QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Do you have the breakdown of the completion % by depth of target?
I don't have access to it so I asked someone that does these analytics. Here's what I got

9 - 9.5 each of the last 3 years.

Approx 9.5 in 2022 and 9.25 this year. Clean pocket timing was cut down significantly this year due to OL woes.

For comparison in 2023
Bo Nix - 7.0
JJ McCarthy - 10.3
Jayden Daniels - 10.3

10 is considered elite. 9-9.99 is good to very good. 8.0 - 9 is pretty average-average. 7.5-8 is below average. Sub 7.5 is poor (relative to the rest of CFB on a bell curve)

The bottom of CFB is Mertz (6.7), Fifita (6.9), Klubnik (7), and Nix (7)

I will be the Mope and ask.

What if Mario whiffs on top QBs??

Remember he brought in Anthony Brown after Herbert.
It seems like there's a greater supply of quality QBs in the portal this year, compared to 2020. That doesn't mean he won't whiff, which is why I think a lot of people are hoping he tries to get 2 transfers. No excuse for your example, because it is a concern, but... IIRC, Brown was a late addition to Oregon and came in after Spring Practice in April, and doubt there were many good options for him (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Miami and Mario seem to be moving fast and deliberate in trying to identify their guy(s). There should always be a concern that he/they overthink it and the process goes on and on and we whiff... it doesn't have to be hard, get a top-flight guy with proven production.

Advertisement
when i watched Arkansas this year he looked inaccurate.
I’m a fan of Arky and I completely agree. He’s looked that way every year to be honest. He got away with it more before with taller physical receivers who could get to the ball, and a better o-line.

I‘ll also add that - to me at least - every close game they had the last few years, when he had a chance to come up clutch - he’d whiff and blow it.

Kj
Wanted to make sure to show sacks as well

how many times was vandime sacked?
Screenshot_20231130_174833_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Back