Ruiz stadium update

I mentioned how Gillette Stadium had an entertainment complex adjacent that was brand new and quite nice. HRS is glaringly lacking that or anything comparable nearby. But even with the benefit of adding that and assuming all other amenities stay equal, the university needs to see additional revenue like naming rights or other events to make this worthwhile.

It would be nice to be able to go and eat at a restaurant or hang out at a bar either before or after a game until traffic improves.

Yeah, I haven't been able to figure out why Hard Rock doesn't do something special for the new club area under Sections 117, 118, and 119. Like do "half-price food and beverages" after the game for an hour. The exit is at the side of the stadium, so it would be easy for everyone to leave afterward. You could easily improve the rush of traffic and make some extra food/beverage money by having some "post-game" festivities.

Sorry, just being honest, but the whole approach of the Hard Rock staff is to get us in and out within a pre-set time window (hard opening times for tailgating, trying to empty out the stadum afterwards). What happens the next time we beat the Gaytors or Irish or SemenHoles in our stadium and the fans want to hang around celebrating? Nope, it's more like "get the fvck OUT!".

These things are NOT issues at on-campus stadiums. I know we'll never have a stadium on the UM campus, but I would certainly like to have the atmosphere of it.

Advertisement
Yeah, I haven't been able to figure out why Hard Rock doesn't do something special for the new club area under Sections 117, 118, and 119. Like do "half-price food and beverages" after the game for an hour. The exit is at the side of the stadium, so it would be easy for everyone to leave afterward. You could easily improve the rush of traffic and make some extra food/beverage money by having some "post-game" festivities.

Sorry, just being honest, but the whole approach of the Hard Rock staff is to get us in and out within a pre-set time window (hard opening times for tailgating, trying to empty out the stadum afterwards). What happens the next time we beat the Gaytors or Irish or SemenHoles in our stadium and the fans want to hang around celebrating? Nope, it's more like "get the fvck OUT!".

These things are NOT issues at on-campus stadiums. I know we'll never have a stadium on the UM campus, but I would certainly like to have the atmosphere of it.
And it could promote responsibility by having cabs/uber/lyft available for those who overindulge.

Ruiz should just buy the Dolphins. Ross isn't doing anything with them.

I know I was just giving you my legit concern

That’s a valid concern; and like I’ve said in a previous post, I have no skin this game. I’m not sure if this will come to fruition or not b/c of elected officials. However, I’m not going to sit back & chit on the idea. ****, when Miami went to HRS & I saw the efforts Ross put in, & how Blake “presented” the idea to this fan base, I was happy. It wasn’t until I saw the stadium renderings & those aqua blue seats when I said Ross ain’t did chit for us, this was for him.

I’m all about optimism, even if it needs to be tempered w/ being cautious (like this plan); not to toot my own horn, but it’s why I’ve become successful in life both from biz & personal. Give me a reason to chit on it, & I’ll lay the biggest deuce known, but other than that, y concern ourselves w/ “if’s?”

Right now, we’re in stage 2 of this

Advertisement
And it could promote responsibility by having cabs/uber/lyft available for those who overindulge.

Ruiz should just buy the Dolphins. Ross isn't doing anything with them.

This would be even better, honestly. As a nephew of a Dolphins fan, I’m tired of hearing my unc bytch every yr. Lol

Got it. Have you ever heard the advice that a lawyer should never ask someone on the stand a question the lawyer doesn't already know the answer to?

Well, I just did it anyway. Because I knew in my heart of hearts that you lived north of HRS and this was solely about your own personal convenience. I would have bet six figures.

I don't care how long you've had season tickets. You paid for your tickets and were provided entertainment value in return.

You claim to care about the U but want to stop us from having our own stadium, which means we would not be beholden to the whims of whoever buys the Fins and HRS in the future? You want to stop the University of Miami from having an incredible state of the art facility that is OUR stadium, in OUR colors, designed to serve OUR needs where we aren't an afterthought below tennis? You want to prevent the University of Miami from having this state of the art facility that would lead us into the next century, mere minutes away from campus?

Guess what? UM will survive without you. For every self-interested fan that DOESN'T EVEN LIVE IN MIAMI LET ALONE CORAL GABLES that cares more about their own extra 20 minutes in traffic vs the program having facility security for the next 100 years, that takes their ball and goes home, ten more that live/work/study around and south of the POPULATED AREA of the U will take your place. People will be able to walk and bike to our games that will be located in a beautiful park. Ticket sales will skyrocket.

HRS was a stopgap for when we lost our beloved Orange Bowl. Even when we had the OB there was a movement to try to get something on or closer to campus. HRS isn't the baseline location that the U owes Broward fans, it was the only choice we had, and its not a permanent solution. It's a bummer for everyone that is actually at the U to go to.

I hope you wake up and see how important this is and stay a fan/attendee. But if you don't, oh well.

you sound like my lawyer (me) that get's paid by the word, maybe even the letter. ain't no one got time to read your encyclopedic responses.

