S & C

1644026739429.gif

Results look good so far…

Advertisement
Bigger staff is one substantial difference I think. We are up to 5 SC coaches. Bigger staff = more individual attention I would guess.
Was just about to ask this. Do we now have more S&C coaches than before? It makes a difference for sure for the reasons you mentioned.

4th quarter program starts next week.

Mario stole it from Saban.
Saban doesn’t do the 4th quarter program anymore. That was basically Scott Cochran’s baby. Ever since he got David Ballou and Dr. Matt Rhea Bama has changed their approach. With that being said I’ve heard Feld knows what he’s doing and is building a foundation on biomechanics, transferable explosiveness and power and injury prevention.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Saban doesn’t do the 4th quarter program anymore. That was basically Scott Cochran’s baby. Ever since he got David Ballou and Dr. Matt Rhea Bama has changed their approach. With that being said I’ve heard Feld mines what he’s doing and is building a foundation on biomechanics, transferable explosiveness and power and injury prevention.

If Bama has the injury issues they had this past year, Saban will fire these guys and bring in somebody else.

I’m not saying anyone is better or worse or whatever. There are a bunch of different approaches and ideas and sometimes luck is involved.

Looking forward to being a team the physically dictates the game, we haven't been that in a long time
one of the best feeling of an OL is being on top of a defender and looking forward as RB blasts to daylight 🙌🙌

Advertisement
If Bama has the injury issues they had this past year, Saban will fire these guys and bring in somebody else.

I’m not saying anyone is better or worse or whatever. There are a bunch of different approaches and ideas and sometimes luck is involved.
I really wonder how much the new field turf affects knee injuries

What did y'all want Feeley do with the players Manny recruited? It's like y'all expect a strength coach to add 4 inches of height and make them all 10inches wider with muscle. This isn't a Captain America cartoon
This is the funniest thing and I laugh at it every coaching changes.

They go"we look smaller" than this out of conference team etc...

When we recruit and land 5'10 165 corners..lbs that are 5'10-5'11 190-200 coming in...recruit 260pd Dl and play them at Dt.

There is nothing much a S&C can do with that. Every coach has different philosophies. MANNY on Defense wanted guys , especially on the lines to get up the field as fast as possible...so he wasnt recruiting Huge lineman. I dont know wtf he was doing with Lbs though and said that 3 or 4 years ago.

But..You recruit bigger players...They end up Bigger. Uga and Bama s&c arent inventing sh-t just look at the size of their kids coming in to their programs

Advertisement
This is the funniest thing and I laugh at it every coaching changes.

They go"we look smaller" than this out of conference team etc...

When we recruit and land 5'10 165 corners..lbs that are 5'10-5'11 190-200 coming in...recruit 260pd Dl and play them at Dt.

There is nothing much a S&C can do with that. Every coach has different philosophies. MANNY on Defense wanted guys , especially on the lines to get up the field as fast as possible...so he wasnt recruiting Huge lineman. I dont know wtf he was doing with Lbs though and said that 3 or 4 years ago.

But..You recruit bigger players...They end up Bigger. Uga and Bama s&c arent inventing sh-t just look at the size of their kids coming in to their programs
Yup. They prob think Jordan Davis was put together by UGA strength coaches

Cornerback DJ Ivey's gotten some chances to prove himself at UM, but so far it's an up-and-down career for the senior.

He started 17 games as a sophomore and junior, but this past season he only started four games and had some issues in coverage.

With fellow corners Tyrique Stevenson, Marcus Clarke, Te'Cory Couch and Al Blades having experience, competition for reps will be fierce this spring and beyond.

It’s a fresh start for all of them with Mario Cristobal taking over.

"It's going well - in life you have to learn to adapt and adjust," Ivey said at a LifeWallet marketing event. "That's all we can do.”

He says the transition to Cristobal "has been very good."

"He's a very exciting coach to be around," Ivey said. "He's very respectful, I really appreciate his presence."

