OT: EA Sports College Football game

Cause it's a video game and having the freedom to mess around with skills is fun.

Also, I've been burned in the past by recruiting a 5'11 170lb WR with a specialty of "speed" only for him to show up with a speed of 92. I'd bump him up to 97 or so.
You say burned, but that's realistic.

We all thought Mark Pope was going to be a blazer with his 100m times but turned out he couldn't get much separation at all, amongst other things. 5 star bust.

Advertisement
Why would you do that?
I used to edit other school's player ratings just to keep things from getting stale.

You wanna see things get weird though? Give CPU controlled, option school QBs 90 speed, acceleration, agility and break tackle (and RB/FB obviously). Give their skill positions better run blocking ratings and all their lineman 70 speed and better impact blocking. You can completely ignore everything to do with the pass.

They murder all the rest of the CPU controlled teams. They'd put up like.. 600 yards rushing against 99 overall Alabama on a bad night.

Maybe - but it's a game. Not being able to edit attributes would be a bummer.
I agree with you. Option should be there.

However, I've found in other games when I end up editing my players to make them better. It's short term satisfaction but the game ends up being less fun in the long run. I'm going to try my hardest to not edit the players this go round. Or create a 6'7 330 lb kicker who might just be an all American LT.

I agree with you. Option should be there.

However, I've found in other games when I end up editing my players to make them better. It's short term satisfaction but the game ends up being less fun in the long run. I'm going to try my hardest to not edit the players this go round. Or create a 6'7 330 lb kicker who might just be an all American LT.
These punters all about to have 95 speed and acceleration.

Advertisement
Grinding through the 95 Theses of Martin Luther that is the Dynasty Deep Dive.

I feel like idk...80%(??) is stuff from the previous incarnation of the game (lots of stuff that was not broken, but did need to make feel come more alive) perhaps with some tightened up or dialed in work. Also, just a new graphic interface for a lot of the same stuff that was in a decade old game.

This is fine, but just curious of any DUB hardcores out there noticed the same thing.

Advertisement

I feel like idk...80%(??) is stuff from the previous incarnation of the game (lots of stuff that was not broken, but did need to make feel come more alive) perhaps with some tightened up or dialed in work. Also, just a new graphic interface for a lot of the same stuff that was in a decade old game.

This is fine, but just curious of any DUB hardcores out there noticed the same thing.
Yeah it was noticed , just those are all good things that worked so it was “oh that was in 08, cool to see it back.”

It ended up being very easy to get Pipelines in previous versions of the game (too easy...believe last incarnation of the DUB had a microtransaction to make it even easier).

Perhaps in the future, they can make "pipelines" less a school feature and more of a feature as it relates to your coach(es). Would dissuade you as a coach from going from building up UMass and having all of your recruiting connections in the greater NE from taking a job at Washington State or something. You're not getting a ton of players from Connecticut to Wazzu.
From what I think I understand, schools have pipelines that dont change, but coaches have their own pipelines also. Im not sure if those are static though.

How do Schools Determine Who They Want to Hire?

Each school has a school persona, which determines what they are looking for in their next coach. Schools will evaluate candidates across the following criteria:

• Pipeline: All coaches have a primary pipeline, which provides a boost in recruiting. This is meant to simulate an area of the country where they have strong ties and relationships in recruiting. Schools prefer coaches whose primary pipeline is the same as one of the school’s recruiting pipelines.
-------------------

Recruiting Pipelines
A school’s pipeline level will never change, which ensures that schools who are historically strong recruiters in a given region will always have an advantage. For example, Florida has historically dominated recruiting in Central Florida in areas like Lakeland, Tampa, and Orlando. Similarly, LSU regularly reaches into East Texas and all along the gulf coast. This also accurately reflects the challenges of recruiting to a small school that is not located in or adjacent to a strong pipeline.

Advertisement
The beauty of having summer off.

How did people need to cheat to win at 14? I won with Colorado and UNLV (and I moved them to the Big 12) without cheating. Just good ol' fashioned ball (don't pause me you slappy!) coaching
I think one of NCAA14’s biggest issue was that it was too easy. You could take over the worst team and win 9 games in the first season. You almost had to adjust the sliders to make the game more realistic. Run blocking was way too OP.

Advertisement
I think one of NCAA14’s biggest issue was that it was too easy. You could take over the worst team and win 9 games in the first season. You almost had to adjust the sliders to make the game more realistic. Run blocking was way too OP.
I definitely adjusted the sliders. Made it specific to limit my strengths and exploit my weaknesses.

I def didn’t win 9 with UNLV year one. Maybe I suck though

It was pretty long! No diddy!

Advertisement
Back