OT: EA Sports College Football game

Advertisement
As someone that edited many rosters and spent an inordinate amount of time doing it...I'm glad I don't have to edit names moving forward. Can get the game and start playing for once.

Amen. Although, I was much more in tune with the world of college football when I was doing my own rosters. I knew or old wr coach, Taylor Stubblefield, from doing Purdue's roster back in the day.

I'll add something else that might be unpopular. I wish they'd make ratings matter once and for all and get rid of sliders.

Some of the sliders don't work at all. And, you need a hard to understand last name and a degree from M.I.T to figure out the rest of the sliders.

EA has never gone into detail about what sliders do/don't do.

It'll be late January and people will still be searching for realistic sliders.

Get rid of them. Or, have a sim gameplay mode and a custom gameplay mode where sliders are enabled.

Amen. Although, I was much more in tune with the world of college football when I was doing my own rosters. I knew or old wr coach, Taylor Stubblefield, from doing Purdue's roster back in the day.

I'll add something else that might be unpopular. I wish they'd make ratings matter once and for all and get rid of sliders.

Some of the sliders don't work at all. And, you need a hard to understand last name and a degree from M.I.T to figure out the rest of the sliders.

EA has never gone into detail about what sliders do/don't do.

It'll be late January and people will still be searching for realistic sliders.

Get rid of them. Or, have a sim gameplay mode and a custom gameplay mode where sliders are enabled.
One thing they have done - seemingly - is take a lot of the way attributes are distributes over the 100-0 scale. For example, in this edition of the game, Travis Hunter...a 4.48 reported type of player has an 81 speed or whatever. I think people are still unsure if recruits will quickly **** up the established roster with a plethora of higher speed players. However, it seems speed isn't as directly correlated to OVR, especially at key positions where you would assume it would. It used to back in the day.

So, maybe that was always a flaw in the game no one really noticed until a group of dudes just went under the hood with the game and now we won't have that problem anymore.

Also, last incarnation of NCAA sliders were notorious for just not doing what they were intended. There was a way to use them to create a better game, but it wasn't as intended. Same as penalty sliders. Penalty sliders were just as much gameplay sliders as the real ones, if not more so. It wasn't just "increase frequency of" slider. They dictated a ton of different animations, etc.

That's how a lot of these guys play. Some even create themselves as a qb with 99 speed and 99 throw power.

I think it's trash.

But, it's their game and they can play how they want.

The problem is that those types are so prevalent and they tend to spend money on ultimate team. Thus, EA tends to cater their games towards them, not to people who want to play non-arcade simulation football.

Even the college game this year will have a bunch of boosts and whatnot. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's football, not Super Mario Bros. We don't need magic mushrooms and other power ups.

Get rid of that b.s.
Yeah, I’ll be completely ignoring the “ultimate team” again like I always have in every single sports game. I don’t do the whole micro transaction thing.

Advertisement
We are finally in single digits til this drops, LEGIT gameplay video and reviews from real deal (No I dont believe anyone that went to EA headquarter).. Also college players will get a code early also later this coming week to redeem their free copy and on a team of 90+ players I know all dont play video games and will give their codes to siblings or sell away. Game info will start to trickle out in full force..

Guysm we are in the end game now, the drought is almost over.. 21 min first look drop monday

One thing they have done - seemingly - is take a lot of the way attributes are distributes over the 100-0 scale. For example, in this edition of the game, Travis Hunter...a 4.48 reported type of player has an 81 speed or whatever. I think people are still unsure if recruits will quickly **** up the established roster with a plethora of higher speed players. However, it seems speed isn't as directly correlated to OVR, especially at key positions where you would assume it would. It used to back in the day.

So, maybe that was always a flaw in the game no one really noticed until a group of dudes just went under the hood with the game and now we won't have that problem anymore.

Also, last incarnation of NCAA sliders were notorious for just not doing what they were intended. There was a way to use them to create a better game, but it wasn't as intended. Same as penalty sliders. Penalty sliders were just as much gameplay sliders as the real ones, if not more so. It wasn't just "increase frequency of" slider. They dictated a ton of different animations, etc.

Just like they’re doing these dynasty and gameplay deep dives, they need to release a slider deep dive.

But, that’d require their sliders to actually work to begin with.

EA ‘gon EA.

Advertisement
Hearing Shannon Dawson might be having inappropriate relations with women either inside of the Hecht or with recruits moms. Hate for him to lose his job for too much rizz, but...lets see what happens.

So, while Sam Houston State and Charlotte offers to be their next OC are nice, we're going to wait and see what happens with this Miami situation.

Respect my decision to...

Advance to Next Week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Local mom and pops stores should be getting copies around Wednesday/Thursday. If any of yall have the gift of gab or good relationships with them, yall might be able to cop a physical copy around then. Copies might start popping up on ebay around then also but expect to pay extra going that route.

I use to have a plug in the Cincinnati area that had a mom and pops store near him and he would get every major release a week early when the store received their shipment. I would wire him the money for the game and shipping and he would overnight it to me. Last game I got early for him was ncaa 14 lol. Then gaming companies caught on and started this 3 day early access stuff to fight back against the smaller companies

There was also a small mom and pops store in Miami that I got some games early from. Cant remember the name or if they are even still open....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back