S & C

Advertisement
That's why I want to see us produce some behind the scenes type content they can post on YouTube. Better to see these coaches actually training them so we can all judge for ourselves.
Lol Bruh it’s gonna be the sameee ****. Those 10 second Twitter clips ain’t gonna show but so much. It would take you knowing some of the guys regiments and schedule to really gauge how the S&C is functioning. It’s essential Imo we have more off field staffers who are responsible for let’s say 16-20 guys. That’s something that wasn’t in place at the level it needs to be in modern cfb. To make sure they most importantly have a plan that is geared individually towards them especially for the off the clock things..making sure they are eating properly, going to class, on top of meetings and all that good ****..The support staff HAS TOO be bolstered. Mario knows what that should look like and he’s got the budget to make sure our guys are getting the best of the best now

Interested to hear more about the 4th quarter drills. At the signing day presser coach mentioned it and its importance. Also how guys currently on rehab will have to complete them as well

4th quarter he took from Bama. It’s their program and what Saban has built his S&C off of. It’s their motto “make their *** quit”

I used to have a copy of the program but might have misplaced it during all my moving the last 7 years. It was provided to the training facility I worked at from one former Bama player

Mario is taking a lot from what he learned at Bama and implementing it here.

From the photos I saw today it looked like they were doing conditioning drills. Prowler pushes and weighted sled sprints.

Every program has a version of this tbh..a good S&C program is essential. But I think sometimes we get a little carried away on the impact it can have…it’s simple, recruit and sign better prospects with the elite natural traits annually and you’ll see the results

Disagree and any college player who has been on a successful team and program will all tell you starts in the weight room.

S&C and nutrition is number 1 building block for a program. There is a reason Bama and Georgia invest so much into their weight rooms, recovery, therapy and food.

Yes having elite players to start with helps but it an essential part to building a championship team. It starts in the off season. Players spend more time with strength coaches than any other coaches over their careers at a program.

Disagree and any college player who has been on a successful team and program will all tell you starts in the weight room.

S&C and nutrition is number 1 building block for a program. There is a reason Bama and Georgia invest so much into their weight rooms, recovery, therapy and food.

Yes having elite players to start with helps but it an essential part to building a championship team. It starts in the off season. Players spend more time with strength coaches than any other coaches over their careers at a program.
I never said S&C isn’t essential..I literally said it was lol. U was at the Bama game?

Advertisement
Yes. I was there
So you DEFINITELY saw the difference between that machine over there. All those mofos in those red polos scattered all over the place was all I needed to see to really show how far we are behind from a investment standpoint. The caliber of athletes they recruit top to bottom is different. Thats were we need to start. That’s championship level commitment..Miami teams used to look like that. Mario seeing those Miami teams up close, being in the SEC along with the team he put together at Oregon make me confident he understands how it should all look and function. And finally the resources are here to match

Advertisement
Interested to hear more about the 4th quarter drills. At the signing day presser coach mentioned it and its importance. Also how guys currently on rehab will have to complete them as well
I think he added in his experience it’s hard to be a solid contributor without completing that program.

Apparently he swears by it from his Bama days.

Subjective upon who you ask. One said, their was a big difference. Another said, their wasn't much different and that Feeley was energetic also. I have to believe with new hires, it is much better.

Advertisement
So you DEFINITELY saw the difference between that machine over there. All those mofos in those red polos scattered all over the place was all I needed to see to really show how far we are behind from a investment standpoint. The caliber of athletes they recruit top to bottom is different. Thats were we need to start. That’s championship level commitment..Miami teams used to look like that. Mario seeing those Miami teams up close, being in the SEC along with the team he put together at Oregon make me confident he understands how it should all look and function. And finally the resources are here to match

We looked small and weak. They looked like gladiators compared to our roster. Their WR we bullying our CB’s.

I agree Mario knows what the top looks like and will do everything in his power to get us there.

It starts 100% with recruiting. Can’t turn jags into elites. Look at the size of the 3 stars he took. He has body types he goes after. Might be 3 stars but they are all massive and can move. It’s something for Feld to work with. Moss and Kelly are freak DE’s look at their wing spans and size before they even hit a weigh room.

Can’t wait to see what he does with the 2023 class.

km_20220103-2_1080p_1.gif

Advertisement
4th quarter program starts next week.

Mario stole it from Saban.
I don't think we've had a coach with the stones to enforce this kind of discipline in a long time. I'm hoping that has changed.

Advertisement
Back