Purdue at Miami on December 8th 2020 at 5 pm on ESPN2

What exactly defines "athleticism." He made a few acrobatic reverse layups last night and sky'ed for a dunk off a lob. Both require athleticism, at least by my definition.
Fair point, and I'm not trying to attack the kid. I like his game. But he isn't super fast and doesn't consistently elevate.

Advertisement
Fair point, and I'm not trying to attack the kid. I like his game. But he isn't super fast and doesn't consistently elevate.
I understand. I'd still rather have a kid who has good basketball skills (especially the ability to score) as opposed to primarily relying on athleticism. (Cross seems another non-athlete, but a kid with clearly a lot of court savvy and basketball skills.)

DeQuan Jones was athletic as ****, but couldn't shoot. If your primary skills are running and jumping (like DQJ's were), you probably fit better in a program that runs a fast-breaking, end-to-end style that can maximize that athleticism.

Advertisement
When Timberlake & Lykes are back this team is gonna be pretty deep with legit talent. I'd say we're a dark horse team in what looks like a down ACC.
Clemson looked great in the first half today against a very good Maryland team. Maryland tried to come back from 20+ down and at one point cut Clemson's lead in half.

Clemson didn't handle Maryland's press all that well in the second half. Still, Clemson has two good shooting guards and 240 pound Aamir Simms inside.

Clemson looked great in the first half today against a very good Maryland team. Maryland tried to come back from 20+ down and at one point cut Clemson's lead in half.

Clemson didn't handle Maryland's press all that well in the second half. Still, Clemson has two good shooting guards and 240 pound Aamir Simms inside.
I think it's gonna be a dark horse year in the ACC. Obviously teams still haven't meshed yet but I'm not impressed by unc, dook, or uva. They don't look like normal years. That could change & likely will.

I think it's gonna be a dark horse year in the ACC. Obviously teams still haven't meshed yet but I'm not impressed by unc, dook, or uva. They don't look like normal years. That could change & likely will.
Duke doesn’t have the impact freshmen that’s we’ve seen over the past decade. Indeed, Duke's so bad/mediocre that Coach K is suddenly concerned with the integrity of the season and wants the season postponed for months. UNC is mediocre, UVA is mediocre.
Outside of the conference, UK is mediocre, Kansas is mediocre.
UM has the chance to be as good as most teams not named Gonzaga or Nova. Not saying UM is great but rather that college basketball lacks impact freshmen. As such, teams with good coaching and good upper class men will thrive.

Advertisement
Hey fella? You ain't "we".....trust me.
Yep, I sure am , live with it. Have you been to all 10 Nc games, 5 College world series and numerous Ncca Basketball tourney games? 35 year season ticket holder, etc. Not bragging, just pointing out the stupidity of your statement. I doubt it!! A free forum poster claiming a special subgroup. Lmao. Bye son.

I watched the game. Yes the firs half was ugly, but the team did not quit, nor did I.

Yep, I sure am , live with it. Have you been to all 10 Nc games, 5 College world series and numerous Ncca Basketball tourney games? 35 year season ticket holder, etc. Not bragging, just pointing out the stupidity of your statement. I doubt it!! A free forum poster claiming a special subgroup. Lmao. Bye son.
I guarantee you haven't, that's all that is necessary pom pom boy. I have been on this train since my first game at OB at 8. I can give directions where it used to be when you ask nicely.

Stop telling people how to be a fan. Your nothing but one cog in the wheel.

The men's basketball team played a ****** first half against the Purdue Boilermakers in the 2020 ACC-Big 10 Challenge. It happened, don't cry about it....and don't get on the rag and ****y when other fans don't like it. It's ok for fans to want their team to perform top notch all the time.

Sure, it's not feasible, but some of us have higher standards. We don't jump off the wagon or leave the team high and dry, but we actually voice our disapproval. You are welcome to be the more millennial, progressive...don't you dare ever criticize or discuss this team without glowing words and support for a better day type, but you don't have to force your unicorns and rainbows down the throat of other fans. Fan and let fan.

I guarantee you haven't, that's all that is necessary pom pom boy. I have been on this train since my first game at OB at 8. I can give directions where it used to be when you ask nicely.

Stop telling people how to be a fan. Your nothing but one cog in the wheel.

The men's basketball team played a ****** first half against the Purdue Boilermakers in the 2020 ACC-Big 10 Challenge. It happened, don't cry about it....and don't get on the rag and ****y when other fans don't like it. It's ok for fans to want their team to perform top notch all the time.

Sure, it's not feasible, but some of us have higher standards. We don't jump off the wagon or leave the team high and dry, but we actually voice our disapproval. You are welcome to be the more millennial, progressive...don't you dare ever criticize or discuss this team without glowing words and support for a better day type, but you don't have to force your unicorns and rainbows down the throat of other fans. Fan and let fan.
You just were not listening. I have very high standards, but I will not post garbage posts during a game to fire the coach and bash the players to death. There is a way to voice disapproval. And you guarantee I have not what? You tell me not to do certain things and then you tell me how to behave, mirror time. And let me know when you find a team to root for that performs at a high level ALL the time!! Well we will agree to disagree on some things. Go canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back