OT: EA Sports College Football game

I’m used to running pro set and single back with the U. This pistol and gun is tough to use. Anyone know good playbooks?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Trying to get Chris Johnson some PT. Are there no third down rb packages?
Yes

On the depth chart, there is an option for your third down back. Damien Martinez is just really good, so he's the highest rated OVR and atop the depth chart. However, Chris Johnson Jr. has 98 speed and 76 catch and is basically unstoppable on the little route out of the backfield. Ajay Allen also good in this role, but just not as dynamic. Both are just lower OVR, so you need to edit them in the game. Just put them there.

Also, if you notice, Josh Horton plays a lot at DT, it is because he is RDT2 on the depth chart. If you sort that by OVR, you will have Reuben Bain playing DT a lot (he's a ******* monster inside), and Barrow will play next to him a ton if you slot him in at that RDT spot.

These key reserve spots are after Punter on the depth chart selection and before QB.

Yes

On the depth chart, there is an option for your third down back. Damien Martinez is just really good, so he's the highest rated OVR and atop the depth chart. However, Chris Johnson Jr. has 98 speed and 76 catch and is basically unstoppable on the little route out of the backfield. Ajay Allen also good in this role, but just not as dynamic. Both are just lower OVR, so you need to edit them in the game. Just put them there.

Also, if you notice, Josh Horton plays a lot at DT, it is because he is RDT2 on the depth chart. If you sort that by OVR, you will have Reuben Bain playing DT a lot (he's a ******* monster inside), and Barrow will play next to him a ton if you slot him in at that RDT spot.

These key reserve spots are after Punter on the depth chart selection and before QB.
He’s a monster catching out of the backfield

Yes

You fixed my problem, thanks.

Advertisement
**** sucks I have to be the first one. I know we thirsted for a cfb game. This game is not that good the menus feel laggy asf and even on the play screen zoom out it skips. I don’t think this game is that good imo. But that’s just me, I played my first game and I’m like where is the polish man. Feels like the game was rushed but they had all this **** time. But if you like it you like it, just my experience with one game. Menus feels slow asf it just feels choppy and watching streams of it during the week I thought it was everyone’s stream. Nope it’s the game.

Players clipping through each other and fans. I’m like cmon man yall had all this time. Modders do **** faster with less time on pc.
See the problem is your aren’t judging it on the EA scale - which means calling it great automatically adds ’for EA’ and already has expectations in the basement. This is what a lack of competition in the football game space creates

IMG_2814.webp

Advertisement
It’s good but I’m not even gone like, the lack of customization has killed a little of the excitement for today.

Btw, our stadium on the game sucks. It’s dark. I’m going to start a new dynasty with someone else because I don’t want to play in a dark stadium….

You can definitely feel the difference playing at other stadium versus ours. That’s my take away for today.
Tell me you don't go to games without telling me you don't go to games.

Advertisement
I’m playing on the PS5 and loving it so far. It feels a lot smoother and more realistic than Madden. Animations are on point and the run game feels great even though I prefer to pass.

I started dynasty mode and trying to figure out the odds and ends of recruiting. It’s pretty realistic as a game…I was 8-0 and beating teams by 90 points and only ranked 3rd place. Behind 2 teams that were 6-1. So the disrespect for Miami is accurate!!!

I don’t have the game yet, but I’m watching one of these YouTubers play a Miami Dynasty 😂

Probably gonna bite the bullet and buy the console and game next month so it’ll have the most recent update before the season starts.

Advertisement
Back