S & C

Players have said it’s different. Feld explains why they’re doing each workout and what it does. He also has been pushing them to a certain point and then a bit more the next day. They felt with Feely he would take it too far and then they weren’t able to recover for the next day. The biggest thing is their nutrition, I read that one of the players has been able to put on 10lbs (muscle) since the new program started.

Last edited:
Advertisement
4th quarter program starts next week.

Mario stole it from Saban.
And Saban doesn't really do it anymore. Do you want to be 5 years behind or 5 years ahead?

**** congrats haha still trying to find fellow cane fans up here
I hear you. I connected with a woman through the other board. She lives (lived, no idea now) in the Kenai who is a band director. We never got together though. Dolphin fans are easier to find.

Advertisement
Every program has a version of this tbh..a good S&C program is essential. But I think sometimes we get a little carried away on the impact it can have…it’s simple, recruit and sign better prospects with the elite natural traits annually and you’ll see the results
Thank you. The S&C coach can’t make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

Cornerback DJ Ivey's gotten some chances to prove himself at UM, but so far it's an up-and-down career for the senior.

He started 17 games as a sophomore and junior, but this past season he only started four games and had some issues in coverage.

With fellow corners Tyrique Stevenson, Marcus Clarke, Te'Cory Couch and Al Blades having experience, competition for reps will be fierce this spring and beyond.

It’s a fresh start for all of them with Mario Cristobal taking over.

"It's going well - in life you have to learn to adapt and adjust," Ivey said at a LifeWallet marketing event. "That's all we can do.”

He says the transition to Cristobal "has been very good."

"He's a very exciting coach to be around," Ivey said. "He's very respectful, I really appreciate his presence."

This is the time of year when players spend a lot of time in the weight room, of course. And Ivey had high praise for new strength coach Aaron Feld and his staff.

"It's been amazing,” Ivey said. “Learning from coach Feld and his strength staff, learning the way they do things, how they want us to go about things, push us. I think it's going to be very good for us and for the players that are coming up when I'm done at the University of Miami.”

As for his name, image and likeness deal with LifeWallet that will give him some money, Ivey has big plans.

"I’m going to give back to the community, have community park giveaways, have everybody come out, do a little camp for the kids and around Christmas time have a giveaway for the kids,” Ivey said. “There's a lot I have in motion."

I hear you. I connected with a woman through the other board. She lives (lived, no idea now) in the Kenai who is a band director. We never got together though. Dolphin fans are easier to find.
Yeah I know a few Luckily though I got raised a Tampa fan from my dad because he didn't watch college and my mom was the opposite only watched the canes and not college. Perfect mix haha

Advertisement
Another assistant. From Mizzou. Stacking the S&C staff. This is great news

B32FF1B8-B89F-4720-ACC2-C2BA55B2C82E.webp

We looked small and weak. They looked like gladiators compared to our roster. Their WR we bullying our CB’s.

I agree Mario knows what the top looks like and will do everything in his power to get us there.

It starts 100% with recruiting. Can’t turn jags into elites. Look at the size of the 3 stars he took. He has body types he goes after. Might be 3 stars but they are all massive and can move. It’s something for Feld to work with. Moss and Kelly are freak DE’s look at their wing spans and size before they even hit a weigh room.

Can’t wait to see what he does with the 2023 class.
we have looked small and weak in every out of conference Power 5 game we have played for as long as I can remember. let me list a few: K State, ND once, UF twice, Wisconsin, Cal, OU, Wisconsin again. the only team we were smaller than but crushed was ND with Richt.

Did they fire my guy who made the protein shakes and handed out fruit cups? Bald head? Played baseball for us?

Last edited:
Advertisement
we have looked small and weak in every out of conference Power 5 game we have played for as long as I can remember. let me list a few: K State, ND once, UF twice, Wisconsin, Cal, OU, Wisconsin again. the only team we were smaller than but crushed was ND with Richt.

Agree. Feeley seemed like he helped conditioning and speed, but haven't looked on par with other P5 Teams in strength since Moffitt

Advertisement
The physical approach will be similar to other top programs. What will determine success is how it's implemented and how forceful Mario is at making sure players do things the right way. Stride for perfection. Make players do things over and over again until they get it right whether that's the training room, practice field or game. Hearing Corey Flagg after a game last season say that the mistakes they made on the field were made in practice leading up to the game was interesting because it spoke to a lack of discipline and accountability from the coaches. Discipline starts with offseason training.

Agree. Feeley seemed like he helped conditioning and speed, but haven't looked on par with other P5 Teams in strength since Moffitt

Ehh, conditioning yes, but we still weren’t a fast team. We had a couple of guys who were just fast off strength, but we were often dusted.

Advertisement
Back