Ranked (in my opinion - based on fit in this offense):
1. Max Brosmer - New Hampshire
2. Will Howard - K State
3. Will Rogers - MSU
4. Brendan Sorsby - Indiana
5. Matt Sluka - Holy Cross
Darkhorse 1: Katin Houser - Mich State
Darkhorse 2: Sam Leavitt - Mich State

-Not sure which of the Michigan State transfers I was watching earlier this year but one of them looked like they had very good tools. Running and throwing it. I think it was against Minnesota.
-Cam Ward immediately goes to 1 on this list if he enters
-The Chiles kid from Oregon State would intrigue me if he enters - definitely gets on the list at least to 5. As high as 3.
-Will Rogers isn't my first choice (obviously) but is a safe bet. Not as 'gifted' as TVD but also less likely to hit that mega slump mid year. This is a 10 win team with Rogers under center in 2024. I'd almost just say take him now and move on. Maybe even grab someone like Leavitt too with multiple years of eligibility to go with him. Budget friendly move and guarantee we get someone solid. The longer it goes the worse things will get for Miami. Not saying right now, portal hasn't even opened officially, but before Christmas. Still want us to prioritize good mobility at QB and Rogers isn't that.
Chiles is going to msu. Katin houser is good i'd take him but he will go closer to home

Advertisement
Whatever QB we go with. I think we need one with Moxy/chip on his shoulder/plays with fire. That’s just my opinion. We are one of the most hated teams in the country (by opposing fans and refs). I think having someone like that would go a LONG way

Have to think Chiles is going to MSU with his coach, which makes sense why all the Sparta QBs are bouncing if they know they won’t get a fair chance to start next year.

Brosman would be a great fit and isn’t afraid to pull it and run on those read options.
He is going to msu

Updated rankings with today's entries:
1. KJ Jefferson - Arkansas
2. Grayson McCall - Coastal Carolina
3. Max Brosmer - New Hampshire
4. Will Howard - K State
5. Riley Leonard - Duke
6. Will Rogers - Miss State

Honorable mention: Hank Bachmeier - decent experienced player. Worst case scenario type of addition

Darkhorse multi-year candidate
1. Brendan Sorsby - Indiana
2. Katin Houser - Mich State
3. Sam Leavitt - Mich State
Do you like Sorsby?

65% passer that opens up a non-existent element that Miami has never had… physical QB run… and to go behind that OL and in the same backfield as Fletcher. Insane if you don’t want that.

He can throw it too. Don’t be fooled.
when i watched Arkansas this year he looked inaccurate.

Advertisement
I hope whatever guy we bring in actually wants to spend time with his teammates, and shows some fire (doesn’t have to be all the time lol). Oh and maybe one whose OL and other teammates pick him up when he’s on the ground. Noticed that quite a few times this year where he was left alone even after being smashed. Thought it was strange but it goes with things I’ve heard on the relationship he had with the rest of the team.

I am one that does think Mario and Dawson deserve quite a bit of blame for the offensive struggles, but we need a guy with the intangibles and leadership qualities I think that position requires.

Advertisement
I know but he hasn’t entered the portal and last I seen was he was leaning towards going pro
The things I have read indicate if he does transfer out of Duke, he's succeeding Hartman at ND. But yeah - for sure, he could go pro. None of us knows for sure...dunno what to tell you there homie.

EDIT - One thing I will say is I've seen you talk about how bad of a QB he is and how you don't want him here, but are pushing hard about reading about him going pro. Math isn't mathing there bud. If he's not a good college QB per you, why would he be going pro?

Ranked (in my opinion - based on fit in this offense):
1. Max Brosmer - New Hampshire
2. Will Howard - K State
3. Will Rogers - MSU
4. Brendan Sorsby - Indiana
5. Matt Sluka - Holy Cross
Darkhorse 1: Katin Houser - Mich State
Darkhorse 2: Sam Leavitt - Mich State

-Not sure which of the Michigan State transfers I was watching earlier this year but one of them looked like they had very good tools. Running and throwing it. I think it was against Minnesota.
-Cam Ward immediately goes to 1 on this list if he enters
-The Chiles kid from Oregon State would intrigue me if he enters - definitely gets on the list at least to 5. As high as 3.
-Will Rogers isn't my first choice (obviously) but is a safe bet. Not as 'gifted' as TVD but also less likely to hit that mega slump mid year. This is a 10 win team with Rogers under center in 2024. I'd almost just say take him now and move on. Maybe even grab someone like Leavitt too with multiple years of eligibility to go with him. Budget friendly move and guarantee we get someone solid. The longer it goes the worse things will get for Miami. Not saying right now, portal hasn't even opened officially, but before Christmas. Still want us to prioritize good mobility at QB and Rogers isn't that.
Idk anything about Brosmer but he had 3 ints against Villanova this year.. only team he played with a pulse

Idk anything about Brosmer but he had 3 ints against Villanova this year.. only team he played with a pulse
Almost 500 yards against Central Michigan. That was the best team they played

Some risk since he’s coming from FCS. I think he’s an excellent fit in the Wake offense with slow mesh. He makes great reads from the mesh point, excellent in RPO, and can make plays with his legs.

Advertisement
That would be a really good fit (obviously since Smith is there) primarily because his play is perfect for the B1G.
Yup. I would be shocked if it's anywhere else unless he has some personal vendetta against Clemson and wants to embarrass them or something lol.

Advertisement
The things I have read indicate if he does transfer out of Duke, he's succeeding Hartman at ND. But yeah - for sure, he could go pro. None of us knows for sure...dunno what to tell you there homie.

EDIT - One thing I will say is I've seen you talk about how bad of a QB he is and how you don't want him here, but are pushing hard about reading about him going pro. Math isn't mathing there bud. If he's not a good college QB per you, why would he be going pro?
We was talking about Pratt bud. Might want to recalculate your math

Advertisement
Back