QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Advertisement
Better than Will Rogers. That might be your alternative
I'm gonna be extremely disappointed if Rogers is the guy they choose to invest all that money in. A weak armed system QB with cement legs? Unless the plan is to inch their way down the field, I just don't see how spacing wouldn't be a problem with him at QB. Especially with the way they use TEs.

I'm gonna be extremely disappointed if Rogers is the guy they choose to invest all that money in. A weak armed system QB with cement legs? Unless the plan is to inch their way down the field, I just don't see how spacing wouldn't be a problem with him at QB. Especially with the way they use TEs.
Not sure where you're seeing that. He's mobile enough when he needs to be and arm strength seems to be more than adequate

I only know of one player who’s gotten the full treatment and they haven’t backed out yet.

It’s possible they’re working with multiple guys at the same time, that I don’t know.
I certainly hope they are working with multiple guys at the same time. That’s what the alleged “war room” is supposed be for, lol.

I’m not a fan of putting all your eggs in one basket unless you go all in and I mean ALL IN with an offer that we know ahead of time is absolutely far and above what any other school could wish to match (and that’s not going to happen).

Advertisement
Not all the time since they suck at gambling but for portal and injury updates + general football convo, absolutely. Makes a lot of sense for Brown.
I enjoy the podcast, but the amount of ball washing they do for FSU has turned me off. It’s basically an FSU pod in disguise

Am I crazy to think that KJ with this OL would essentially have an outside WR 1-on-1 literally 100% of the time? And if you combined that with a genuine top-tier outside threat...you're talking video game numbers.
Exactly.

Dawson's system is far more effective with a QB with the run element. As is any offense - assuming you can make all the throws.. which he can.

He's not D'Eriq King with quickness and agility but he can make plays with his legs and would help us drastically in short yardage and red zone. He should know the passing concepts from playing under Briles who uses similar designs based off traditional air-raid philosophy. Dawson and Briles have adapted down different paths but the foundations are similar.

Advertisement
My top 5 portal QBs *for us* as of right now:

1) Riley Leonard (of course, ND lean rumored)
2) Will Howard
3) Grayson McCall
4) Cam Ward (should he enter the portal)
5) Will Rogers

Our Portal QB should be one of those 5 kids. Period. Then add in another portal QB add for depth/experience to push them...maybe one of the kids jumping up from FCS or mid-major.

The only ways my list above changes is if 1) Cam Ward doesn't hop in the portal, or 2) there's a better QB than those kids that hops in the portal that wants to be at Miami. That being said - that's the level of kid we need Mario to land in the portal to help solidify the QB position next season.

EDIT - Should he enter the portal, Michael Pratt would be way up there for me. I just think he'd fit us like a glove. He's not in the portal (yet) so that's why I didn't include him.
Have you seen Riley throw the ball?
He shouldn't be in our top 25

Advertisement

I honestly wouldn’t hate it. Think he has got a lot better and would probably fit our identity. Not my 1st choice at all. If we went that route, need to also try and grab a highly touted kid buried on a depth chart somewhere or looking for a change (ie donte Moore or UGA backup etc.)

Attachments

• C660A8C2-75DC-4D60-B665-A6AF11D846C2.png
    C660A8C2-75DC-4D60-B665-A6AF11D846C2.png
    822 KB · Views: 0
My top 5 portal QBs *for us* as of right now:

1) Riley Leonard (of course, ND lean rumored)
2) Will Howard
3) Grayson McCall
4) Cam Ward (should he enter the portal)
5) Will Rogers

Our Portal QB should be one of those 5 kids. Period. Then add in another portal QB add for depth/experience to push them...maybe one of the kids jumping up from FCS or mid-major.

The only ways my list above changes is if 1) Cam Ward doesn't hop in the portal, or 2) there's a better QB than those kids that hops in the portal that wants to be at Miami. That being said - that's the level of kid we need Mario to land in the portal to help solidify the QB position next season.

EDIT - Should he enter the portal, Michael Pratt would be way up there for me. I just think he'd fit us like a glove. He's not in the portal (yet) so that's why I didn't include him.
Pratt is going to the league he all ready accepted a senior bowl invite

Advertisement
I honestly wouldn’t hate it. Think he has got a lot better and would probably fit our identity. Not my 1st choice at all. If we went that route, need to also try and grab a highly touted kid buried on a depth chart somewhere or looking for a change (ie donte Moore or UGA backup etc.)
Pay one get two: DJ's backup at Oregon State would be ideal. Aidan Chiles, special prospect.

Have you seen Riley throw the ball?
He shouldn't be in our top 25
1) Your opinion, make your own list if you disagree. My list was simply my opinion. 🤷‍♂️

2) He's no worse than McCall arm strength wise. I like his improvisation and running skills better. He's not a healthy TVD arm strength wise but you don't *have* to have that to be an effective QB in an Air Raid style system.

Advertisement
Back