Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not gonna pretend to have followed the back and forth between you guys because frankly that’d be pathetic on my end, but why are yall getting on a poster for putting potential coaching names in a thread about potential coaches?

People have put much less constructive content into threads here on a daily basis. Looks like y’all care more about the name of who posted it than what was actually posted
It's really the same group of posters who go around attacking people constantly. I try to ignore but the CIS "Block" system is a joke, it's almost as if they want the drama. You can ignore someone but they can still read all your posts and comment @ you. They even give you the option to show ignore posts when your scrolling through the threads 😂. I just need to do a better job of ignoring them

Advertisement
This is exactly the point... You dont bother to read anything else, take in other opinions or listen to reason from people who understand the sport. You just come on here and throw your hot vomit everywhere in a desperate cry for attention and validation.

Posting new twitter and news updates, thats your value. 10 million hot takes... nobody cares because your not a knowledgeable poster.
Okay explain how I am not knowledgeable?

Im not as down on Dorsey as some. Newton had his best years in the NFL with Dorsey as his QB coach. Allen was literally called trash by nfl defenders in his first season, then he worked with Dorsey and became one of the top QBs in the league. Dorsey can coach QBs and he's the passing game coordinator in one of the best passing offenses in the league. Gut feeling is he would be an excellent college OC and design the O around what TVD does best. Briles is the sexier name, but Id be fine with Dorsey.
The only reason why Dorsey’s name is in consideration is because he’s a Legendary Cane, that’s it, if he went to Cal instead of Miami not a single soul on this board would have any interest in him.

What offense would he run here? Never called a play in his life but Miami gets to be the lucky ones that finds out whether or not he’s actually a good play caller... Hooray for us.

If thats what yall I want, I hope you get it.

The only reason why Dorsey’s name is in consideration is because he’s a Legendary Cane, that’s it, if he went to Cal instead of Miami not a single soul on this board would have any interest in him.

What offense would he run here? Never called a play in his life but Miami gets to be the lucky ones that finds out whether or not he’s actually a good play caller... Hooray for us.

Truth

Advertisement
Name one insightful point you’ve ever made in a thread? Your shtick is to run to CIS/247 with Twitter news like you’re Randall from Recess in the hope that you’ll be first with a scoop. That’s being an ambulance chaser, not a knowledgeable poster

Well I was pretty spot on with TVD from the beginning...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211221-131117_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20211221-131117_Chrome.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20211221-131142_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20211221-131142_Chrome.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20211221-131233_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20211221-131233_Chrome.webp
    79 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20211221-131318_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20211221-131318_Chrome.webp
    111 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20211221-131403_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20211221-131403_Chrome.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 116
Advertisement
Well I was pretty spot on with TVD from the beginning...

Look, I like you. I'm just trying to help you here.

But I don't think you are doing yourself any favors here. You are trying to take credit for being "pretty spot on with TVD from the beginning" by posting a bunch of stuff from 2021 where you mention both TVD and Garcia. Which, honestly, everyone was doing. I don't recall seeing a bunch of "play an injured King no matter what, and don't let the freshmen QBs see the field" threads.

I don't know, maybe you can't see it. It's all good, and it takes all types.

But I think when all of us are eager to get real news on coaching hires, we are looking more for factual Cribtic Notes, rather than a discussion of all available coordinators on the market at all P5 and G5 schools. This thread went from coaching "news & rumors" to a "wish list discussion" of non-candidates. I hope you can see that.

Nobody is attacking you. Mocking you, maybe.

You don

You don’t think Dorsey would be a good play caller?

I understand wanting an experienced guy but Dorsey has a good track record at the most important position for an OC and that’s with QB’s. Every offense looks good with a good QB.

I as well prefer a spread offense but I think Dorsey would be a good hire and would bring a nice pro element to our offense(hopefully he keeps some spread concepts).

No, it's a bonus that he's a Cane, but that's not why I wouldn't have much issue if Mario picked him for OC. If you told me that there was a former Cal QB who had limited physical abilities but excelled due to his intelligence and won a national championship, who then went to the NFL where he has been for almost a decade, and as a QB coach he helped two QBs have MVP caliber seasons (one won the MVP, the other finished second), and is now the passing game coordinator for one of the best passing attacks in the league; then I could understand why Mario would choose him. Dorsey is expected to be named as Buffalo's OC in 2022 if Daboll gets a HC job.

