Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Tom Jenkins in Fort Lauderdale in Federal Hwy. Another called Blue Willy’s had a solid brisket and started out of a truck but that closed. Not sure what has happened to them. Georgia pig in Broward on 441 is decent but people swear by it.
Blue Willie’s was the best spot I found but they closed. Tom Jenkins is one of the better ones.

Smoke in Fort Lauderdale's pretty good.

Miami has a La Traila in Miami Lakes (Texas stilo so there's a line and they run out when they run out)

Unbranded brewing in Hialeah has a really good pop up.
I have heard good things about Smoke. That’s the one off Oakland Park and the intracoastal right?

Advertisement
We should have kept Diaz. We are a national embarrassment

Mario only wants kids who want to be here, not because of a coach. He want's kids that believe in the U. Which makes sense, that's usually how success is built. I mean, I don't like the waiting and yeah it's annoying and kinda looks bad, but Mario's nuts obviously swing to a different tune. Nothing else has worked for almost 20 years so might as well listen to his tune and stop cracking ours worrying about it.

But who cares? What is the concern about Mario taking his time with coaches? It's whether it will affect recruiting, right? He's already recruited very well, has kept the 5 he wanted from the tiny albatross of a class Manny left him, and added TEN new guys he wants. He has us with a very, very high quality class, 5th as I type this in avg.

So if he closes well tomorrow, the "delay" will have literally had no affect on the program, as long as he gets a good staff in place sometime before spring practice.

Everything else is noise. Let the man work. Most of the negativity is from us, the fanbase. We give any rival or national negativity the oxygen it needs to thrive. Anyway, if Mario closes well tomorrow all the blah blah blah goes away. That's why the man should do what he wants. He's quite clearly good at head coaching.
Well said. Mario created his own problem…he demonstrated instant success in recruiting (Bissainthe, Kelly, Moss). Now everyone expects him to win everything. And the fan base thinks that he needs the coordinators in place to do so. You and I agree on this as what he has hauled is well worth the change of the gaurd and the instant increase in paycheck. I have stated before (and so did a few others) that the increase in availability of pay for the staff is being perceived that we should land the best of the best without hesitancy. Even Saban doesn’t achieve this with everybody, and so the reaction is that Mario must not be good enough if we are waiting so long. And perception is also having the coordinators MUST help him in recruiting (while not necessarily true). We shall see tomorrow.

I have times of freaking out on this myself, but until Mario proves otherwise, he should be trusted. We all have PTSD from the last 19 years and especially the last version of a head coach was a good message man and terrible coach (which many recognized outside of this fan base). The fans on here follow this closely and want to be the first to spread the word as well in our instant gratification world. Patience is a virtue and something few have these days.

I for one will check back and keep up with this thread when not busy in the real world. It may take fast forwarding through wrestling, food suggestions, booty pics and other sport discussions to get to what I am looking for but I want to get the information as soon as it is available (and I trust this place to deliver first). While the fan base is hungry for this info, we are probably the worst representation given how closely we follow the program, but you are correct, we are not doing Mario or the program any favors by running around with our hair on fire. As is said in So Fla…tranquillo!

Great people. I believe his family are the owners of Christina Wan's that used to be in Hollywood. (not sure if its still there or not)
That’s the place in downtown Hollywood right on the boulevard. Pretty decent Chinese spot. One of the few places you can still get the Chinese restaurant experience in the area. Almost everything is takeout only now.

Advertisement
Well said. Mario created his own problem…he demonstrated instant success in recruiting (Bissainthe, Kelly, Moss). Now everyone expects him to win everything. And the fan base thinks that he needs the coordinators in place to do so. You and I agree on this as what he has hauled is well worth the change of the gaurd and the instant increase in paycheck. I have stated before (and so did a few others) that the increase in availability of pay for the staff is being perceived that we should land the best of the best without hesitancy. Even Saban doesn’t achieve this with everybody, and so the reaction is that Mario must not be good enough if we are waiting so long. And perception is also having the coordinators MUST help him in recruiting (while not necessarily true). We shall see tomorrow.

I have times of freaking out on this myself, but until Mario proves otherwise, he should be trusted. We all have PTSD from the last 19 years and especially the last version of a head coach was a good message man and terrible coach (which many recognized outside of this fan base). The fans on here follow this closely and want to be the first to spread the word as well in our instant gratification world. Patience is a virtue and something few have these days.

I for one will check back and keep up with this thread when not busy in the real world. It may take fast forwarding through wrestling, food suggestions, booty pics and other sport discussions to get to what I am looking for but I want to get the information as soon as it is available (and I trust this place to deliver first). While the fan base is hungry for this info, we are probably the worst representation given how closely we follow the program, but you are correct, we are not doing Mario or the program any favors by running around with our hair on fire. As is said in So Fla…tranquillo!
I get your points, but we did drop a huge *** bag on Mario, are dropping mad NIL cash, etc. With a kid like iluli who seemed all cane last week, people are going to want those Ws.

I get your points, but we did drop a huge *** bag on Mario, are dropping mad NIL cash, etc. With a kid like iluli who seemed all cane last week, people are going to want those Ws.
And is he saying that we need an OC to come here? If he bolts (seems unlikely but I did see that update, which could be click bait), what did Mario not hiring an OC or DC have to do with it? We have the OLine coach, we have the head coach that was formerly an OLine player and coach and we have the Polynesian connection now on staff. This would have nothing to do with our staff not being completed.

Advertisement
Tom Jenkins in Fort Lauderdale in Federal Hwy. Another called Blue Willy’s had a solid brisket and started out of a truck but that closed. Not sure what has happened to them. Georgia pig in Broward on 441 is decent but people swear by it.
I am a BBQ expert and I've tried the best. Tom Jenkins is right there.

In other news Tom Brady has officially retired, I think Mario should kick the tires and bring him on as QB coach
He is building a home 🏠 on Indian Creek Village island (has its own golf course and is super prestigious and secured). Would he commute to Coral Gables? What if Harbaugh comes down here? Any chance he becomes QB coach for the Fins?

Advertisement
Blue Willy's had that Pastrami on Thursday's, it was fire! Not srue why they closed.

He is building a home 🏠 on Indian Creek Village island (has its own golf course and is super prestigious and secured). Would he commute to Coral Gables? What if Harbaugh comes down here? Any chance he becomes QB coach for the Fins?
Brady will never coach. He’s been on record saying that he couldn’t and coaches, especially someone like Brady spends 14 hours a day at the facility.

The main reason he is retiring is to spend more time with his kids.

I’d expect him to get involved in ownership with the patriots or dolphins maybe. He will spend his years pushing his brands and things like that. I don’t see him being a tv guy like Peyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back