Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not every coach needs to be some big name (ex. Seider, Corey Raymond, etc.). If Mario worked with him for years at FIU, you got to trust Mario's judgement that the guy is legit. Frankly he prob comes cheaper which means more $$ for other big names and less likely to get poached/leave in 1-2 years...

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s his list over a longer period and his contacts are all out west as well. We know what Hickson has brought in at Miami. That’s a more established bird in the hand in Miami.
I get being more established in south florida but the talk in this thread and others is that Mastro is a bad recruiter. I'm trying to see what evidence there is to support that because looking at his track record, he's recruited better at his current job than Hickson has at his current job based on recruits average.

In fairness, the tweet from Hicks didn't say he met with Smith in person so he could still be support staff I spose.

Advertisement
I get being more established in south florida but the talk in this thread and others is that Mastro is a bad recruiter. I'm trying to see what evidence there is to support that because looking at his track record, he's recruited better at his current job than Hickson has at his current job based on recruits average.
I think he’s run of the mill. There are other things that have come up with Hickson. We’ll survive either way. I’d prefer Seider over both but I’d prefer Hickson at Miami over Mastro.

Correct me if this is wrong, but if he's out recruiting he has to have an on-field position as a coach, yes?
10 assistants can recruit. Doesn’t look like Patke, Simpson, Justice, Lashlee, etc have been recruiting at all so he’s slotted into one of the ten slots right now. He can always revert back to off-field or operations or whatever he actually is (if he isn’t on-field anyway) when the 10 slots are filled.

10 assistants can recruit. Doesn’t look like Patke, Simpson, Justice, Lashlee, etc have been recruiting at all so he’s slotted into one of the ten slots right now. He can always revert back to off-field or operations or whatever he actually is (if he isn’t on-field anyway) when the 10 slots are filled.
Awesome thanks for the clarification. Makes more sense now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back