Ruiz family attempting to build a stadium in Coral Gables...

…..This guys entire net worth is tied into this IPO.

I think most of his projected future net worth is tied up into this IPO. Not sure what his worth now maybe 1 billion or a couple of billion, something like that. But all that projected 22+ billion dollars is tied into that SPAC/IPO. So there’s quite a bit of risk associated with that, by definition, and also as in risk of it not coming to fruition. I hope it does, I certainly do.

Advertisement
I mean Harvard has some titles and their stadium seats 30k.

Modern era, homey. You know the assumed guidelines for college football discussions.

Seriously though, we'll regret it if UM ends up in a 50K seat stadium. It'll make games against Savannah State "feel" better but it will hurt when it counts, when an Ohio State or Texas A&M comes to town.

I think most of his projected future net worth is tied up into this IPO. Not sure what his worth now maybe 1 billion or a couple of billion, something like that. But all that projected 22+ billion dollars is tied into that SPAC/IPO. So there’s quite a bit of risk associated with that, by definition, and also as in risk of it not coming to fruition. I hope it does, I certainly do.

They already cut some side deals selling off part of their recovery assets worth a lot of money. He’s already cashed a couple hundred million at least.

Modern era, homey. You know the assumed guidelines for college football discussions.

Seriously though, we'll regret it if UM ends up in a 50K seat stadium. It'll make games against Savannah State "feel" better but it will hurt when it counts, when an Ohio State or Texas A&M comes to town.
I raise you the University of Central Florida.

Advertisement
With less seats the cost of seats would go up. The Atlanta Braves downsized when they moved from Turner to Truist but the experience is a million times better.

You can’t compare college football stadium, to an MLB stadium where they play at least 81 games a year.

They already cut some side deals selling off part of their recovery assets worth a lot of money. He’s already cashed a couple hundred million at least.

I’m pretty sure he’s worth at least over 1 billion I think I saw something along those lines. No that’s not T Boone Pickens money, I’d like to see him have a lot more and send it our way

Wait. Put a few seconds back on the clock. I retract my amendment from the previous post. No team has won a national title with a stadium less than 65K in seating capacity. Half a title doesnt count.

BYU Stadium. (Note BYU won their national title in 1984)

FromWikipedia:

The stadium was expanded in 1982 to accommodate more than 65,000; permanent concrete stands in the end zones, separated by entryways from the east and west grandstands, were put in place of the temporary bleachers. The playing field was lowered 8 feet (2.4 m), and the running track was removed to make room for six additional rows.[3]

sauce:

Advertisement

No offense to the one UCF grad in this thread, but that’s an erector set, metal bench stadium. It’s horrible. People are going to hate going from HRH to that type of stadium. This is a Miami crowd. The money people aren’t going to want to go to a glorified high school stadium.

I really don’t believe about 14k less fans would really matter. What’s Autzen hold again?

Advertisement
Wait. Put a few seconds back on the clock. I retract my amendment from the previous post. No team has won a national title with a stadium less than 65K in seating capacity. Half a title doesnt count.

BYU Stadium. (Note BYU won their national title in 1984)

FromWikipedia:

The stadium was expanded in 1982 to accommodate more than 65,000; permanent concrete stands in the end zones, separated by entryways from the east and west grandstands, were put in place of the temporary bleachers. The playing field was lowered 8 feet (2.4 m), and the running track was removed to make room for six additional rows.[3]

sauce:
You better hope that Cincinnati doesn't win it all.

The only way to University Of Miami will ever have its own stadium, and I mean ever, is for a deep pockets multibillionaire to build it on his own dime. Minimum we are talking between $500 million-$1 billion to make something that people want to go to.

This is literally the only way it’s possible.

As far as the land and the moving of the high school, I’m no expert on the feasibility of that. But the first step is a deep pockets billionaire that is willing to pay for it himself, and not ask for any kind of governmental funding. The actual money and how to secure the funding has always been the issue. Obviously it’s never going to be built on campus, but if they can get around 20 acres somewhere else and solve the traffic feasibility, it’s possible. But I would say it’s a miracle if ground is broken in 2022.
Show me on the map how you plan to get to the stadium because if you think you’re going to take Lejeune Road in an out with 50,000 people you’re living in dreamland.

Advertisement
Show me on the map how you plan to get to the stadium because if you think you’re going to take Lejeune Road in an out with 50,000 people you’re living in dreamland.

I’ve already said the parking/traffic is a big issue, and the only way to resolve it is probably literally with hundreds of millions of dollars worth of civic/road improvements, roads, just a ton of infrastructure. So the question is how is that possible.

But I will as a fan, and a donor, humor this shlt, as long as these guys are going to put money into the actual program infrastructure, and pay big money for big-time coaches and assistants and program upgrades.

Advertisement
Back