S & C

Love that they training on grass. Get used to dynamic movements on the surface that your actually gonna be doing dynamic movements on. Hated the matt drill concept.

One question though I thought coaches weren't supposed to be around players during off-season conditioning or am I trippin. Or is that an old rule.

I didn’t think they were allowed maybe the rule has changed. Mallory already banged up wearing a sleeve in this leg

Advertisement

Love that they training on grass. Get used to dynamic movements on the surface that your actually gonna be doing dynamic movements on. Hated the matt drill concept.

One question though I thought coaches weren't supposed to be around players during off-season conditioning or am I trippin. Or is that an old rule.

Pretty sure Mario and Alex know the rules. We’re good here

Advertisement
We looked small and weak. They looked like gladiators compared to our roster. Their WR we bullying our CB’s.

I agree Mario knows what the top looks like and will do everything in his power to get us there.

It starts 100% with recruiting. Can’t turn jags into elites. Look at the size of the 3 stars he took. He has body types he goes after. Might be 3 stars but they are all massive and can move. It’s something for Feld to work with. Moss and Kelly are freak DE’s look at their wing spans and size before they even hit a weigh room.

Can’t wait to see what he does with the 2023 class.

just like in boxing, you want to be a good trainer --- have naturally talented boxers to work with.

Nobody can turn Joe Palooka into a Roy Jones or Manny Pacquiao

we have looked small and weak in every out of conference Power 5 game we have played for as long as I can remember. let me list a few: K State, ND once, UF twice, Wisconsin, Cal, OU, Wisconsin again. the only team we were smaller than but crushed was ND with Richt.

whats more concerning is that we havent been all that fast across the board as a team since about 2005 or so...

This is the funniest thing and I laugh at it every coaching changes.

They go"we look smaller" than this out of conference team etc...

When we recruit and land 5'10 165 corners..lbs that are 5'10-5'11 190-200 coming in...recruit 260pd Dl and play them at Dt.

There is nothing much a S&C can do with that. Every coach has different philosophies. MANNY on Defense wanted guys , especially on the lines to get up the field as fast as possible...so he wasnt recruiting Huge lineman. I dont know wtf he was doing with Lbs though and said that 3 or 4 years ago.

But..You recruit bigger players...They end up Bigger. Uga and Bama s&c arent inventing sh-t just look at the size of their kids coming in to their programs

Material (what you have to work with and have)....matters.

What you get starting off with from a S@C standpoint, is paramount to what you end up with

Mick turned Rocky into a champion.

Working Out Classic Film GIF

Advertisement
I'm curious to hear what insight any insider might be able tell us about what's happening with S & C? Any news on Felds programs or feedback from players?

I'd love to hear about something new in addition to coaching hire updates and guesses.

Thanks

Not joking when I say I keep hearing everyone is sore.

Advertisement
Love that they are working outside and not in the IPF. I'm old school but...

Hopefully, we see more Greentree practices and less IPF.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back