Despite not being a playcaller, most people believe Dorsey is in line for an NFL OC soon. My guess is he'd probably turn down a UM OC offer since he's on the verge of being a NFL OC. However, if Mario looked at the coaching landscape and decided this former Cal QB is the right pick to call the O and take TVDs game to the next level, I could understand the thought process.

You don

I understand wanting an experienced guy but Dorsey has a good track record at the most important position for an OC and that’s with QB’s. Every offense looks good with a good QB.

I as well prefer a spread offense but I think Dorsey would be a good hire and would bring a nice pro element to our offense(hopefully he keeps some spread concepts).
I would think Dorsey would be a good play caller, if he was a play caller, but he’s not a play caller & never has been, therefore I don’t have anything to base it on, other than the fact he used to play for Miami when we won our last national championship, so I guess if that’s the criteria then sure, he’ll be an amazing play caller.

We don’t know if he’s running Mike Shula’s offense or Brian Daboll’s or a combination of both & even if we did know we still don’t have a clue what that would look like or if it would even work for us...

But you know what, who cares?!? He’s Dorsey, he played for Miami & he’s a QB’s coach, sign me TF up!

Advertisement
No, it's a bonus that he's a Cane, but that's not why I wouldn't have much issue if Mario picked him for OC. If you told me that there was a former Cal QB who had limited physical abilities but excelled due to his intelligence and won a national championship, who then went to the NFL where he has been for almost a decade, and as a QB coach he helped two QBs have MVP caliber seasons (one won the MVP, the other finished second), and is now the passing game coordinator for one of the best passing attacks in the league; then I could understand why Mario would choose him. Dorsey is expected to be named as Buffalo's OC in 2022 if Daboll gets a HC job.

Despite not being a playcaller, most people believe Dorsey is in line for an NFL OC soon. My guess is he'd probably turn down a UM OC offer since he's on the verge of being a NFL OC. However, if Mario looked at the coaching landscape and decided this former Cal QB is the right pick to call the O and take TVDs game to the next level, I could understand the thought process.
He’s in line to be a NFL OC, does that mean he’s going to be good at it?

You can be both a NFL OC & also not good at it, it happens literally every single year, there’s plenty of NFL OC’s who are bad at their job...

But, never mind that. If yall want Dorsey, then bring Dorsey, I’m all for it, Go Canes!

What's interesting is that in a relatively short time, he will be an OC and will be an even hotter commodity.

I get your skepticism, but how many people thought Joe Brady would be what he is in 2018?

For the record, I want a proven OC.

I would think Dorsey would be a good play caller, if he was a play caller, but he’s not a play caller & never has been, therefore I don’t have anything to base it on, other than the fact he used to play for Miami when we won our last national championship, so I guess if that’s the criteria then sure, he’ll be an amazing play caller.

We don’t know if he’s running Mike Shula’s offense or Brian Daboll’s or a combination of both & even if we did know we still don’t have a clue what that would look like or if it would even work for us...

But you know what, who cares?!? He’s Dorsey, he played for Miami & he’s a QB’s coach, sign me TF up!
The criteria is the QB’s he’s developed. Not a thing to do with him being a cane.

Advertisement
You don

Bro, how is this hard to understand? We've been having this same conversation for weeks now.

He never said he thinks Dorsey sucks. He never said he didn't think he'd be a good play caller. What he said is he doesn't KNOW. That's all. Why are we going after an unknown? Didn't we just do that with Manny Diaz? Jon Richt? Etc etc etc.

We had one shot to get this right with Mario, and we nailed it. He's proven. We don't know what his ceiling is, but we've seen him do this at this level. He's PROVEN. Dorsey is not. Could he be good? Maybe. But we KNOW there are other guys out there who have proven they can do this. Why would you go for an unproven guy when you can take a sure thing? Or at least something very close to a sure thing?

And lastly, is Ken Dorsey on any other school's radar? I don't think so, so why should he be on ours? Just because he played here? Contrary to popular belief, good football is played in other places than Coral Gables. We don't have to sign every Miami guy. We're allowed to branch out.

If this was a year or two ago, and we were panhandling on US1, begging for spare change to hire coaches and staff, then maybe Dorsey would be an option. But we have money now. We don't need to budget hire. We don't need to find a diamond in the rough. We can find a diamond in the middle of the ******* display case and slap our **** on the glass and buy that ************. Enough with the Dorsey and Torretta and Chud nonsense. Hire guys who have proven they can be elite at this level. Not guys we think might be smart just because they've been to Versailles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back