Some early buzz from spring

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man we gonna need like 5 or 6 d-linemen, 3 linebackers, 4 corners, 2 safeties for recruiting to fix the holes on the defensive. It's very top heavy

Making absolute judgements about the future of a true incoming freshman QB based upon a total of 15 seconds of grainy practice videos, conducted in his first ever spring practice, for a guy that could be running track or playing baseball for his high school team right now, only proves one thing:

Which CIS porsters are on the left side of the bell curve for common sense and football knowledge.

Looks like it was coached out of Josh Allen of the Bills. He was very inaccurate coming out of college (Which was the knock on him) and in his 1st year in the league.
His accuracy has improved but he’s still on the lower end for NFL quarterbacks. 62% puts him in the bottom third of the league for his career. Ken Dorsey gets a lot of deserved credit for working with him but in terms of pure accuracy he is going to be behind the top level guys. He’s still a better all around quarterback then some of the more accurate throwers though.

Advertisement
James Williams is certainly a 'balla, but c'mon man he does not move like he is 5'11. Go back and watch Sean Taylor, his speed and pop were lethal. He covered the deep third like a blanket and hit like a rhinoceros!
Ok maybe 6ft, but I’d compare more to Ray Ray Armstrong except for he moves a lot better in space. Sean was a anomaly it’s not fair to compare anyone to him and I don’t need to go watch his highlights to remember how good he was 😉

Making absolute judgements about the future of a true incoming freshman QB based upon a total of 15 seconds of grainy practice videos, conducted in his first ever spring practice, for a guy that could be running track or playing baseball for his high school team right now, only proves one thing:

Which CIS porsters are on the left side of the bell curve for common sense and football knowledge.
For those of us on the other side of the curve, it’s pretty entertaining.

Advertisement
His accuracy has improved but he’s still on the lower end for NFL quarterbacks. 62% puts him in the bottom third of the league for his career. Ken Dorsey gets a lot of deserved credit for working with him but in terms of pure accuracy he is going to be behind the top level guys. He’s still a better all around quarterback then some of the more accurate throwers though.
There was an old story of Steve Young and Trent Dilfer...they had some contest as to whom could hit the crossbars from certain distances...Dilfer was much more accurate in this test...but who would you rather have as a qb?

There was an old story of Steve Young and Trent Dilfer...they had some contest as to whom could hit the crossbars from certain distances...Dilfer was much more accurate in this test...but who would you rather have as a qb?
Absolutely. Just like the QB with the strongest arm isn’t necessarily the best passer.

Although in this specific instance, I’m assuming Young and Dilfer were aiming at a target from a significant distance because Young was as accurate as you could get from under 30 yards. His deep ball was pretty mediocre though/

Advertisement
Absolutely. Just like the QB with the strongest arm isn’t necessarily the best passer.

Although in this specific instance, I’m assuming Young and Dilfer were aiming at a target from a significant distance because Young was as accurate as you could get from under 30 yards. His deep ball was pretty mediocre though/
I'm a little fuzzy on it, but to his credit, I think Dilfer mentioned the story...he knew who was better.

That OL group, DE and LB are pretty bad. JAG’s everywhere. CB too. Like bottom of the ACC bad

9 wins at best unless we get some more plug and play transfers. So far the portal guys we have got seem to be depth at best.

Manny left Mario a roster with more gaping holes than a Brazzers company picnic.

It will take a while to fix. Keep expectations in check and give Mario time to correct
jiggity GIF

Advertisement
Back