Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
A name to keep an eye on is Mike Sullivan. Former Cane and long time NFL assistant. Ready to make the jump to Offensive Coordinator.

We have to be careful, there is more than one Mike Sullivan.

But I am a huge fan of Miami Mike Sullivan, the former UM offensive lineman, and my classmate and fellow Student Government Senator. Great guy.

However, (a) I do not think he is "ready to make the jump to OC" (he has been an assistant OL coach for a while), and (b) he has been in the NFL for 15 years now.

I'm definitely not "anti-UM-guys" like some of these nutjobs, I am quite in favor of UM-guys like Mario, but I don't know that Sully is coming to UM. We already have an OL coach, and I don't think he would be offered the OC job.

@wnycanesfan
Sorry i obviously don't know how to use the reply function

I live in FL and I fly delta almost exclusively, that means we had 2 stops. 1 in ATL and 1 in SEA. With layovers, which were about an hour to 1.5 hours each i think it was something like a 14-15 hour flight into Kauai (we stayed there for a few days) then a quick up and down to Maui.

The flight was long AF, but we also had 2 kids (3.5 & 1.5) with us so that makes a difference. You can find direct flights that are about 8 hours from DFW on American and a coulple hours to get to DFW from the East Coast.

All in All, even with the long flight and kids, we will ABSOLUTELY be going to Maui again. We'll probably do a different island along with Maui, but that will be a mainstay in our travel destinations every 5 or so years i would bet.
Thanks for the info

A name to keep an eye on is Mike Sullivan. Former Cane and long time NFL assistant. Ready to make the jump to Offensive Coordinator.
He was a pretty good OC for the Bucs back in the day, he got a lot out of Mike Glennon and Josh Freeman who were terrible QBs

Advertisement
He was a pretty good OC for the Bucs back in the day, he got a lot out of Mike Glennon and Josh Freeman who were terrible QBs

Tried to explain this earlier...there are two Mike Sullivans.

The UM Mike Sullivan (as ChrisLamar said "Former Cane and long time NFL assistant") is not the same Mike Sullivan who coached for the Bucs.

The Bucs Mike Sullivan went to Army. And was recently Army's Director of Recruiting, after having spent many years in the NFL. He's back in the NFL now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What's really cool about that photo is the car .. Ford Falcon. When Ford stopped production in the US in the 60's they shipped the tooling to a factory in Argentina and they continued to produce Ford Falcons for another 30 years or more. I was in Buenos Aires in '89 and my cab from the airport was .. what I thought was an impeccable 60's vintage Falcon and I comment to the cab driver "Man you have really maintained this car in amazing condition .. how many miles are on it". He replied, "Oh about 3,500 miles, it is brand new, bought it a month ago".

Advertisement

The UM Mike Sullivan (as ChrisLamar said "Former Cane and long time NFL assistant") is not the same Mike Sullivan who coached for the Bucs.

The Bucs Mike Sullivan went to Army. And was recently Army's Director of Recruiting, after having spent many years in the NFL. He's back in the NFL now.
There are three. Mike Sullivan, Class of 1982 St. Brendan High. Serial, tech entrepreneur.

Fun coincidence : The UM Mike Sullivan played for the Bucs from 1992-1995, primarily as a backup OL and special teams.

There are 2 bucs Mike Sullivan’s. :)-

Fun coincidence : The UM Mike Sullivan played for the Bucs from 1992-1995, primarily as a backup OL and special teams.

Yes, I should have been more specific! Thanks, and to @AUcane too!

At least I got "Miami Mike Sullivan" correct...he should have to change his name, legally, to Miami Mike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back