QBS in the Portal as of 11/28

Has any insider said anything about the QB's currently in the portal?

I have a feeling miami has their guy but he just hasn't entered yet...

Advertisement
Has any insider said anything about the QB's currently in the portal?

I have a feeling miami has their guy but he just hasn't entered yet...
Not particularly.
Geo said we are after Will Howard and Rogers. Not pursuing Leonard.

Bud Elliot says Malik Murphy to Miami.

Advertisement
Exactly.

Dawson's system is far more effective with a QB with the run element. As is any offense - assuming you can make all the throws.. which he can.

He's not D'Eriq King with quickness and agility but he can make plays with his legs and would help us drastically in short yardage and red zone. He should know the passing concepts from playing under Briles who uses similar designs based off traditional air-raid philosophy. Dawson and Briles have adapted down different paths but the foundations are similar.
I’d love KJ as an option…

I’m a fan of Arky and I completely agree. He’s looked that way every year to be honest. He got away with it more before with taller physical receivers who could get to the ball, and a better o-line.

I‘ll also add that - to me at least - every close game they had the last few years, when he had a chance to come up clutch - he’d whiff and blow it.
Ya I agree I am not hating on kid. I liked watching Arkansas I'm actually a fan of Pittman but he looked like he couldn't even throw it.

ESPN ranked the transfer portal QBs:
1. Will Howard
2. Grayson McCall
3. Tyler Shough
4. Max Brosmer
5. TVD
6. Will Rogers
7. EJ Warner
8. Brendan Sorsby
9. Athan Kaliakmanis
10. Nate Johnson
11. Katin Houser
12. Mitch Griffis

Off the board: Max Johnson to NC
How much did Kurt pay ESPN for them to put his son 7? lol dude is atrocious

Advertisement
With our OL and skill players what QB don't wanna come? It's like here's the keys to the Ferrari don't **** it up like TVD did

65% passer that opens up a non-existent element that Miami has never had… physical QB run… and to go behind that OL and in the same backfield as Fletcher. Insane if you don’t want that.

He can throw it too. Don’t be fooled.
I think Kj should be our top pick. He's Arkansas all-time passing yards leader, passing touchdowns leaders and passing completions leader. Yet there are people on this board saying he can't throw

I think Will Howard is probably the perfect fit for what Dawson seems to want to do on offense. I didn't realize dude was 6'5" 240, he doesn't look that big on tape (🐾).

Advertisement
I think u man are selling Will Rogers short. He threw for a gazzillion yards in the SEC, in 2021, his lowest yardage was 290, then 294. He threw for 300 or more in every game. In the conference that accumulates the most combined talent has proven in draft days. He had a down season because his now fired coach installed a drastically different offense. Something alot of man chastised Mario for here last year. I think he would do well with Dawson. And he is not a statue like TVD, yall either never watched his film or making **** up there. He can scramble out of trouble

I don't have access to it so I asked someone that does these analytics. Here's what I got

9 - 9.5 each of the last 3 years.

Approx 9.5 in 2022 and 9.25 this year. Clean pocket timing was cut down significantly this year due to OL woes.

For comparison in 2023
Bo Nix - 7.0
JJ McCarthy - 10.3
Jayden Daniels - 10.3

10 is considered elite. 9-9.99 is good to very good. 8.0 - 9 is pretty average-average. 7.5-8 is below average. Sub 7.5 is poor (relative to the rest of CFB on a bell curve)

The bottom of CFB is Mertz (6.7), Fifita (6.9), Klubnik (7), and Nix (7)
Thats why i was critical of Bryce Young and see he is struggling bad in the NFL. He led the nation in 2021 in yards from short passes. You have to throw the intermediate routes to move the ball in the NFL and against good teams in college, they take away the rest.

I think Kj should be our top pick. He's Arkansas all-time passing yards leader, passing touchdowns leaders and passing completions leader. Yet there are people on this board saying he can't throw
Is he the best pure passer out there? No. But he can make every throw and adds an element we’ve never had.

And he’s got some moxie and competitiveness

Advertisement
Is he the best pure passer out there? No. But he can make every throw and adds an element we’ve never had.

And he’s got some moxie and competitiveness
The knock on him is that he hasn’t performed well in late game situations.

Kstate fans are torn about Howard leaving. Some are happy and say he was going to be beat out by Avery the backup anyways.

Seems strange. Maybe that's there way of coping with the loss?

Advertisement
Back