OT Gators nervous

Advertisement
So I have a friend that is "connected" to the UF compliance office, and his info has been good in the past. Well, he says they are worried. It seems that they have 13 verbals and some of them are soft. They have several OVs set but they fear some are guys trying to flip others to other schools. They suspect that this is the direct result of kids not buying that Mac will last more than one more year.........he says they are vetting plan c kind of guys and offers may be on the way to guys currently comited to now power five schools. Not wishing ill to anyone, but this could explain why they are wildly trying to flip everyone.

Really?

I wish ill to the turds anytime they are brought up, or I think of them.

I hate them, the town they live in, their Tebow-worshipping hillbilly fan base, their coaches, and anybody having anything to do with them.

Well said.

Advertisement
So I have a friend that is "connected" to the UF compliance office, and his info has been good in the past. Well, he says they are worried. It seems that they have 13 verbals and some of them are soft. They have several OVs set but they fear some are guys trying to flip others to other schools. They suspect that this is the direct result of kids not buying that Mac will last more than one more year.........he says they are vetting plan c kind of guys and offers may be on the way to guys currently comited to now power five schools. Not wishing ill to anyone, but this could explain why they are wildly trying to flip everyone.

do not have in anywhere your connection but I have heard kids who have only minor school offers have been contacted by them as possibilities as of late.Especially in positions of critical need. People the U would not not even consider in their class. If you Google in the coach, etc. you will see many stories, editorials, etc. here he is on a real short leash.

It my only be a CYA action as they are very unsure themselves going into a season with this coach. If there were a new hire there easier job to sell new recruits of the potential of a better future-real or not.

Last edited:
Well you're right that anybody who isn't a sunshine pumper is worried about this class. There's tons of rumors going around about the staff having a dysfunctional recruiting plan and if things hold this will have probably been the worst three year stretch for UF in recruiting in the modern era so McElwain is pulling out all the stops. The 27th is supposed to be the big recruiting weekend with a bunch of big time prospects on campus. A lot of those guys were supposed to be at UF for the LSU game but obviously that game got moved. It's a hailmary attempt for sure and I'm skeptical but you never know once they're on campus.

They got the Tennessee recruiting plan seems like.

See who Miami wants. Then offer them.

[emoji23] Sounds about right

It's Hurricane season year-round

Their HC has one more year to turn it around, otherwise he's toast... new staff, new schemes, lots of turnover, no bueno for them. The new HC's in the state are going to take their recruits starting real soon!

I'm not saying his recruiting doesn't suck but he's been in the SEC title game each of the last two years. Not so sure he's on the verge of being fired just yet. *** the Gaytes!

Hate that UM has have UF fire their coach just to win a recruiting battle. Can't get anyone straight up?

Advertisement
I find this funny because they came down here and took the top four cb's on our board

They got Bandy?

No, we got Bandy so he can't be as good as who we lost. That's how it seems to work around here.

He likely wrote that because they were all offered before Bandy.bandy was commited to OU and was practically begging for an offer much like Harley.

Wilson, Davis, probably Henderson....who else? And Wilson had nothing to do with recruiting, the Gators got him because loser Chad and his little girl Quincy are still butt hurt

He's not a good HC fit at UF. Personally, I hope they give him a life long contract.

And to think some of you cowards didn't want to play them in a bowl game. When you have a chance to kill a gator, you kill the gator. We would have shoved their **** so far up their asses that it would havn flowing out their mouths. The young savages on D are for real and would have whooped the gator ***.

Now it looks like we have to deal with crocodile skin bags being dropped to keep horse teef in Canesville. Sad that it appears that Onion and La Cucaracha Crystal Balls are the bag drop men against their own school. They can both DIAF!

Advertisement
Interesting. Wonder who their soft commits are, because its seems like they don't have many. Or where they are flipping to?

Advertisement
Well you're right that anybody who isn't a sunshine pumper is worried about this class. There's tons of rumors going around about the staff having a dysfunctional recruiting plan and if things hold this will have probably been the worst three year stretch for UF in recruiting in the modern era so McElwain is pulling out all the stops. The 27th is supposed to be the big recruiting weekend with a bunch of big time prospects on campus. A lot of those guys were supposed to be at UF for the LSU game but obviously that game got moved. It's a hailmary attempt for sure and I'm skeptical but you never know once they're on campus.

They got the Tennessee recruiting plan seems like.

See who Miami wants. Then offer them.

It probably just seems that way because UF and Miami are going head to head for more prospects. If we're being honest, FSU, Bama, Clemson, Ohio St., etc. are taking all the top dogs and then leaving UF and Miami to fight it out for the rest. ***** kinda ridiculous at this point.

Honestly, its crazy how recruits know a coaching change is coming and how it will affect their recruitment. I sat next to Deandre Baker last night on my flight back to Miami, and Baker was a three-star corner from Northwestern who's currently at UGA. I asked him, "how come you didn't go to the U, being a Dade guy" and he says back to me that A.) It was certain that Golden was getting fired, B.) The U isn't back, and C.) apparently some recruits down here feel that Miami doesn't utilize the full potential of the guys they bring in, that's why they instead show their talents in the NFL.

Advertisement
Back