Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Mastro's most recent follows are Canes Football and Trevonte Citizen (just reported Canes offer). Seems like he will be rb coach unless it's an odd coincidence

deflated GIF

1st Lazy hire if it comes to fruition, imo.

Advertisement
deflated GIF

1st Lazy hire if it comes to fruition, imo.

Nothing lazy about Mastro. Mario has worked with him for a few years, and if he brings him here he clearly trusts him and believes in his ability to get the job done. The dude has been coaching the position and coordinating run games for 25 years. Those Nevada offenses were LETHAL running the ball, then he worked at Wazzou with Leach and Yost, etc. He's been around some innovative offenses. And completely different schemes.

I do believe that your RB coach should be a recruiter, first and foremost, but also we shouldn't be looking nationally for backs in the next few years. If this dude can just be a net neutral while you let Mario go recruit the **** out of the local kids in 2023 and 2024, we should be fine.

Advertisement
I read one post
This is exactly the point... You dont bother to read anything else, take in other opinions or listen to reason from people who understand the sport. You just come on here and throw your hot vomit everywhere in a desperate cry for attention and validation.

Posting new twitter and news updates, thats your value. 10 million hot takes... nobody cares because your not a knowledgeable poster.

And it's nothing personal, Mack. This thread was started by a guy with info on who the coaching candidates actually are. If we can discuss the under-serious-consideration names, there is value to the thread.

But I'm not sure that Cribby started this thread to solicit random posters to generate dozens of extra random names that are not actually serious candidates at UM.

If you want a Mackbammer "guys I'd love for Miami to hire" thread, then that's fine, go ahead and start one. I doubt it would get to 146 pages, but who knows?

So you read all my posts, and you STILL thought that what we were looking for was another Mackbammer cut-and-paste special?

Oh, but thanks for clarifying on the "no chance he's coming guys". I'm going to make my list too, and I'm going to put Saban, Swinney, and Meyer on it with "no chance he's coming" disclaimers...

Thanks for all the gold, Mackbammer...
Mackbammer, I'm stealing that one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
And it's nothing personal, Mack. This thread was started by a guy with info on who the coaching candidates actually are. If we can discuss the under-serious-consideration names, there is value to the thread.

But I'm not sure that Cribby started this thread to solicit random posters to generate dozens of extra random names that are not actually serious candidates at UM.

If you want a Mackbammer "guys I'd love for Miami to hire" thread, then that's fine, go ahead and start one. I doubt it would get to 146 pages, but who knows?
I’m not gonna pretend to have followed the back and forth between you guys because frankly that’d be pathetic on my end, but why are yall getting on a poster for putting potential coaching names in a thread about potential coaches?

People have put much less constructive content into threads here on a daily basis. Looks like y’all care more about the name of who posted it than what was actually posted

I’m not gonna pretend to have followed the back and forth between you guys because frankly that’d be pathetic on my end, but why are yall getting on a poster for putting potential coaching names in a thread about potential coaches?

Posters have put much less constructive content into threads here on a daily basis. Looks y’all care more about the name of who posted it than what was actually posted

First, there is no back-and-forth. I barely respond to Mackbammer because he doesn't have many worthwhile posts.

Second, I responded to someone else commenting (accurately) that Mack just tosses out a bunch of uninteresting names. I agreed. Mack then tried to defend his honor by...reposting the same-old uninteresting names.

It's funny. We haven't hired anyone and won't for days (maybe weeks). At some point within a 146 page thread, the insight of the original post (and the original poster) gets lost.

I think you may be a bit confused on "potential" coaches. Cribby posted about guys who were actually speaking with Mario and expressing interest in taking a role at Miami. Mack was just posting his favorite dudes with an occasional "never going to come to Miami" disclaimer.

As Mario preaches, we need to have high standards at Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back