This is the time of year when players spend a lot of time in the weight room, of course. And Ivey had high praise for new strength coach Aaron Feld and his staff.

"It's been amazing,” Ivey said. “Learning from coach Feld and his strength staff, learning the way they do things, how they want us to go about things, push us. I think it's going to be very good for us and for the players that are coming up when I'm done at the University of Miami.”

As for his name, image and likeness deal with LifeWallet that will give him some money, Ivey has big plans.

"I’m going to give back to the community, have community park giveaways, have everybody come out, do a little camp for the kids and around Christmas time have a giveaway for the kids,” Ivey said. “There's a lot I have in motion."
Good information 👍 thanks.

Advertisement
I don’t know if ya’ll kept hearing this, but Mario has repeatedly talked about guys eating right when he’s referring to the S&C. Some of u know I was hyper critical of our S&C under Feeley, & another poster hit me w/ Bellamy issues. That shocked me.

Folks, I know we had some nice Weight Watchers before & after photos, & honestly, some looked a little filter-esque, but every time we lined up against a solid P5 team, we looked slow & small. U can blame it on the caliber of recruit if u like, but my problem w/ Feeley was functional, football strength, which is totally different than body building or body recomposition. Guys looked good in a t-shirt, but were dragged in the open field, & trenches (hence we had to blitz **** near every down).

Was Feeley an upgrade over Gus? Yes, but that’s not saying much. Also, Feeley was a G5 program guy; matter of fact, he wasn’t even at a power G5 program, hence we struggled w/ G5 teams from a physicality standpoint.

I love what we have now. I did want the legend from The Bayou in T Moffitt, but I like Feld, & have watched several of his videos explaining methodology. I think we need up to upgrade our sports medicine dept, however. Hearing some unflattering stories from former players & the way King was handled is a no bueno.

I don’t know if ya’ll kept hearing this, but Mario has repeatedly talked about guys eating right when he’s referring to the S&C. Some of u know I was hyper critical of our S&C under Feeley, & another poster hit me w/ Bellamy issues. That shocked me.

Folks, I know we had some nice Weight Watchers before & after photos, & honestly, some looked a little filter-esque, but every time we lined up against a solid P5 team, we looked slow & small. U can blame it on the caliber of recruit if u like, but my problem w/ Feeley was functional, football strength, which is totally different than body building or body recomposition. Guys looked good in a t-shirt, but were dragged in the open field, & trenches (hence we had to blitz **** near every down).

Was Feeley an upgrade over Gus? Yes, but that’s not saying much. Also, Feeley was a G5 program guy; matter of fact, he wasn’t even at a power G5 program, hence we struggled w/ G5 teams from a physicality standpoint.

I love what we have now. I did want the legend from The Bayou in T Moffitt, but I like Feld, & have watched several of his videos explaining methodology. I think we need up to upgrade our sports medicine dept, however. Hearing some unflattering stories from former players & the way King was handled is a no bueno.
The nutrition aspect definitely wasn't centered upon enough in the past. Seeing the social media posts of Bellamy giving players fruit cups & pancakes all the time screamed 2nd rate program. We can do better and Mario will address that. And I definitely agree about the lack of functional strength with too many players, even the kids who are more jacked get dragged by ball carriers & pushed around far too often. Some of that is attributed to a lacking mindset, toughness from the players, but a great strength coach alone makes a big difference. The sports medicine department is definitely a great concern too, the King fiasco was maddening to say the least.

Players have said it’s different. Feld explains why they’re doing each workout and what it does. He also has been pushing them to a certain point and then a bit more the next day. They felt with Feely he would take it too far and then they weren’t able to recover for the next day. The biggest thing is their nutrition, I read that one of the players has been able to put on 10lbs (muscle) since the new program started.
10 lbs of muscle in 2 weeks is sus. We’re finally on them bama shakes

Feeley must have done something right because he's walked into another P5 job.

Advertisement
Back