Ruiz family attempting to build a stadium in Coral Gables...

Any body been to Baylors’ home games? That would would probably be the model we copy.

Advertisement
Bruh, do you realize how expensive that would be? C’mon. I’ll take a canopy to keep noise level in and rain away.
Hey. If we’re building a stadium then it needs to be a state of the art middle finger to the SEC. just saying brotha. I’ll settle for a setup like the rock has now though. I just wanna know how somebody felt about Baylor’s field. That seats 45,000 and was supposedly impressive.

Advertisement
50k puts us on par with UNC (50.5k), Stanford (50k), and Syracuse (49.2k). For a school our size it's fine. Like you said design it well and it will be plenty loud. Leaving it with an open endzone for possible renovations would be great as well.

50K is nowhere near big enough. When we play a big game against a team with a bigtime fanbase, their fans will end up with 40% of the seats. It needs to be a minimum of 65K because of big games.

You cannot name a single bigtime program with a sub 65K stadium. Certainly none that have won a national title.

Do NOT buy into the small private skool nonsense. UM is Miami's team and Miami is a large market.

50K is nowhere near big enough. When we play a big game against a team with a bigtime fanbase, their fans will end up with 40% of the seats. It needs to be a minimum of 65K because of big games.

You cannot name a single bigtime program with a sub 65K stadium. Certainly none that have won a national title.

Do NOT buy into the small private skool nonsense. UM is Miami's team and Miami is a large market.
Stop being greedy, dude. Let's start at 50K and grow from there.

Georgia Tech's stadium seats 55k. BYU's stadium seats 63K.

Advertisement
Gables it ain't happening. City commissioner would get lynched on his front lawn if he put that kind of traffic around that old money with nowhere for it to go. If a stadium were to happen(which eventually it will) most likely it's tamiami or tropical with only other possibility near the airport.
Tamiami as in next to FIU?

In 1990, Colorado and Georgia Tech shared the national championship.

Folsom Field sits 50,183; Bobby Dodd sits 55,000.

I agree with you re: capacity, I just wanted to address the national title part.

Advertisement
I don’t believe anyone mentioned Minnesota Gophers newer stadium. Seats about 51k and can be expanded to 80k with renovations.

Advertisement
Stop being greedy, dude. Let's start at 50K and grow from there.

You people dont realize what it will do if we build a 50K seat stadium. The ticket prices for big games will be un approachable for many fans. Season ticket prices will skyrocket.

And most importantly, in big games teams like UF, Ohio State, and others will end up with half of the stadium seats. 50K capacity would be a big **** you to the bulk of the UM fanbase.

The Bloomberg article on him also casts him as a perplexing figure. That twitter thread is eviscerating but maybe he's just a hater?

IDK, it's definitely an unconventional story. What's the timeline for this merger to be approved? Need it go down ASAP.

GA Tech only has half a title so that doesnt meet the criteria I posted. :11263726654-a089dabd70-o:. lol

BYU's only title was a fluke. Beating a 6-5 Michigan team in a bowl game. But I'll allow your example here and amend my previous statement to...

63K or larger
I mean Harvard has some titles and their stadium seats 30k.

Advertisement
Back