OT: EA Sports College Football game

Advertisement
Played my first CFP game against TAMU in the Peach bowl, beat them 35-27.

Made it to the National title game against a 14-1 Oregon & absolutely smoked them. Their Defense was complete Swiss Cheese.

After you win the Natty, you can absolutely clean house in the Portal. I had sooo many 1st interest green dots for the Portal lol. I completely rebuilt the Secondary & replaced most of the Upperclassmen DL's.

But the top recruiting classes were
1. LSU
2. UGA
3. Bama
4. Texas
5. South Carolina
6. Notre Dame
7. Tennessee
8. Penn ST
9. Oklahoma
10. Auburn

Oh, and yall boy Jeremiah Smith was in the Portal too, but he's going to UCF of all places lol
Bruh I played fsu Tamu and Oregon in the natty lmao

Ellis Robinson IV hit the Portal as well, but he's going back home to the Northeast in Penn ST.

Dabo must not have informed EA Sports about his no Portal policy, because they took CB's JonQuis Hardaway & JD Rhym, they also took FS Malik Spencer.
I just started a dynasty and I’m in year 3 or 4 and each year Clemson is aggressive af in the portal 😂

Db are trash in this game. Get burnt religiously on defense and they don't tackle for **** smh lol
Like others offense puts in work though lol

Advertisement
On O you can obviously manipulate match ups and hide weaknesses - I'm loving the Arizona playbook. I absolutely abuse Jet sweeps.

On D if you don't have the horses upfront I don't know how you win - I'm struggling to stop anyone half decent with Hawai'i's 4-2-5. Every game is a shoot out. Maybe the 3-3-5 is the way to go.
Run 4-3, my team is built for the trenches from an overall standpoint but the creators made it this way to emulate real life games but there is just 0 defensive resistance.

Played my first CFP game against TAMU in the Peach bowl, beat them 35-27.

Made it to the National title game against a 14-1 Oregon & absolutely smoked them. Their Defense was complete Swiss Cheese.

After you win the Natty, you can absolutely clean house in the Portal. I had sooo many 1st interest green dots for the Portal lol. I completely rebuilt the Secondary & replaced most of the Upperclassmen DL's.

But the top recruiting classes were
1. LSU
2. UGA
3. Bama
4. Texas
5. South Carolina
6. Notre Dame
7. Tennessee
8. Penn ST
9. Oklahoma
10. Auburn

Oh, and yall boy Jeremiah Smith was in the Portal too, but he's going to UCF of all places lol
You playing on Heisman?

Advertisement
Wrs get no separation yr1 i went 12-2 Alabama put hands and feet on me in CFP.
It's all about play calling, depth chart & timing your throws properly.

If all you run is Go routes with your WR's, then yes the CPU will lock you down. You have to call certain plays based on the Defense they're running against you & make pre-snap audibles to your routes. Then throw depending on where the WR is on the route.

Call lots of Drag & Crosser routes that create natural picks to free up your WR's. If you see they're dropping back in Zone, audible to routes that get them past the Zones.

Also, the way you structure your Depth chart can create mismatches. The CPU will always have their best CB on the WR1, so put your fastest WR at WR2 or put him in the Slot. Like for me, I didn't make Restrepo the Slot WR, I made him the 1., George the 2 & Ray Ray the Slot, with Trader as the 4, then CJJr as the 5. So when you go Empty backfield you'll have at least 3 speed options on the field. But the key is to not just have them run Go's, but to have them run the rest of the route tree.

Passing in this game & in Madden is really all about timing & how much touch you use in situations.

The best play call to run is the Switch route when you go No huddle after you've ran the ball a few times, because the Defense will audible into Man coverage & then if you have the right personnel on the field you'll catch them in a mismatch with your Speed WR's.

Year 1 was easy AF for me because Cam has elite Arm talent. I just started year 2 & it's a lot harder because I'm going with a TF QB I signed as my starter because there weren't many good ones in the Portal.

But ultimately, it's really about your Playbook. If you have a good playbook you can beat anybody.

I hate the fact you’re forced to use Miami’s playbook exclusively for online play , but I’m trying to make the best of it . I’ve just never been a play the computer kinda guy.

