Purdue at Miami on December 8th 2020 at 5 pm on ESPN2

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't underestimate this effort. Down 20 in the first half, shooting a horrific percentage from 3, missing our biggest scoring threat, missing our best incoming freshman... This is an outstanding win. Congrats to Coach L; congrats to the players. We have a team that can make some noise. Now let's get a couple commits from big men and put us in a good position for a couple more years.

Last edited:
I love going back and reading all the early crying
The early crying (plenty by me) is somewhat warranted. They were atrocious in the first half and really showed poor spacing and passing. Still have to work on their free throw shooting but great adjustments were made at half.

The early crying (plenty by me) is somewhat warranted. They were atrocious in the first half and really showed poor spacing and passing. Still have to work on their free throw shooting but great adjustments were made at half.
Yea he just wants to run his mouth when he was probably watching the game having the same reactions we were. Anyways, great comeback and adjustments and let’s get Lykes back next game.

Advertisement
Add in Timberlake and Lykes (we only went 1-17 on our 3's) and season could be very interesting. Need to make FTs (we've ALWAYS been good at the line; need to have these guys shoot 100 a day) and, hit the boards harder.

Crying about our first half performance, such as "we are playing poorly", was warranted. Comments about the quality of our team and coaching, such as "we are poorly coached" or "L needs to go" or "this team stinks", were premature. You can't evaluate a team based on 20 minutes, or even 40 minutes, for that matter. Remember that next time we play poorly for a half :cool:

Crying about our first half performance, such as "we are playing poorly", was warranted. Comments about the quality of our team and coaching, such as "we are poorly coached" or "L needs to go" or "this team stinks", were premature. You can't evaluate a team based on 20 minutes, or even 40 minutes, for that matter. Remember that next time we play poorly for a half :cool:
I never said we are poorly coached or L needs to go but I will remember. Maybe I’ll wait till game is over to do the posting.

Advertisement
Obviously I’m one of those guys who prematurely said this is over and ragged on Beverly all first half. Honestly, that was one of the worst halves I’ve ever seen played in a long time. I kept in the back of my head Lykes and Timberlake are out and it’s game 3 of the season. But it was extremely frustrating watching lack of effort by some players, the turnovers, and missed free throws that half. Glad we turned it around and seeing that second half proved to me this team won’t give up this year and we shouldn’t be counted out of any game.

Advertisement
Back