OT: EA Sports College Football game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone found an offensive playbook that's good for running the ball? Preferably a lot of I formation, single back, and any of the heavy run formations such as Maryland I or power i?

Miami playbook, pistol formation HB stretch play is an absolute staple in my offense.

Large part of Martinez winning the heisman and rushing for 3000 yards 😂

What coach type are you guys picking for Dynasty? I've chose recruiter, but is there a best option?

Advertisement
The roster updates won’t be until right before the real season starts. At least that’s what I’ve been seeing online. Likely at least another few weeks.
****, guess I’ll continue ultimate team and in dynasty seeing which coaching trees work best for me. Motivator is great after getting your first few recruiting classes in how they get extra boosts during offseason(had a 66ovr WR last name moncrief and he was from duval 😂 w/ 99speed and acc as my return man his freshman year, sophomore year after training he was an 84 overall, he also had star development trait tho).

Does anyone know if you change your playbook to something that’s not your original choice in dynasty does that negatively impact results?

I chose 4-2-5 when I started but can’t change it. I can change the playbook to whatever I want but if that doesn’t match is that bad? Not that I can stop anyone anyway but more for the simming aspect.
I've changed them and haven't noticed a negative impact. If anything it actually helped a bit.

What coach type are you guys picking for Dynasty? I've chose recruiter, but is there a best option?
Motivator then bouncing between tactician and recruiting. I just get the 3 stars in metro Atlanta area who I’m in their top 5 the first couple years and build up depth. Then in transfer portal I get all the guys from the state of Georgia who leave their teams. I’m kennesaw st.
Went first year 71 team overall, second year 82 team overall (quick turnaround) and third year 86ovr, this year 4 and we are 89ovr across the board.

Miami playbook, pistol formation HB stretch play is an absolute staple in my offense.

Large part of Martinez winning the heisman and rushing for 3000 yards 😂

The 01 Trap out of Gun Ace is one of my favorite running plays in our God forsaken playbook. The other one I find myself using a lot is HB Stretch from the Pistol Wing Slot formation. The Jet toss run out of Gun Ace is also good. I also like the outside zone out of Gun Ace as well.

Another thing I've been doing is subbing in Bell to LT and moving Rivers to center. If you look at Rivers abilities it's just retarded to leave him at tackle. I also feel like having a good center better stabilizes the O-line in this game....for whatever coding reason. The push I've been getting up the middle on that 01 trap in Gun Ace is in large part due to moving Rivers to center.

Advertisement
Probably depends on the team you start out with I would guess? I would think recruiter if you need to build a team up. That way you can upgrade your coach along the way to improve in other areas while being good recruiter from the jump.

Also, I could be completely wrong... Lol

Advertisement
It's all about play calling, depth chart & timing your throws properly.

If all you run is Go routes with your WR's, then yes the CPU will lock you down. You have to call certain plays based on the Defense they're running against you & make pre-snap audibles to your routes. Then throw depending on where the WR is on the route.

Call lots of Drag & Crosser routes that create natural picks to free up your WR's. If you see they're dropping back in Zone, audible to routes that get them past the Zones.

Also, the way you structure your Depth chart can create mismatches. The CPU will always have their best CB on the WR1, so put your fastest WR at WR2 or put him in the Slot. Like for me, I didn't make Restrepo the Slot WR, I made him the 1., George the 2 & Ray Ray the Slot, with Trader as the 4, then CJJr as the 5. So when you go Empty backfield you'll have at least 3 speed options on the field. But the key is to not just have them run Go's, but to have them run the rest of the route tree.

Passing in this game & in Madden is really all about timing & how much touch you use in situations.

The best play call to run is the Switch route when you go No huddle after you've ran the ball a few times, because the Defense will audible into Man coverage & then if you have the right personnel on the field you'll catch them in a mismatch with your Speed WR's.

Year 1 was easy AF for me because Cam has elite Arm talent. I just started year 2 & it's a lot harder because I'm going with a TF QB I signed as my starter because there weren't many good ones in the Portal.

But ultimately, it's really about your Playbook. If you have a good playbook you can beat anybody.
What playbook do you use? I’m getting more comfortable with changing routes and now I’m going to work in the custom stems

Probably depends on the team you start out with I would guess? I would think recruiter if you need to build a team up. That way you can upgrade your coach along the way to improve in other areas while being good recruiter from the jump.

Also, I could be completely wrong... Lol
I agree! Started off at Texas State as a motivator and recruiting was brutal. Think I was only able to land 20 recruits total after 2 years. If you're already at a big school, it probably won't matter how you start off.

What playbook do you use? I’m getting more comfortable with changing routes and now I’m going to work in the custom stems
Depends on the opponent.

But most of the time I use SMU, Oklahoma or WKU.

When I played against UGA I switched to Run & Shoot, but when I play in conference games I usually go with a high octane uptempo Offense. If I'm playing against a team with a really good DLine I'll go with North Texas, Kansas or Liberty.

It really just depends on the matchup & your personnel.

Advertisement
Back