So yeah , theirs is one play in our book that is absolute FIRE. The All Go play out of Gun Trips has one of the best crossing routes in the game . Torches man and has to be user defended . I’ve built my entire scheme off that one route and my offense has been humming. The threat of that crossing route on an any play forces the user to stay home and limits how much he can cheat away from the deep middle of the field .

Stretch run out of the portal is a big gainer.
Yeah I tend to run that or the slam. The slam doesn’t get you as much yardage as other years

Attachments

• IMG_7572.gif
    IMG_7572.gif
    335.3 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
EA sport really screwed us with the roster update, we’re missing out on a lot of young talented players who also provide depth and are future starters.

Makes us have to work three times as harder out of the gate and recruiting

I'm not even joking and I gotta ask about this again because it keeps happening.

I can find it when I look for it, but the cpu WILL NOT recommend QB kneel, no matter how large of a lead I have. It IS recommending it for friends who are playing with other teams. But I haven't had it recommended even one time.

I'm legit asking.. is this happening to anyone else? No QB kneel being recommended for Miami?
i didnt have it. i had to keep running the ball

I’m still playing on varsity but I’ve figured out offense. It took me a bit to get used to the zone read and RPO buttons but I’m getting consistent. Defense is still a guessing game for me. Sometimes my best bet is just to play as a lineman and let the CPU not mess everything up. Although learning the coverage adjustments has really helped clamp down on the underneath routes. The game still heavily favors offense so maybe down the line I’ll adjust sliders to make it a bit more realistic.

On a side note: I couldn’t make a field goal or punt at all until I practiced using the mini games. Those really helped me get used to the kick meter

Advertisement
Whoever set this Miami team up on the backend must be a fan!

I’m on year 3 of the rebuild and -

+ The ACC sucks ***! At the end of the year, only two teams have double digit wins and the rest are no better than 8-4.
+ Have gone to the CFP seminal twice with a transfer portal QB. The position doesn’t develop at all. Williams and Anderson are still at 77 overall.
+ Before the 1st season, I moved Rivers to LG and Okunlola took over at tackle…jackpot!
+ Mauigoa, Okunlola, and Aguirre left for the draft after my second season and all left as 98 overall.
+ I can’t recruit DB’s to save Miami’s soul! So I dumped a ton of coaching tree points on DB in the red, blue, and orange tiles. That seems to have fixed it as I have three 5* DB’s committed.
+ Just like everyone else, Smith from OSU ended up in the portal and was 92 overall on my roster.

It's all about play calling, depth chart & timing your throws properly.

If all you run is Go routes with your WR's, then yes the CPU will lock you down. You have to call certain plays based on the Defense they're running against you & make pre-snap audibles to your routes. Then throw depending on where the WR is on the route.

Call lots of Drag & Crosser routes that create natural picks to free up your WR's. If you see they're dropping back in Zone, audible to routes that get them past the Zones.

Also, the way you structure your Depth chart can create mismatches. The CPU will always have their best CB on the WR1, so put your fastest WR at WR2 or put him in the Slot. Like for me, I didn't make Restrepo the Slot WR, I made him the 1., George the 2 & Ray Ray the Slot, with Trader as the 4, then CJJr as the 5. So when you go Empty backfield you'll have at least 3 speed options on the field. But the key is to not just have them run Go's, but to have them run the rest of the route tree.

Passing in this game & in Madden is really all about timing & how much touch you use in situations.

The best play call to run is the Switch route when you go No huddle after you've ran the ball a few times, because the Defense will audible into Man coverage & then if you have the right personnel on the field you'll catch them in a mismatch with your Speed WR's.

Year 1 was easy AF for me because Cam has elite Arm talent. I just started year 2 & it's a lot harder because I'm going with a TF QB I signed as my starter because there weren't many good ones in the Portal.

But ultimately, it's really about your Playbook. If you have a good playbook you can beat anybody.
What playbook do you use?

Saw someone made the old Ohio state teams on team builder with the classic uniforms and everything. Would be kinda cool if someone did the same with some classic Miami teams

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back