best and is going elsewhere for cordinators. I mean his staff did help him get to 3 straight Pac 12 Title games and I believe 4 straight Top 10 Recruiting classes.

@wnycanesfan
Sorry i obviously don't know how to use the reply function

I live in FL and I fly delta almost exclusively, that means we had 2 stops. 1 in ATL and 1 in SEA. With layovers, which were about an hour to 1.5 hours each i think it was something like a 14-15 hour flight into Kauai (we stayed there for a few days) then a quick up and down to Maui.

The flight was long AF, but we also had 2 kids (3.5 & 1.5) with us so that makes a difference. You can find direct flights that are about 8 hours from DFW on American and a coulple hours to get to DFW from the East Coast.

All in All, even with the long flight and kids, we will ABSOLUTELY be going to Maui again. We'll probably do a different island along with Maui, but that will be a mainstay in our travel destinations every 5 or so years i would bet.

My order of preference

Big Island - getting to see a live, active volcano and then looking at the night sky on top of Mauna Kea is amazing. Coffee and chocolate tours are great, might even find free rum tasting. Zip lining over a zillion waterfalls is a lot of fun.

Kauai- if you are and advanced scuba diver, you want to go to Kauai and do a drift dive off The Pinnacle near Nihau. Helicopter tour over the Napali coast is dope.

Maui - view from Haleakala is breathtaking. Also lavender field tours are gorgeous.

Oahu- lived there for 11 years and it has its unique charms. Riding horses on the beach in the Northshore is great. Pearl Harbor is a must see (and the submarine tour is cool). If you snorkel, go to electric Beach on the west side. Scuba is OK on Oahu in certain places like the wrecks and up on north shore near sharks cove (Great place for night dive). Unless you are an experienced boogie boarder, don't boogie board at Sandy's even though it looks like there are tasty waves from the road (multiple people break their necks there every year as the waves will slam you straight down into the shoreline) . Skydiving in north shore is fun too. Pro tip- if getting a hotel, stay in the resorts in Ko'olina (west side). Waikiki is far too busy.

Molokai - no resorts but it's a 20 min flight from Maui so easy day trip. Seacliffs are beautiful. And believe it or not, deer hunting. Rent a mule and go down the mountain to Kalaupapa. It's sad but history that should be remembered. I think there might be one person with Hansen's disease (leprosy) who still lives there.

Never made it to Lanai, but I hear there is a nice beach. 85% of the island is owned by some billionaire.

It’ll definitely be more hybrid than we saw under Manny. I’m thinking we still play some 4 down but I expect us to convert to more of the Alabama/Georgia system with the MINT and Tite fronts that they’ve perfected at the college level.

Be still my heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back