"They just added a few seats down low... they did not touch the upper deck"

5qOC1gP.jpg

nkpdznl.jpg

CDZzkiEUgAASFCj.jpg:large

Im in construction and followed this reno every day on skyscrapercity.. a site for construction nerds around the world to follow any major project.

Last game of phase 1 season (no roof)

CXgFdVAWAAAuukU.jpg

This is why you are fighting a losing battle.

Zero reading comprehension. Zero knowledge of science.

Picture 1 - the seating for the upper deck SIDELINES and the ENDZONES are in the exact same spot as they ever were. UNTOUCHED. Taking out the seats in the corners DOES NOT MOVE the sidelines or the end zones. IT DOESN'T. You are a fabricator of bullsh!te.

Picture 2 - I'll give you 5 seconds to explain what they are doing on the left side of the picture and the right side of the picture. You can't. You won't. That's where my seats are, and you're clueless.

You truly do not understand what was done. Nobody said there hasn't been a renovation, but the renovation has not changed WHERE THE SEATS ARE LOCATED, except for some of the seats in the lower deck sideline areas. New seatbacks, sure. A couple more rows up front along the sidelines. Sure. Relocation of every architectural aspect of the stadium? Uh, no.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You're only assuming that the U isn't in on the deal
So far there has been no comprehensive proposal to evaluate. Ruiz was the one that initiated the "I will build a stadium for UM" topic. That is as far as the "disclosure" as gone and it has never once been stated if he would be the sole owner, if UM would pay rent, if UM would have ANY participation in concession revenue or parking revenue. Not a lot of comments can be made on the "merits" of the venture, outside of the fact that UM would potentially have a long term home and not be reliant on whoever is the long term owner of the Dolphins or Hard Rock Stadium. Would be interesting to see an actual comprehensive proposal and not just a "Tropical Park Layout".

Here's a simple graphic for simple people.

The seats in all other areas (upper deck sidelines/end zones, club seating level, lower bowl end zones, and most of the lower bowl sidelines) are still LOCATED as far from the middle of the field as they HAVE ALWAYS BEEN.

Are some seats closer? Sure. Are the seatbacks new? Absolutely. Is the stadium louder? Yes it is.

Does it still FEEL like a cavern inside, like your average seat is farther away from the action compared to the same (basic) seat at other college stadiums? Inarguably.

1657738734334.webp

Advertisement
Those seats they added way down in front are no good anyway unless you want to stare directly up the *** of all 85 players. Nothing changed in terms of the average seat in that place being further from the field than a typical football-only stadium.

Those seats they added way down in front are no good anyway unless you want to stare directly up the *** of all 85 players. Nothing changed in terms of the average seat in that place being further from the field than a typical football-only stadium.

Yes. In fact, we REDUCED capacity in one of the best seating areas along the "home" sideline when they built the "LaZ-Boy section" (sorry, the "72 Club" and the "72 Club Living Room Box") and "The Nines".

And wake me up when they put seats in Club LIV.

Yes. In fact, we REDUCED capacity in one of the best seating areas along the "home" sideline when they built the "LaZ-Boy section" (sorry, the "72 Club" and the "72 Club Living Room Box") and "The Nines".

And wake me up when they put seats in Club LIV.

Are they considering putting more seats in the LIV area? That's where my two seats are.

Advertisement
UM M.B.A. Drop out and current season ticket holder for years here. Do i love HRS and the fan experience. **** YEAH!

Would i still be a season ticket holder if we played at Tropical Park/ Suniland park/ traz powell / etc etc. **** YEAH!

I feel everyone who actually goes to games will support our team wherever our home is.

My unsolicited 2 cents.

Are they considering putting more seats in the LIV area? That's where my two seats are.

I'm saying that pre-Club-LIV, that was a normal club seating area. So the seating capacity in that area has been reduced from what it was originally. If they want to go back to "the original", fine, but otherwise, that is an area of reduced seating capacity.

But there you go again. Making up the boogyman. :)

Ruiz literally said 65k this week. HRS is 65,***. It's located in a PARK. Ruiz said a lot of parking will be all around the park. Tailgating in a park would be incredible. There will be accommodations for game day. So nah amigo.

HRS is a great stadium. In a terrible, industrial, soulless location, a location that is senseless for our school (teams literally negatively recruit against us for it fwiw), we don't generate enough game day revenue from it, and most importantly, its a privately owned stadium where we are the 4th priority (and growing), a stadium that we have no legal right to playing in when our contract expires. What if a Gator or a weirdo buys the stadium next? I just don't think a lot of people understand the security and sovereignty aspect of the equation. See the whole field, so to speak. Because its everything. If Tropical Park happens the way the Ruiz' are saying it would, this is a lottery ticket for any and every UM fan. Because it will benefit our program in so many ways.
What Ruiz says and what actually happens are two different things. I do believe if anybody can get it done he can. I’m just trying to figure out the logistics of getting 65,000 into Tripica Park including spaces that’s all.

Advertisement
Back