Some early buzz from spring

Advertisement
I know but I guess my point is we redshirted GR15 and he was still gone in 3 years so what is the point?

I agree with you if we have to rely on Moss for heavy minutes we are likely in trouble. Moss is also WAYYYY more athletic than Ishmael.

Garvin at the end of his tenure was physically imposing and got yoked up but he was the same weight coming in as Moss and as a TF he did look skinny out there. That is why I also gave the burns comparison as both were top 100 players and the fact Moss has those long as arms will help him more than hurt even if he needs to add weight. He will be able to use that speed to get around the edge and grab a QB or swat the ball (think burns against N'Kosi) without needing to be that close.

My point is we do not have a Garvin, or JP or Rosseau who can go get the QB in obvious passing downs. Moss can fill that roll.
He’ll fill that roll….eventually, probably not as a freshman though

I'm fully in the camp that Moultrie should play DE. Anyone know his injury?

After the first 2 days of practice their was talk, the whole WR group and depth were concerns. The whole team is small. I personally don't think we have a # 1 WR unless it becomes Ladson. J. Williams is a good athlete, but that doesn't mean he is good in coverage against good WR's. I didn't see his media day, but the last I knew he was supposedly 223lbs and thin. We only have a few LB's that weight more. He weighs more than Moss and I think Davis is around 230lbs last I heard at DE's. Even Manny could see S is not his position. As a whole this team is small, lacks depth and elite talent. This is why I am guessing we still take about 8 transfer's. The good news is we still play in one of the worst divisions in college football. Plenty to win this division with this staff coaching them up.

No need to overthink James Williams.

Like AR82 said (I will continue to note, he goes hard for the Canes still), 0 needs to never leave the field. Move him around, be creative with him, and that seems to be Steele's thinking in regards to the safety trio.
What's he playing on O?

Advertisement
Moss is scrawny right now so if he plays at all, it's purely in a reserve pass rush package. The good thing about the 4 game redshirt rule is you don't have to make the decision before the season starts. He'll likely get a few snaps in a blowout game and if he's overwhelmed, play him in is four games and give him a shirt. If he's holding his own in practice and can pack on some weight, then give him a shot in the rotation. You really have nothing to lose. Either he's not ready for college football and gets red shirted or he can contribute now and doesn't get red shirted.
Should be plenty of snaps in the opening game. Should be a 50 plus win.

I know but I guess my point is we redshirted GR15 and he was still gone in 3 years so what is the point?

I agree with you if we have to rely on Moss for heavy minutes we are likely in trouble. Moss is also WAYYYY more athletic than Ishmael.

Garvin at the end of his tenure was physically imposing and got yoked up but he was the same weight coming in as Moss and as a TF he did look skinny out there. That is why I also gave the burns comparison as both were top 100 players and the fact Moss has those long as arms will help him more than hurt even if he needs to add weight. He will be able to use that speed to get around the edge and grab a QB or swat the ball (think burns against N'Kosi) without needing to be that close.

My point is we do not have a Garvin, or JP or Rosseau who can go get the QB in obvious passing downs. Moss can fill that roll.
Burns had/has UNREAL get off and had the benefit of playing DL almost his whole life. (His brother was an NFL DE as welll) Moss was a kid that played safety and other positions as recently as a year ago...they really arent the same other than dimensions.

We need to bring in a transfer portal guy to fill that role and shirt MOSS.

Moss will be 240 by day 1 of fall camp

FMzqMwAUYAQCNRi

Advertisement
Ok maybe 6ft, but I’d compare more to Ray Ray Armstrong except for he moves a lot better in space. Sean was a anomaly it’s not fair to compare anyone to him and I don’t need to go watch his highlights to remember how good he was 😉
(y)(y)

Hey @DMoney this is like a glass of cold ice water to a man dying of thirst.

The practice clips are fine, but they don’t really tell us a heck of a whole lot. At least now we’re starting to see the beginnings of what kind of team this might be. Yes it’s only the first three days of spring, but I’m not complaining. Thanks for this.
thirsty steve martin GIF

SIAP...Who is playing the nickel/star/hybrid role?

Frierson? Are other safeties working in there? Huff?

Last edited:
Advertisement
After the first 2 days of practice their was talk, the whole WR group and depth were concerns. The whole team is small. I personally don't think we have a # 1 WR unless it becomes Ladson. J. Williams is a good athlete, but that doesn't mean he is good in coverage against good WR's. I didn't see his media day, but the last I knew he was supposedly 223lbs and thin. We only have a few LB's that weight more. He weighs more than Moss and I think Davis is around 230lbs last I heard at DE's. Even Manny could see S is not his position. As a whole this team is small, lacks depth and elite talent. This is why I am guessing we still take about 8 transfer's. The good news is we still play in one of the worst divisions in college football. Plenty to win this division with this staff coaching them up.
That’s why I was hoping the ad could hook us up with the same meat supplier Clemson uses

Making absolute judgements about the future of a true incoming freshman QB based upon a total of 15 seconds of grainy practice videos, conducted in his first ever spring practice, for a guy that could be running track or playing baseball for his high school team right now, only proves one thing:

Which CIS porsters are on the left side of the bell curve for common sense and football knowledge.
"15 seconds of grainy practice videos" is no longer a statement you could make. You have to be real old to say this cliche statement. You can shoot an entire practice with your phone regardless of the phone you have and it wont be "grainy" videos. Unless you shooting from 100 yards away with your phone. Technology is so advance now days most videos you'll see post online won't be grainy.

Advertisement
"15 seconds of grainy practice videos" is no longer a statement you could make. You have to be real old to say this cliche statement. You can shoot an entire practice with your phone regardless of the phone you have and it wont be "grainy" videos. Unless you shooting from 100 yards away with your phone. Technology is so advance now days most videos you'll see post online won't be grainy.

Since you’re insistent on ”schooling” me, let me teach you something. On second thought, I’ll let you look up this word: Hyperbole.

What a stupid fūcking post. Most people that read it have common sense and understood that it was just meant for effect. You sound like you’re on the spectrum, maybe you should look into it. Good luck in maneuvering the verbal intricacies of the world, because so far it sounds like you’re having problems.

THEN WHY CAN'T WE GET DECENT VIDEO OF ALIENS AND THIER SPACECRAFTS!!!!??

NESSIE? BIG FOOT? SKUNK APE? JIMMY HOFFA?

ELVIS!!???

Answer that!

No need to overthink James Williams.

Like AR82 said (I will continue to note, he goes hard for the Canes still), 0 needs to never leave the field. Move him around, be creative with him, and that seems to be Steele's thinking in regards to the safety trio.
This! But let’s make this in general, our stars should never leave the field. No more mass substitutions playing the second team defense on the 3rd drive of the game. Manny and his predetermined substitutions were mind boggling.

Let the best players play and give them a rest here and there but not full series early in games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back