OT: EA Sports College Football game

Try not hiring anyone the first week and see who is available the next week.

I've tried that move, too. Typically a pool of about half a dozen guys between lvl 15-25. Sucks taking a guy in that range with meh prestige, building him up, losing him, then having to replace him with a mid dude.

Advertisement
I didn’t block a single **** kick in 10 years of NCAA14 but this week I blocked two, including one i returned for a touchdown!

I also shanked a 50 yarder that got returned for a kick six.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I didn’t block a single **** kick in 10 years of NCAA14 but this week I blocked two, including one i returned for a touchdown!

I also shanked a 50 yarder that got returned for a kick six.

Lmfao!

Every shank in my first two seasons was returned for a TD on me!

How often do y'all do a new Dynasty or RTG?
I usually have something in the sim engine annoy my desire for realism and restart a dynasty about 3 to 4 seasons in. The lack of actual coaches and a historical tracker for award winners/all Americans etc. Etc. in the game bugs me too.

My very first dynasty I got Jeremiah Smith and CJ Baxter to transfer into miami, had a backfield of Martinez, Fletcher, Baxter, CJJr and Hellcat with a big jump in development..it was stupid how loaded RB was lmao. havent seen either 2 even enter the portal since then.

Lmfao!

Every shank in my first two seasons was returned for a TD on me!
I usually miss them so bad, they’re not even in the field of play. I’m pretty automatic on anything under 40 yards now but the meter moves so fast on anything from long distance, it’s practically impossible

I usually have something in the sim engine annoy my desire for realism and restart a dynasty about 3 to 4 seasons in. The lack of actual coaches and a historical tracker for award winners/all Americans etc. Etc. in the game bugs me too.

My very first dynasty I got Jeremiah Smith and CJ Baxter to transfer into miami, had a backfield of Martinez, Fletcher, Baxter, CJJr and Hellcat with a big jump in development..it was stupid how loaded RB was lmao. havent seen either 2 even enter the portal since then.
****. I had a bunch of mid in the transfer portal.

I also suck so bad at recruiting. I’m about to restart as the OC of FAU just to change it up.

Advertisement
I usually miss them so bad, they’re not even in the field of play. I’m pretty automatic on anything under 40 yards now but the meter moves so fast on anything from long distance, it’s practically impossible

I made a 51 yard kick two nights ago and I actually jumped out of my chair celebrating. Legit felt like I'd done something impossible... based on my pretty weak kicking up until that point. If it's over ~42 yards I'm shanking it like 90% of the time, and often so bad it's more likely to hit a player on the sidelines than on the field.

****. I had a bunch of mid in the transfer portal.

I also suck so bad at recruiting. I’m about to restart as the OC of FAU just to change it up.
Yeah I think the best I've gotten out of the portal since then was a CB out of Coastal Carolina, Matthew McDoom i think?

I usually just stick with the pre-made coach for Miami, that initial staff is focused heavy on recruiting perks and helps a lot, and for recruiting in itself..ill try to focus on as many players that I can "send the house" at ASAP (ex. I have 900 hours to spend, so I'll hone in on a max of 18 recruits and keep enough preseason scouting hours to offer them immediately)

Once they hit their top 5, ill look for the recruits only I'M going after (honestly feel like I get really lucky here), get their visits set up ASAP so I can get them to commit early and use their hours elsewhere. Anyone else I'm in a race with, I'll "soft sell" as much as I can to find out what their main 3 selling points are as soon as I can. If they have a deal breaker, thats automatically 1 out of the 3. Usually stick with 40 hours per recruit, the extra 10 I get back from sell the house will go towards setting up as many visits as I can.
Around week 5 or 6 in the regular season, depending on how many commits I've gotten, i'll scour for any lightly or unrecruited 4 stars if needed. Texas, Oregon and UGA will more often than not get anyone that they're targeting unless you have a jump on them.

I always recruit as many Athletes as I can. Most (ATH) Qb's transition to RB/WR nicely if they start off with good ball carrier/catch ratings...and there is a hilarious amount of 94+ speed QBs every year
(ATH)Centers if they're a gem will usually have 76-80 speed 90+ strength and high 80s for impact block..they're generally nice stash and develop projects for me
(ATH)MLBs fill out all 3 LB spots, they'll be designated as Run Stoppers, but a good one will have 90+ speed and 75+ zone coverage...if I find one with 92+ speed, I move him to safety for 4-2-5 looks until they develop more for full-time safety.

Sorry, I started typing and just kept rambling, slow day today 😂

Advertisement
I don't know if there's a dumber screenshot than I got from my past season. Mans had 43 tackles for loss and this was before my 3 playoff games.

1723046611378.webp

Advertisement
Back