Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Jenkins in Fort Lauderdale in Federal Hwy. Another called Blue Willy’s had a solid brisket and started out of a truck but that closed. Not sure what has happened to them. Georgia pig in Broward on 441 is decent but people swear by it.
Blue Willy's was fantastic. He set up the truck right next to the court house and we used to go quite a bit, he opened up a brick and mortar store in Pompano off Federal and Atlantic, however he had a problem with the next door tenet and parking was impossible because of it. He shut down that location and opened off Commercial and Dixie hwy, however at this point the quality went down hill fast, in 2018 he closed down for good. He was sued by the landlord for not paying rent at the location.

Advertisement
Oh ya the sauce is incredible. I’ve grown apart from Ridgewood I rarely go anymore. Used to go all the time.

Only been to Southern Craft one time, in JC, and met Derek Carr. Apparently he’s good friends with a guy that moved here to open a church or be a pastor of a new church in the area or something.

Phil’s Dream Pit is the place to go nowadays in the Tri Cities. That or the Smokin Pig.. literally just a red pull behind trailer that permanently sits off 11e going into Jonesborough. Absolute fire and their spicy sauce is great.
We only go to Ridgewood when we’ve got a hankering. Maybe once,twice a year. Small world. Incredible you met Carr in JC. I’ve heard about Phil’s. Will have to check it out and The Smokin Pig. Thanks for the heads up.

Watch the finish

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Reaction GIF

Advertisement
He is building a home 🏠 on Indian Creek Village island (has its own golf course and is super prestigious and secured). Would he commute to Coral Gables? What if Harbaugh comes down here? Any chance he becomes QB coach for the Fins?
Indian Creek Island .. paid $17 million for a home he is tearing down .. so building lot price. Gorce Island is a neighboring island .. similar to Indian Creek .. with residential lots on the perimeter of the island .. each with a boat dock .. and the center of the island is a golf course. Believer there are 50-53 home sites. Pretty exclusive neighborhood! Star Island, Palm Island, Indian Creek, and Gorce are amazing locations.

When in Austin:

- Valentinas for brisket/tacos

- Leroy and Lewis for Smoked Beef Cheeks (NYSOM wasn’t that your nickname in high school?)

- Rudy’s (yes Rudy’s the gas station bbq joint) for at Louis ribs

I find Rudy’s to be straight trash across the board, but never had their St Louis ribs. I remember they had a sign that said “worst BBQ in Texas” and thought it was pretty accurate. In a land with places like Franklin, La bbq, Mickelthwait, Terry Blacks, Brown’s (criminally underrated) and Valentina’s and more, I don’t see why anyone would go to Rudy’s.
I am a BBQ expert and I've tried the best. Tom Jenkins is right there.

I haven’t had Jenkins in years, but they were always consistently excellent as far as bbq quality went. Most of the criticisms they got were just service related.

When in Austin:

- Valentinas for brisket/tacos

- Leroy and Lewis for Smoked Beef Cheeks (NYSOM wasn’t that your nickname in high school?)

- Rudy’s (yes Rudy’s the gas station bbq joint) for at Louis ribs
I'm a fan of Salt Lick outside of Austin, Terry Black's ain't bad either (for bbq)

Advertisement
Brady will never coach. He’s been on record saying that he couldn’t and coaches, especially someone like Brady spends 14 hours a day at the facility.

The main reason he is retiring is to spend more time with his kids.

I’d expect him to get involved in ownership with the patriots or dolphins maybe. He will spend his years pushing his brands and things like that. I don’t see him being a tv guy like Peyton.
Dude has already owned the Dolphins for 20+ years, so that makes sense.

He is building a home 🏠 on Indian Creek Village island (has its own golf course and is super prestigious and secured). Would he commute to Coral Gables? What if Harbaugh comes down here? Any chance he becomes QB coach for the Fins?
Stephen Ross there too, major Michigan connection

in other words just another super rich and famous person moving to miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back