Advertisement
Updated rankings with today's entries:
1. KJ Jefferson - Arkansas
2. Grayson McCall - Coastal Carolina
3. Max Brosmer - New Hampshire
4. Will Howard - K State
5. Riley Leonard - Duke
6. Will Rogers - Miss State

Honorable mention: Hank Bachmeier - decent experienced player. Worst case scenario type of addition

Darkhorse multi-year candidate
1. Brendan Sorsby - Indiana
2. Katin Houser - Mich State
3. Sam Leavitt - Mich State

KJJ would be the quintessential Mario pick - a guy who is FiZiKuLl and can run tUfF

/pass

65% passer that opens up a non-existent element that Miami has never had… physical QB run… and to go behind that OL and in the same backfield as Fletcher. Insane if you don’t want that.

He can throw it too. Don’t be fooled.

I think he’s an underwhelming passer.

But, he’s probably a good, safe pick for Mario.

Advertisement
4. Will Howard - K State
5. Riley Leonard - Duke

Honorable mention: Hank Bachmeier - decent experienced player. Worst case scenario type of addition

Do you think we could get two from this list, a clear front running starter and a guy willing to wait a year then be the heir apparent?

Do you think we could get two from this list, a clear front running starter and a guy willing to wait a year then be the heir apparent?
All are final year guys except the Mich state pair and the Indiana kid. It would have to be one of the top guys paired with one of those 3. I don’t see it

I think he’s an underwhelming passer.

But, he’s probably a good, safe pick for Mario.
2021 - 10th in passer rating, 7th in yards per pass attempt, 17th in completion %

2022 - 7th in the nation in passer rating, 12 in yards per pass attempt, 13th in completion %

Pretty **** good. 2023 he was subject to Dan Enos’ offense.

Advertisement
2021 - 10th in passer rating, 7th in yards per pass attempt, 17th in completion %

2022 - 7th in the nation in passer rating, 12 in yards per pass attempt, 13th in completion %

Pretty **** good. 2023 he was subject to Dan Enos’ offense.

In 2023 - his 5th year of cfb - he managed 2100 yards. Enos or not, that is underwhelming. Even the prior year, he wasn't in the top 50 in yards, atttemps, completions, etc. So, he may be efficient, but he's not gonna carve you up and he's an underdeveloped passer with an odd throwing motion. Like I said, he's a proficient, plodding QB who can run the read zone, but he's not going to wow you with his passing.

In 2023 - his 5th year of cfb - he managed 2100 yards. Enos or not, that is underwhelming. Even the prior year, he wasn't in the top 50 in yards, atttemps, completions, etc. So, he may be efficient, but he's not gonna carve you up and he's an underdeveloped passer with an odd throwing motion. Like I said, he's a proficient, plodding QB who can run the read zone, but he's not going to wow you with his passing.
He’s a dual threat QB in an offense that had the 6th most rushing attempts per game in the country in 2022 and 9th most in 2021.

Of course he doesn’t have as many yards or attempts

4. Will Howard - K State
5. Riley Leonard - Duke

KJ would eat at Miami behind our line. And he can get the ball out quicker than you think.
Personally not as high as McCall or Leonard, but they are going elsewhere regardless.

I’m biased, but I think of the multi year candidates, Sorsby would be a great addition. I know he’ll likely end up in Big 12 or a Texas school, but that guy has a really good arm. Also noticed that he’s following and being followed by Brohm (Louisville). JS…

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mighta been Houser. I saw a video of his today. Looked like a decent option, not QB1 but intriguing.

As Portal QB2 being developmental and having experience with eligibility to compete with the others in 2025 - Yes!!! 💯

Not as option 1.

This year is too important. Need a sure fire QB for this year.

Advertisement
I only know of one player who’s gotten the full treatment and they haven’t backed out yet.

It’s possible they’re working with multiple guys at the same time, that I don’t know.
Is that one player receptive or waiting it out longer?

Advertisement
Back